helloworld

helloworld Questions & Answers

Nada M.
Nada M.

We booked Qantas flights with Helloworld prior to the pandemic. We have requested a refund through the helloworld agent. They said they would contact Qantas. We are yet to hear anything back. When will we get a refund?

Wayne
Wayne

When do I find out what cabin and what level I am on a cruise ship from Sydney to Morton bay

Sante D.
Sante D.

Where does the money go overseas

Natasha R.

I have just emailed a travel agent to ask for an appointment to discuss upcoming European trip. She has asked for $200 pp upfront( that will come off the price we eventually pay) before she will start to look. Is this normal these days?

Disappointed Customer

Hi Natasha, this is not a common practice in the travel industry. As a customer, you have the right to shop around and find the best deal. I would not recommend you to go to Helloworld, judging by my personal experience as well as reading the customer reviews. It seems that the master franchisor doesn't care with the customer feedback and negative comments made about the poor performance and lousy customer experience delivered by the franchisees. I would advise you to go to a small agency where you will not only receive a personal attention but also a much better deal. Good luck with your future trip.

Natasha R.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I’m very put off by these upfront fees before they will even talk to me

david h.
david h.

I to was asked for $200 upfront payment. I find it UNBELIEVABLE, as advised go somewhere else. That's what I will be doing. HelloWorld don't deserve custom. Let's hope people read these reviews and stay far away from them..

James W.

Why will hello world no longer accept a cash payment for arranging a trip

Disappointed Customer

Firstly, because they don't care about their customers and treat them with disdain once the fare is paid. Secondly, if they could do their job consciously and professionally. Thirdly, if they could avoid coercion by forcing customers to travel on the dates and airlines which are the most convenient to them. Last but not least, if their head-office seriously start to look into the customer complaint and stop passing the ball to their franchisees when a complaint is lodged. You better stay away from them as there are much better travel agents and fares around.

James W.

Should Helloworld provide an eticket to confirm that the booking was made?
Tried to contact airline but they need an eticket. Redbank Helloworld not assisting with refunds. Only keen to rebook $50k of travel but can't use airline credit as it was an international ticket. Surely there are funds to be refunded?

James W.

My Mum booked a trip to Europe in 2020 with Helloworld Redbank/Booval.
Spent $50,000 as it was for her Mum (first time overseas) and sister as a special occasion and has been told that she won't get a refund. Flights with Qantas and Finnair. They also had travel insurance through the same Franchisee.
Helloworld claim that the flights can't be reused as they were a special fare. Surely under the circumstances of a world with Covid these could be refunded?
The river cruise allegedly can't be refunded either? I find this astonishing and unbelievable. Someone is profiteering from this and unfortunately to pensioners, this is life savings, and a dream once in a lifetime trip which is now a disappointing battle with Helloworld Booval.
ACCC and Helloworld Head Office have been contacted for support.
If nothing comes of this then they have to pay more money to a solicitor to try and recover the costs or at least part of it.

Rebecca
Rebecca

Can you claim via insurance?

James W.

Unfortunately not. Apparently. The Travel Agent at Helloworld who sold the insurance product said it's not claimable as they didn't leave the country. I find the whole thing extremely difficult to observe. My Mum is in her late 60s and her Mum is in her late 80s so I'm trying to help as they feel helpless.

Dusty
Dusty

No, stated will only pay unused portion which roughly amounted to approx 1/5 paid, then agreed to leave full coverage available for re booking but now can’t use or claim anything as they can no longer go overseas and the insurance was international only.

Hamish
Hamish

from my experiences with Hello-world agents. if you didn’t receive an E ticket confirmation for the flights most likely the agent never gave the airline a cent for the ticket.
My guess the agent held tickets with the airline used the travellers money to pay their own bills, with a plan to pay for airline tickets at the last minute with other peoples money. Due to covid this model broke and everything was lost. The Travel industry needs better regulation to protect the consumers too much money has gone missing over this period.

James W.

Oh ok. Not sure to be honest. The booking numbers provided weren't recognised on Qantas or Finnair Websites.
Interesting times indeed and yes better regulations are required.
Thanks for your message.

StevenToni S.

