HelloFresh

HelloFresh Questions & Answers (page 2 of 11)

3.7 from 5,792 reviews

210 questions from our users

Jay.S

Jay.Sasked

Ingredients and amounts for Mumbai spice blend please

Louis C.HelloFresh

Thanks for getting in touch, Jay!

We are so delighted to hear that you wish to recreate the Mumbai Spice Blend! If you could please get in touch with our Customer Care Team, they can track down the exact quantities and ingredients for you. You can reach us via:

Tayla F.
Tayla F.

I would also like to know this too! Or if there’s a similar blend in the mainstream market? I can’t just keep waiting for recipes to pop up that contain it, it’s too good!!

Liam C.

Liam C.asked

Can you guys PLEASE LIST THE WEIGHT OF ITEMS NEEDED INSTEAD OF PACKETS PLEASE!!!
Instead of replying to every question about the weights of everything just put it on the sheet!
One packet of almonds is?
One packet of Cous Cous?

Louis C.HelloFresh

Hi Liam, thanks so much for reaching out!

While we don't publish the exact weights of ingredients on every packet, we can check in with our recipe team to confirm exactly what's needed to cook one of the family favourites!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly - we're here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! You can reach us via:

Facebook DM - http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau

Simply let us know the ingredient and recipe and we'll track down the measurements needed!

Helen S.

Helen S.asked

Could there be a reminder system on the app to remind you to choose? It’s so frustrating when you forget , it’s when I consider cancelling my subscription. Just a reminder text would be great!

Hi Helen,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At this stage we don't have a reminder system set up for you, though I will certainly pass your feedback along to our team regarding this. In the meantime, a lot of our customers find that putting a reminder in their diary or their phone for our Tuesday 11:59PM (AEDT / AEST) deadline helps them keep track of their account.

I hope this helps - please feel free to pop us a Direct Message via: http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau with any other questions.

Louis

Subject Matter Expert
HelloFresh Australia

slummymummy

slummymummyasked

Was looking forward to my order this week .. jumped into my account just before to see the week had been skipped ... I had not skipped it ... manually changed my plan to a day later thinking it might have moved the cut off day to find that only comes into effect from the following week .. I am so disappointed as I did not want to go to that supermarket this week !

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch about this. We're so sorry for our delayed response!

We can't apologise enough to hear about this - we would be happy to look into this to find out what happened. Every action that is made on a customer's account, such as cancellations, skips, changes to the account information and meal swaps, it provides us with a digital, time-stamped receipt so that we have a detailed record of the account history.

So we can look into this for you, please don't hesitate to call on (02) 8188 8722 or send us a direct message on Facebook via http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau. Alternatively, you can head to our website or app and open up a live chat with us.

Skyler

Skylerasked

My box was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday and it got here a day late on Thursday night. The ice packs are still slightly frozen, but not entirely. Is the food still safe to eat?

Hi Skyler,

Thanks for getting in touch and we're so sorry for our delayed response! Our Product Review site is not live monitored.

We're sorry to hear about the delay to your delivery! Your box is kept refrigerated throughout it's transportation, including when it's at the local depot and in the van on it's way to you, so your ingredients will be safe to use so long as the ice packs are cool to touch.

If ever you need a speedy response from us, please get in touch directly using the information below - our contact centre is 24/7 so you'll never have to wait long for a response!

Hope this helps!

Jessica C.

Jessica C.asked

Hello, what is in the 'garlic & herb seasoning' and how big (grams) is one packet please? I want to recreate your delicious truffle & mushroom risotto!

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for reaching out and we're so sorry for our delayed response - our Product Review site is not live monitored.

We are so delighted to hear that you wish to re-create our Garlic & Herb Seasoning! When our recipe team started creating some of our most favourite recipes, they realised there were key flavour components and ingredients that were not available from our suppliers, or even within our local supermarkets.

From there, they ensured to create their own unique flavour combinations which make up some of our most loved flavours you may see in your box from time to time. Due to this, we are unable to specify the exact recipe we use to create these blends. You can however find a full list of the ingredients (with allergen and origin info) by heading to hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo. This may help you find a similar replacement. Should you find a suitable substitute, one packet of our seasoning is around 13 grams.

Bridget

Bridgetasked

I’d like to make the beef & fetta meatballs with couscous tabbouleh & hummus dressing. How much is one packet of beef mince? Thanks for your help!

Hi Bridget,

Thank you for getting in touch, we are so happy to hear you're recreating this yummy recipe!

We hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with our Customer Care Team directly - they're available 24/7 and will always be happy to provide you with a speedy answer! You can reach them via:

Alwaysinthekitchenasked

Hi there
How much does each ingredient weigh please
Fine bread crumbs
Pork Mince
Penne and Spagetti pasta packets.
Thankyou so much.
Im enjoying every meal so far,wanted to recreate a few!

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch, we are so delighted to hear you are re-creating some of our delicious recipes!

All of our pasta packets weigh 200g. The fine breadcrumbs packet weigh 27g = 1/4 cup. The amount of protein delivered for every meal can vary depending on the method of the recipe and the other ingredients, but will always be in line with the Australian Dietary Requirements, which recommend around 90g-100g of raw lean red meats per person.

Alwaysinthekitchen

Thankyou so much. Looking forward to my delivery on Sunday.

Elsie G

Elsie Gasked

I got my delivery on Tuesday, it’s Saturday now, I just noticed I forgot a pack of steak in box, it’s doesn’t smell bad at all, looks as fresh as it came, same reddish color, should I throw it away? Or is it still good, it felt a little cold from the ice thst it came it, but it melted

Hi Elsie,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are so sorry for our delayed response!

Considering the length of time the meat hasn't been refrigerated for, we wouldn't recommend consuming the steaks. Our cool pouches and ice packs are designed to keep your food fresh for at least 8 hours outside of the fridge, and the van your box is delivered in is temperature controlled. However once the ice packs have completely melted and a substantial length of time has passed, the meat is unlikely to be completely safe to consume.

Should you need to get back in touch, please reach out to us directly via the following for a speedier reply!:

Natasha F.

Natasha F.asked

Hi I wanted to know if the Mumbai spice mix is simply Garum Marsala Or if not are we able to but the mix?

Leila H.HelloFresh

Thanks for reaching out, Natasha!

We are so delighted to hear that you wish to re-create our Mumbai spice mix!

This spice blend is exclusive to HelloFresh as it is custom-made for us, so it's sadly not available at retailers. You can however find a full list of the ingredients (with allergen and origin info) by heading to hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo.

If you ever need some guidance with this in future, our Customer Care team are always here to help. Please don't hesitate to call on (02) 8188 8722 or send us a direct message on Facebook via http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau. Alternatively, you can head to our website or app and open up a live chat with us - we're available 24/7!

- Leila

Natalie F.

Natalie F.asked

Im trying to recreate the sweet and sticky Asian pork, and need measurements:
how much is in 1 packet of basmati rice?
1 packet oyster sauce = ?
1packet pork loins = ?

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are so sorry for our delayed response!

To re-create this recipe, you'll need: 50g = 1 packet of oyster sauce, 3/4 (or 154g) = 1 packet of basmati rice & approx 90g-100g of raw pork loins per person.

If ever you're in the kitchen and need a speedy reply, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly for a speedy reply via:

Dedrei

Dedreiasked

I would like to re-create the Caribbean Beef Chilli with Coconut Rice, my kids just love this recipe. Please can you tell me how much Jerk seasoning in a sachet as well as tomato paste per sachet. Thanks.

Hannah N.HelloFresh

Hi Dedrei,

We are so glad you loved our recipe so much that you want to recreate it!

The Jerk seasoning is 16g per sachet (https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/706802/masterfoods-dryrub-spicy-jerk-jamaican-style) and the tomato paste is 50g per sachet (https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/115012/leggo-s-tomato-paste-sachet).

- Jonathan

Ann M.

Ann M.asked

Hi, today I received my third delivery and am very happy with food , however I clearly asked that the box be left at the front door, (it’s actually states this on the box) but the driver for the last two deliveries, has left it at the front gate by the main road in the pouring rain. Please could this be looked into as if it happens again I will be forced to cancel future orders. The last box was so saturated that I was unable to lift it and the bags inside were wet too. Thank you Ann

Hannah N.HelloFresh

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

So we can get this sorted for you, please don't hesitate to call on (02) 8188 8722 or send us a direct message on Facebook via http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau. Alternatively, you can head to our website or app and open up a live chat with us!

- Jonathan

JJJ

JJJasked

Not so much of a question as a request/recommendation. I just received my first package and unpacked it. I like that the meat/dairy is kept separate and was wondering if it would be possible to pack the meals with a fridge paper bag and a pantry paper bag. I have a very small fridge so to get everything to fit i had to move the potatoes, rice, onions, lemons etc out of the meal bags to get everything to fit. These components made up a large portion of the volume of each bag and if the only additional packaging is a separate paper bag for panty goods I would very much appreciate the change.

