Hema HX-1 Navigator

Alan H.

My HX-1 will not charge.
Bought a new lead.

Hema Navigator   DM

Hi Alan, If the problem is not resolved with the new lead, please contact the Tech Support Team for further assistance - 07 3340 0000

Andy S.
Andy S.

I have just found my HX-1 with the battery swollen up so much that it has popped the back off and pushed the screen out. What may have caused this and what do I do now? Regularly used - starts up when I start the car.

Peter P.
Peter P.

How do I connect my Hema HX1 to Mt blue tooth headset? The unit can see my headset (I think). But the unit is telling me I need a code to make the connection. I have borrowed the unit from my son.
Peter Perry

Paul

I reside on the sunshine coast QLD performed an "update" to my HX-1 in 2020 and I cannot navagate anywhere with it, I have made many attempts to update and it still does not work so I have been using my old HN7 gps and have not been away due to lock down and weather but now need to get the HHX-1 running so I can navigate easier. Is there a Hema dealer I can send the unit to have it updated/repaired somewhere local or post it to in QLD?

Hema Navigator   DM

Hi Paul, Thanks for your question, if you want to send that unit into Hema we can definitely update your unit and assess/repair your HX-1 where necessary, if you want to give us a call (07 3340 0000, option1) or submit a ticket (https://kb.hemamaps.com/kb-tickets/new) we can look at getting that unit back to us and getting you ready to travel again.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards.

Malcolm
Malcolm

If you want your hx1 fixed for the price of new hx2 then by all means use HEMA but the after sales support from HEMA is a joke...I won't be buying another unit ever again

Hema Navigator   DM

HX-1 full service carried out by our qualified Hema Technicians is $199.00 The cost of a new HX-2 is $799 RRP.

Paul

I threw it in the bin and thus saved $199 or $799 so either way I am now ahead of my initial cost - Hema are the Telstra of GPS units.

Glen
Glen

Last week, my HEMA HX-1 fired up, but the little RED button (top right corner) did not appear.
I need it to give me choices of view.
How can I fix?

ADz
ADz

Have not used HX1 for 2 years. Have tried to charge for last 24hrs using correct in wall charger volts and amps. Light comes on etc and display indicates unit charging, but only charges to 44%. Is the battery shot?

Hema Navigator   DM

Hi ADz, Please contact Hema Technical support on 07 3340 0000 option 1 or info@hemamaps.com.au for assistance

colin
colin

Cant get my Hx-1 to connect to either of my computers via blue tooth, cant get updates.
This and my passed units have pushed me to the brink, far too technical, far too confusing, far too frustrating and put up with Hema far too long.
I think its time for a change
CS

Hema Navigator   DM

Hi Colin, Sorry to hear you are having connectivity issues. Please give our Hema Technical Support Team a call om 07 3340 0000 Option 1 and we can walk you through it.

Peter B.
Peter B.

Hi..I haven't used my Hema HX1 for about 2 years and now it won't fire up even when connected to power...Would the battery be cactus or does it need to be plugged in and charged before it will work...
Cheers...Peter

Ian

Connect your Hema to power and wiggle the lead where it plugs into the unit, looking to see if the red LED comes on. If it does, try turning the unit on. Hopefully it will come alive. Best to let it fully charge before you use it. Any of these things, even my Go Pro, I've found, need to be charged if not in constant use. Good luck.

Waldemar M.
Waldemar M.

when I connect Hema HX-1 to USB the navigation button disappears. How to make it visible?

Shoey
Shoey

What does code 101 mean

Ask Hema directly.

Daniel A.
Daniel A.

Hey how do I go about replacing a cracked screen on a hema hx1cheers

Hema Navigator   DM

Contact Hema on 07 3340 0000 option 1 or email us at info@hemamaps.com.au and our Tech support team will assist you further.

Ian S.

Has anyone one had issues with in car charging and always searching for signal with the Hx1. Cheers.