Is there anyone out there????
Helloworld Mandurah has our Qantas and United Airline flight credits as a result of Covid.
There is a vacant office with a sign on the door with contact details. The phone number is switched off, and the email is non responsive. We have tried contacting them via Home office, but only messages are taken and again, with no response.
Last September we were able to redeem some Qantas Credits, but since then we have had NO RESPONSE whatsoever to our request for a statement showing the balance of our credits and also how we can redeem them, since we cant contact anyone. We have tried EVERY avenue to get a response, but in all cases, no reply or response from anyone. The airlines just refer us back to the nonexistent travel agent, Helloworld.
How do we get our credits so we can use them before they expire?

Tibor N.
Tibor N.

Hi all.
Anyone can give me advice how can I get my refund from Helloworld.
More than a year ago we had a cancellation due for Covid.
Still waiting airline tickets and car hire refund,
approximately $6500.00.
Try to talk to them can't get answers.
I was generous with Helloworld payed for everything a head 28.09.2019.
$10 000.00 which I never do it again.
Please email me if you think you can help me.
[Email address Removed]
Thank you.

lyndalls1
lyndalls1

I didn’t receive a refund but a credit. Had major issue trying to rebook with the credit. Posted negative review on this site and Emailed them everyday until I received a response. Took about 2 weeks.

NICKY ALLEN
NICKY ALLEN

On your booking terms and conditions you state you are "liable for booking and advisory services" and that "you should obtain and read all of the third party travel providers terms and conditions". As the third party in my booking was Seven Oceans Cruising and their website is only available to log into by a Travel Agency their is nowhere to obtain their Terms and Conditions. Where do you suggest I get them from?

suzy
suzy

Had a holiday, flights, rail journey, some accommodation ,tours and car hire booked but because of covid it was cancelled. We now find ourselves in the situation we cant travel through poor health but are having trouble getting a refund have been offered vouchers but after getting medical certificate have been given a partial refund for which we are grateful but they are still holding money for future travel

Kathy C

We are waiting for our bookings to be refunded by Helloworld. Qantas premium economy flights and accomodation in the USA . I cannot understand why this is taking so long. I have contacted Qantas and they say it is an issue between the Agent and us. We appreciate the agent will keep a 10% cancellation fee even though we technically didn’t cancel as the government shut down all international travel. We were supposed to fly at the end of April ...still waiting with very little communication from agent. Will never use a Travel agent again.
Where is the refund?

JRD

Kathy C we were told approx 3mths been 5mths now.

Kathy C

Probably find a vaccine for COVID before we get any refunds from Helloworld!

Janice B.
Janice B.

We have received our refund recently from our travel agent which is part of Helloworld. We were shocked to find that they had taken 11% in their charges from the refund. We were told by our agent that we could claim these losses on our insurance...NOT TRUE....I have checked with our insurer & they state that the claim will not be paid due to the pandemic clause. We did not cancel either as our flight was cancelled by Virgin & cruise cancelled by NCL in late March. WE are retirees & have been using this travel agency for over 10 years but I will think twice before we use them again. We cannot afford to lose so much money through no fault of our own.

Kathy C

Exactly ..... we have just had our accomodation refunded minus 10% for cancellation fees. The agency we have used said they will keep the cancellation fees and we can use that for future travel. No sign of airfare refunds.... they blame qantas and Qantas blames Helloworld .

Mark D.
Mark D.

Helloworld didn't provide any schedule of amendment / cancellation fees at the time of making my booking or at any time afterwards. The Helloworld owner seems to randomly apply fees as it suits. There is a definite "rort" going on where the airlines give the travel agent or their wholesaler a special price for your flights but neither the travel agent or the airline will reveal what that price is. The travel agent / wholesaler add their take to the price the airline gave to them which is then the price you pay for your tickets. When you cancel your flights the airline refunds to the wholesaler the amount it received for the ticket originally. Then either the wholesaler and / or the travel agent take the amount they received as a cancellation fee. Helloworld tried to tell me the airline took the cancellation fees but refused to prove it did. It would be simple to do i.e. the original price you paid for your ticket less the amount refunded by the airline would leave an amount taken by either Helloworld or their wholesaler or both. It amounts to fraud if Helloworld can't be honest and transparent with their customers. I'm sure this dishonesty in the travel industry will be coming to an and as there won't be an industry in the very near future! PS If you haven't already found out your future credits are locked into the agent you used and I'm sure they will not exist in a year or two.