Hi JJJ,

Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas with us and welcome to the #FreshFam!

We have passed your comments on to our team so they haven't gone unheard.

If you have any other questions or feedback, we're available 24/7 and are happy to help! You can give us a buzz on (02) 8188 8722 or send us a direct message on Facebook at http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau.

Brienna B.

Brienna B.asked

Hi there - I’m looking to cook the chicken and chorizo paella-style rice - how much Arborio rice is in a packet? Thanks!

Hi Brienna,

Thanks for getting in touch - we're delighted to hear you're re-creating this yummy recipe!

One packet of Arborio Rice is equal to 200g or 1 cup.

If you're ever in the kitchen and need a speedy reply, please get in touch with our Customer Care Team! They're available 24/7 and are always happy to help. You can reach them via:

Amelia P.

Amelia P.asked

Hi!
I'm trying to recreate a few recipes and was wondering what the ingredients are in some of the spice blends.
-mexican fiesta spice blend
-chermoula spice mix
And the quantities in some of the sachets/packets for two person meals
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 sachet sesame seeds
- 1 packet fine breadcrumbs
- 1 packet greek yoghurt
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves
sorry for the long list!

Happygirl
Happygirl

I'm sorry I haven't kept the recipe cards so can't answer that questions, but their website should be able to help with that. You could make any number of dishes using chicken with a selection of the ingredients you've listed. I often adapt some of the recipes if there is an ingredient no one is keen on.

Louis C.HelloFresh

Hi Amelia, thanks for getting in touch!

We're so happy to hear that you'd like to recreate some of our delicious recipes at home! If you could please reach out to our friendly Customer Care team they will be able to check this for you!

We're here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us via:

Sarah E.

Sarah E.asked

Hi
I am loving your recipes and we want to do many of them again. Have you a conversion chart for your sachet/ pot measurements at all?

Louis C.HelloFresh

Hi Sarah. Thanks so much for reaching out!

While we don't have a conversion chart per say, if you don't remember the weight of the ingredient we've sent for a past recipe, we can check in with our recipe team to confirm exactly what's needed to cook one of the family favourites!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly Customer Care team - we're here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! You can reach us via:

Carlos

Carlosasked

Hi I would like to know if you could help me. I want to prepare again lne of the delicious recipes I got from Hello fresh

Indian Sweet potato and coconut dhal

But the recipe doesn’t specify the weight for lentils nor the tomato paste

It just says 2 packets of red lentils. How can I know how much dows each packet weigh?

It also only mentions 2 sachets of tomato paste. How much does each tomato paste sachet weigh?

FrancescaHelloFresh

We are so happy to hear that you're recreating our delicious recipes, Carlos! For a packet of red lentils, you'll need 120g or 1/2 a cup, and the tomato paste would be 50g per sachet.

- Francesca.

Paula T.

Paula T.asked

Have loved the flavors in our meals. Can we buy the spice blends? The Mumbai and Tex Mex are beautiful flavors. If can't buy them can you post the ingredients?

Hi Paula,

Thanks for getting in touch - we are over the moon to hear you're loving your HelloFresh meals!

When our recipe team started creating some of our most favourite recipes, they realised there were key flavour components and ingredients that were not available from our suppliers, or even within our local supermarkets. From there, they ensured to create their own unique flavour combinations which make up some of our most loved flavours you may see in your box from time to time. Due to this, we are unable to specify the exact recipe we use to create these blends. For the same reasons, they're sadly not available at retailers.

You can however find a full list of the ingredients (with allergen and origin info) by heading to hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo and anytime you receive an item that was not created by HelloFresh in your box, we will always make sure to have the supplier's name on the packaging.

We hope you understand and happy cooking!

Stacey

Staceyasked

Hi, I wanted to remake the one-pan chorizo risoni risotto and wanted to know how much 1.5 packets of risoni is? Thanks so much!

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for getting in touch - we're so sorry for our delayed reponse!

We are delighted to hear you'd like to re-create this yummy risotto! One packet of risoni is equal to 96g or 1/2 cup (so 144g or 3/4 cup for 1.5 packets).

If ever you're in the kitchen and need a speedy reply, our Customer Care Team are available 24/7 and are always happy to help! You can get in touch via:

- Kathryn

Get an answer from our members and HelloFresh representatives

Other Food Delivery Services