Ian

I haven't had a problem with the HX 1 searching for a signal for a long time. When I first bought it in 2017 I did, sometimes as long as 30 minutes but a subsequent software update fixed that. Now & again it can take anything up to a couple of kilometres driving before it finds a signal, but 99% of the time it finds it very quickly after powering it on. I put the longer periods it takes to find the signal down to atmospheric conditions, & suspect that any GPS might behave much the same in the circumstances. Occasionally in use it can lose the signal briefly, but generally finds it again within seconds. If your H1 is not on the windscreen that can make picking up a signal more difficult.

In car charging has been problematic, due to a loose fit of the cable into the mini USB port. Same on two HX1's, in spite of taking great care to keep the cable tension free and using the original 'straight plug' cable & a later angled plug cable - both from Hema. I have had to use a piece of masking tape to hold the cable in place, Without it the power icon shows it to be connected to power, but it's charge level drops. With the tape it charges ok. In my view using a USB C connection on the new HX 2 is a definite (& needed) improvement over the mini USB of the HX 1.

Ian S.

With the signal loss it can drop out 5 times between Brisbane and Toowoomba same in the NT and Wa. It takes a while to sort it self out. First start up it can search for 4or 5 Min.Charging issues just started tried wriggling the cable but no go.Cheers.

Tamika
Tamika

We are having the same problem with in car charging. Hema have you got a solution, tape is not good enough for a $650 unit.

Tony O
Tony O

I am getting an error Unfortunately, iGo has stopped. Any help appreciated. Bob

Hema Navigator   DM

Hi Bob, Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your iGo, if you would like to give us a call, there are some steps we can try and troubleshoot over the phone with you.
You can call us between 9AM-3PM AEST on 07 3340 0000, and press option 1. Or you can make a ticket and we will respond with those steps in E-mail format. external link

Kind regards.

Reebee
Reebee

Im trying to update my HX-1 but when I go to check for updates now it tells me I have a network error. I've checked the wifi it was fine, reset just in case but still can't get the updates. It also said that we had registered to our email and to reset to another hema cloud ????

Ben
Ben

I am having the same issue - Hema please respond

Chris

The media operator does not work on my HX-1. I can not find any solution to this fault?

Hema Navigator   DM

Hi Chris, The Hx-1 Navigator is a dedicated GPS unit and as such was not designed to play media files other than the video recorded with the onboard camera. If you would like more information, please email us at: hemasupport@hemamaps.com.au

Marie
Marie

Does anyone else have problems with the navigation when using the Camps 10 Locations and the Camps Public Dump Points. I find my HX-1 to be hopeless, we have gotten lost so many times trying to follow the directions as given when we use this function. Our HX-1 sends us in circles, back tracking where we had just come from and no where near our destination. I contacted Hema and they told me to reset the GPS, which I did but it hasn't made any difference. I find if I enter the address the HX-1 gets us to where we want to be but when using the Camps function we end up chasing our tail. I am finding it quicker and easier to use our in car navigation instead. So far I have been very disappointed with the HX-1

Benjamin K.
Benjamin K.

My HX1 screen wasn’t working properly as one row of the keyboard wasn’t working, when I took it back to be replaced it started working fine again.
I haven’t used it in 3 months and when I turned it on today it is doing the same thing again, does anyone have a resolution for this other then factory reset.

Hema Navigator   DM

Hi Benjamin, Please contact our tecnical support team on (07) 3340-0000 Option 1, Our Team will be happy to assist

KWR
KWR

I have a HX-1 unit and cant get passed the screen saver, each time i turn the unit on it will start up normally then after a few seconds goes to screen saver and i cannot get passed this unless i turn the unit off and the process starts again.
Has anyone had this issue and if so how did they fix it.

Hema Navigator   DM

HI KWR, Please contact us on 07 3340-0000 - We would be happy to help you with this.

Chris

After about 5 mins the screen goes blank or says 'can't connect to the internet'. How do I correct this?

Martin
Martin

Hi Chis, I had a similar thing happen, the screen didn't go blank but it wouldn't connect. I had to reset my password on my web account and the GPS. Havnt had the same issue since, the only time I have an issue with a blank screen is when I'm in off road mode and not in a service area, the map isnt stable.

Hema Navigator   DM

HI Chris, Please contact our Technical Support Team on (07) 3340-0000 Option 1 between 9am and 3pm Monday-Friday - if you need any help

Get an answer from our members and Hema Navigator representatives