Heather
Heather

We have been told to get a refund for our European trip that it will be approx $500 per person, over a weeks wage. Seriously Hello world highway robbery!!!!

Kristy R.
Kristy R.

We are entitled to refunds for our Emirates flights from Brisbane to London that were booked for July. Why wouldn't we be able to receive a refund for the $200 for seat reservation?
Also our HelloWorld is charging us $220 for them to arrange the refunds etc. I thought Flight Centre wasn't able to do this as per the ACCC so why can HelloWorld do this?

Thanks,

Lou S.
Lou S.

Doing the same to us. Also charging commission that they would have made on flights and car hire.

Alma Z.
Alma Z.

I paid $5600 for flights to Malta. I am getting a refund of $4770 from Emirates but Helloworld are keeping the other $830 for their commission and fees!!!!! They offered to hold this $830 as a store credit to use on anything in the next 2 years. I could have had the whole amount as a credit but who knows when will can fly again. Not happy but cant be bothered fighting them. At least I am not technically losing money. Will never use a travel agent again. Directly through the airline in future.

JC33
JC33

I got a full refund through Flight Centre which took just less than 4 weeks but that was only after huge public pressure was applied. Direct is the only way I would book in the future. I have had a couple of past experiences with Helloworld both good and bad so why would I risk it?

JRD

Alma Z. Helloworld holding $200p.p for us in credit but we have to use it on same value or more as first booking

taky
taky

HelloWorld in Armidale kept money also way before Covid happened. Harvey-world who booked the cruise refunded the money in full to them but HelloWorld kept $100 out of the refund. I would never use them again and have been telling others so the $100 they basically stole from me has been lost by people not booking with them. GREED has its KARMA in the end.

Janet M.
Janet M.

I had flights cancelled by Finn Air and Qantas for flying May 16th due to Covid 19. I don't seem to be able to get a clear answer as to when we will receive the refund from Hello World. Flights were cancelled in March by the airline. Can anyone tell me?

Bruce P.
Bruce P.

The QANTAS flights that I booked and paid for have been cancelled, so I want a refund. I have tried to call Helloworld's Online Team on 1300722501 but they do not answer the call. After listening to ringtone for 3 hours, they kill the call without answering. I did that twice today. Six hours of listening to ring tone for nothing!!! How can I talk to someone at Helloworld?

Hello
How long does it take for hello world to refund monies for cancelled flights due to the covid 19 outbreak
Are the monies directly deposited to the client or are the returned to hello world to then be distributed.
All flights were through qantas - one airline
Thanks Mitch

Jem
Jem

Usually 8 weeks but because of the high demand I won’t be getting my refunds for 12 weeks.

Unbelievable

Ron
Ron

Key point: If airline cancelled flight, you are entitled to a full refund, less admin costs from Helloworld, paid $1270 for a flight to go Adelaide to Dublin flying Qatar. Qatar cancelled 27/03/2020 for flight 07/04/2020. I am not satisfied that I was told I should receive refund by 05/05/2020. I am not satisfied with that answer, hence I have arranged a chargeback with my credit card, for the full amount. I am not interested in forward credits. Who knows, what the case be the future. A refund means I am still in control.The admin costs Helloworld is about $130.00

JRD

Jem.. Have you received your refund yet?
We been waiting 5mths

Michelle K.

How long are refunds taking ?
All flights were with qantas airlines which have been suspended.
Do refunds go directly to the client or are they “ held” by hello world for distribution

JRD

Michelle K they goto helloworld then to you apparently.

StevenToni S.

Will helloworld charge me an additional fee for arranging my holiday on top of the holiday costs? and, Will it be shown on my Statement of Accounts

StevenToni S.

does helloworld charge a fee for arranging my holiday or is it incorporated in the cost. Will it show up in my Statement of Account

Amber
Amber

Can i cancel my full payed f o r holiday..2,200 and be refunded??

David Newton
David Newton

You would need to speak to hello world about that

Get an answer from our members and helloworld representatives