Hello Broadband

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PrinceRogersNelson

PrinceRogersNelsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Started well, ended badly

Signed up to support the new kid on the block 2 years ago and was prepared to forgive the initial teething problems with my connection. Initial speeds were ok (25/2 plan).... then it started getting worse, speeds dropping to below 10 mbps. I changed over to Aussie Broadband (very happy, consistently high 40's mbps) Cancelling my contract with Hello was another experience in poor customer service. I notified them through their website and got a 'ticket' to acknowledge receipt. I have subsequently been invoiced - which I was able to get a refund through my bank. Avoid Hello Broadband.

Adequate Speeds No

James

JamesAlice Springs, NT

Bad customer service and no speed

Signed up for a year contract and I will be leaving this provider and returning to my old one. Speed is always way below what I pay for, speed is below 1mbps most times. These guys false advertise and the customer service is terrible. Avoid "hello broadband"

Contract Type12-month contract

jon

Average Not getting what i am paying for speed wise !

Speed is no where near the 26mpbs,you can not stream movies like they (Hello Broadband ) state on their site and on Facebook, never believe what any provider states as it is a best guess, line drop out is common happens usually twice a week,, hope it gets better and i actually start to get the 26mpbs that i am paying for though in reality i have a better chance at wining lotto than this company investing in their network, just another load of codswollop spin

Adequate Speeds No
Contract Type12-month contract

Julien0398

Julien0398

Terrible connection and even worse customer service

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

keoke

keokeTweed Heads

Professional and willing to assist

I am no longer a Hello Broadband customer but while i was I found them to be very helpful, always prompt to answer the phone and willing to assist. Their support staff are knowledgeable and most times had the service back up and running very quickly. It would have been great to have 24/7 support access but that may come at a later stage. All in all I was happy with the service, though did experience some dropouts. To be fair though almost every provider will have dropouts/speed issues to some degree due to the NBN network and connection type. In my opinion its how they are handled defines a good provider. Well done Hello Broadband.

Terrible speeds on a 50Mbps plan, lucky to get speeds in double digits

No dropouts, but speed rarely reached double figures. Can only contact them between Monday - Friday business hours. When I questioned the speeds I was told that was a maximum speed. Iinet to the same premises, same connection, same router are giving me average speeds of 46 Mbps, and have 24/7 help. Glad I made the change even though Hello Broadband are trying to hit me with dodgy exit fees.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)

Walter Kowalenko

Walter Kowalenko

Not eaven half speed at 50mb ,no speed at all for customer service or help.!,!

Have been connected for a month now without a telephone ,they just must have fergotten to conect. I am a deaf person need my amplified land line telephone ,becauce I CAN NOT USE A MOBILE can not hear it.
I have sent them four emails,my daugther has contacted them also re telephone conection,,,,,,,,,, my last attempt was yesterday,s chat with Nino who promissed to help !! All my emails have not been answered at all,, except an insuting mail today asking me what my thougths are of their service after a month use,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well I will let the readers of this litle comment answer you .........very

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Internet speed fine - communication and professionalism poor

Connection had it moments where it would be slow otherwise was sound. The service providers are terrible at communication. On multiple accounts I’ve had money taken out early, I’ve had it taken out twice before and even money taken out that I’m not sure what it’s for. I wouldn’t recommend them.

shane

shaneAU

Poor service. Constant drop outs. Poor technical support.

This service started off well but has deteriorated severely. Constant drop outs. Customer service is non existent. Hours of service for technical support are appalling. Check their hours of operation on web site differ to when you call up?? How poor is that. My service has been down 48 hours now. 1 hr on the phone today with a tech who spoke poor english and promised me they would sort out today and keep me advised, didnt stay true. No email no calls. Im still out of internet?? Now im angry and am searching for new provider. Dont bother with this mobs false promises and poor service

It is OK

I got adsl. Took forever to get connected over 3 months. Major trouble with dropping out all the time. Customer service is very slow via emails they don't reply at all sometimes ages or it might take well over a week.

jon

What Hello actually charge you is different to the deal you sign up for.

jon

very good service and customer service

happy with this service you dont have to wait to long for phone service and can understand them,great billing system

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)

craig southern

craig southernPhilip island

fttn review - happy story

all good, helpful when i called the help desk & the installation tech was great.
bought 50Mb download plan, get 30 odd Mb in reality over wifi. Maybe would be better with another provide but who knows...

Review collected in partnership with Hello Broadband

works well but cuts out sometimes

I'm satisfied with connection but yes it does cut out regularly the set up was ok no problems at all overall I'm happy with service

NBN Wireless

I have recently connected via Hello and have no complaint about the administration of the service. However, I am experiencing inconsistent NBN wireless signal at my location.

Review collected in partnership with Hello Broadband

Never got speeds paid for

Went with Hello as it’s an Australian NBN provider Absolute rubbish. Paid for 50/25 speeds. Never got anywhere near that. Max 30mps. Down to as low as 5mps
Internet also drops out frequently. Rang tech support. Got an Overseas call centre.

Deyeda

DeyedaWyong

Total disappointment.

Linda Pidutti

Linda Pidutti

Not happy

Connection TypeNo. Idea what you mean

Review collected in partnership with Hello Broadband

i cant live without the internet its so good

I will like to give you a 5 star rating for this company enjoying so much my kids are enjoying the net

Nicholas Balogh

Nicholas BaloghVic, 3802

switched provider

I love having victorian callcenter,you can improve your technical support by putting through straight to a technical staff instead a recorded message and after being cut off.I had a few dropouts on ADSL,otherwise it's not bad.The other issue I had that nobody advise me that the line transfer took place and I was suddenly cut off from my previous telco and I still didn't have the new modem sent out.Keep up the good work and try to improve it