Heller HVF10

Heller HVF10

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.8

Gem

GemAdelaide

Sturdy little fan; Wish it had a silent mode

Bought it on eBay, here's what I think:

Pros:
    - Sturdy build. Dropped it a few times and still works.
    - Low power consumption. Connected with my laptop cooler's USB ports with no observable issues.
    - High Airflow. You can feel the breeze instantly.

Cons:
    - Loud humming sound. About 30-40 dB when powered on. My laptop fans are at 15 dB on average so this may not be appropriate for those sensitive to certain noise levels.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
    Andrew S.

Andrew S.Melbourne

Heller HVF 10

Bought this fan only a few weeks ago so not sure why the website says its discontinued. it is a small portable USB powered fan for my desk and cooling my MacBook (which is always running hot). The fan is quiet and with is rubber pads on the stand no vibration either on the desk or noise.

Going to buy a couple more for other staff when i go to Officeworks later today.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
    Rose

RosePerth, WA

Fantastic little fan

I have two of these fans. One on my desk at work where I flick it on and off depending on what mood the air conditioner is in. It cools me down immediately and doesn't blow any paperwork around. The second is in my bathroom where it keeps my face cool when I'm applying makeup. Just brilliant.
    It's quiet (so quiet I sometimes to forget to turn if off in the bathroom), inexpensive and adjustable (you can point it up or down).

Standalone Fans