Hema HX-1 Navigator

Tony Oasked

I am getting an error Unfortunately, iGo has stopped. Any help appreciated. Bob

Reebee
Reebeeasked

Im trying to update my HX-1 but when I go to check for updates now it tells me I have a network error. I've checked the wifi it was fine, reset just in case but still can't get the updates. It also said that we had registered to our email and to reset to another hema cloud ????

Chris
Chrisasked

The media operator does not work on my HX-1. I can not find any solution to this fault?

HemaHema Navigator

Hi Chris, The Hx-1 Navigator is a dedicated GPS unit and as such was not designed to play media files other than the video recorded with the onboard camera. If you would like more information, please email us at: hemasupport@hemamaps.com.au

Marie
Marie asked

Does anyone else have problems with the navigation when using the Camps 10 Locations and the Camps Public Dump Points. I find my HX-1 to be hopeless, we have gotten lost so many times trying to follow the directions as given when we use this function. Our HX-1 sends us in circles, back tracking where we had just come from and no where near our destination. I contacted Hema and they told me to reset the GPS, which I did but it hasn't made any difference. I find if I enter the address the HX-1 gets us to where we want to be but when using the Camps function we end up chasing our tail. I am finding it quicker and easier to use our in car navigation instead. So far I have been very disappointed with the HX-1

Benjamin K.
Benjamin K.asked

My HX1 screen wasn’t working properly as one row of the keyboard wasn’t working, when I took it back to be replaced it started working fine again.
I haven’t used it in 3 months and when I turned it on today it is doing the same thing again, does anyone have a resolution for this other then factory reset.

HemaHema Navigator

Hi Benjamin, Please contact our tecnical support team on (07) 3340-0000 Option 1, Our Team will be happy to assist

KWR
KWRasked

I have a HX-1 unit and cant get passed the screen saver, each time i turn the unit on it will start up normally then after a few seconds goes to screen saver and i cannot get passed this unless i turn the unit off and the process starts again.
Has anyone had this issue and if so how did they fix it.

HemaHema Navigator

HI KWR, Please contact us on 07 3340-0000 - We would be happy to help you with this.

Chris
Chrisasked

After about 5 mins the screen goes blank or says 'can't connect to the internet'. How do I correct this?

Martin

Hi Chis, I had a similar thing happen, the screen didn't go blank but it wouldn't connect. I had to reset my password on my web account and the GPS. Havnt had the same issue since, the only time I have an issue with a blank screen is when I'm in off road mode and not in a service area, the map isnt stable.

HemaHema Navigator

HI Chris, Please contact our Technical Support Team on (07) 3340-0000 Option 1 between 9am and 3pm Monday-Friday - if you need any help

Ken G.
Ken G.asked

how do you get the cursor to point up the way you are travelling on my hx1

HemaHema Navigator

Hi Ken, On the top right there is a target icon.

If it's coloured:
Grey - it means it's unlocked so you can swipe around to look at the map
Orange (By tapping on it once) - Will lock the cursor in place of where the CS is located and the cursor will move around to where they are travelling
Orange with triangle (By tapping on it twice) Will lock the cursor to point forward and the map will rotate instead.

Hope this helps,

Anthony J.asked

Can you turn off portrait or landscape view.?

Martin

Hi Anthony, I'm not sure if you can the unit to me is an IPAD with programs and maps loaded into it so I'm sure you can. Can I suggest if you cant find the option just email tech support, I can say that section of the company are knowledgeable and will respond to your email in a timely manner.

Anthony J.

Thank you Martin, will do.

Sjanie
Sjanieasked

Y do the way points disappear even when I press save ??

Track B.
Track B.asked

I have recently upgraded for a Hema HN6 to the Hema X1 and struggling with many of the functions. I use the Hema to do tracks for a charity fun car rally and can't find the "Trip Meter" function as per the NH6 on the X1. Is there anyone in the Sydney area that I could speak with to get an overview of how best to substitute this function as the "Main Map" "Trip" function on the X1 does not seem to give us this flexibility? If anyone can assist, please let me know . Looking forward to hearing from some, Terry Stewart, Track Boss, The Great Escape Oz for Cure4CF

Troy F.
Troy F.asked

Hi All

My HX-1 won't connect to wifi so i can't check for updates.... Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

pontiac5251

I know it is an obvious question but have you turned wifi on in settings and entered security code?

Phillip S.
Phillip S.asked

Hi can anyone help me with a battery swelling problem I’ve had my hx1 for years and I got it out of the draw today and the battery swelled up and split the the unit in half

tommo
tommo

I had the same problem with 2 of them never again will I recommend this unit

Kel

Similar problem, tried talking to the company, they wanted me to return it with original receipt which I no longer have. Still in negotiations but have also heard that they may replace it with a refurbished unit which has probably had similar fate. Believe this is an inherent problem with the unit as have seem many similar complaints, unfortunately not before I purchased the unit, Would and could not recommend

Lee
Lee

Hello all my HX1 the battery swelled up as well but still works can I replace battery or just put it in the rubbish I tried to ask hema they want receipt but no longer have as it’s about 3 years old will never buy a hema again

pwhender1
pwhender1asked

Hello, I have a Hema HX-1 that will not switch on period. The car charger is showing it has power but the screen is blank. Any help would be good.

Regards, Paul

pontiac5251

Probably the battery is dead. How old is the unit?

Frank S.asked

Does anyone know what the turn around time is when Hema recieves a returned HX-1 for a battery replacement after a swollen battery issue?

Kel

No but I have the same issue so it must be an endemic problem which should have been rectified by now

Frank S.

Kel, you would think so. Hema received my unit over six weeks ago and still not a word from them, not a word. I think Hema send them back to China, their place of manufacture for repairs. You could get a engine rebuilt in less time than it takes them to replace a battery. Not happy!

pontiac5251

Last time I had mine repaired re battery and or charging port, it took about 8 weeks. But that was over Xmas etc

Tom Masked

I have read about the charging problem. My HX-1 had it but only on rough outback roads. It seems to be intermittent. Last year on a trip to the Kimberley it was hopeless as soon as we went off road. When I got back it was fine around town. Just came back from a trip to Queensland (no dirt but some of the tar was a bit ratty!) and it has been refusing to charge again. I actually think this is a connection fault. Does anyone out there have fix as it is too old now to return under warranty.

pontiac5251

Hello Tom. I believe that Hema realise there are problems with the charging port. Mine has been back twice and the charging port has been replaced both times. Mine was purchased in 2016 and they still did it under warranty with no cost. (2019) I would go on the Hema website, get a ticket and see what they will do. The service was a bit slow this time (xmas break) but they are great with repairs otherwise.

Thanks muchly - I will!

DavidK
DavidK

Yes I have the same problem. Just under 3 years old. Now wont make any connection thru the USB port. The socket is slightly loose. I suspect the connections have fatigued. Thanks for your answer.
David

Car205
Car205asked

Unable to put in new route

Douglas S.
Douglas S.asked

How do I delete a address

sarg.07asked

Does the hx-1 have a socket for a reversing camera

No it does not

GoldAu
GoldAu

There is no input port for any external camera

Jman
Jmanasked

Noob question from a paper map user.
What happens when drive mode 3yr updates expire? Can the unit still be used or do you need to pay for something more?

HemaUser

It's 3 years of free updates. You can still get a Drive Mode update, but they charge at iGO cost.

Get an answer from our members and Hema Navigator representatives