Hema HX-1 Navigator

Hema HX-1 Navigator

See the Best GPS Navigation Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hema Navigator

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy
Jason
JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

OMG the worst product I have ever purchased

Battery dies fast, forever searching for GPS never stays up with you. Have to set up your trip every time you stop and restart your vehicle. Biggest waste off money.

Purchased in February 2018.

Hema Navigator
HemaHema Navigator

HI Jason, I noticed you have had your unit for quite some time., Perhaps we could take a look at it for you and get you back up and running? Please contact our Tech support team on (07) 3340-0000 Option 1 for Hardware support.

Tim T
Tim TPerth, WA

A fair tool, but lacking intelligent programming support.

Purchased in November 2017 at BCF.

Track B.
Track B.Sydney, NSW

HX-1. Sorry we purchased this unit

Our HX-1 is less than 18 Months old. The battery will not charge past 26%. Even when plugged into the USB port in the truck, it will not hold its charge. USB port appears faulty. When using in Explorer mode on outback dirt roads and relying on the unit for directions it is actually dangerous as it constantly turns itself off leaving you with no idea where the road goes or which turn to take. It is difficult to use and is quite complicated after our previous Hema 6 which was far more user friendly. It is suited to a very select group of end users. We have resorted to downloading free speedo & trip apps on our iPhones/iPads as these offer continuity and accurate distances and maps.

Purchased in February 2020 for $599.00.

Christopher J.
Christopher J.Far North Queensland, QLD

Hema Problems

Very disappointed. Having the chance I would not have bought it. Blank screen, usb port faulty, will not charge, constantly wanting to shut down while driving poor vis when zoomed in, Maps up to date still won't recognise addresses and places fixed on warranty took 8 weeks to get back while travelling. Doing it all again now having to send it away again. Extremely Unhappy.

Purchased in June 2020 at Autobarn for $540.00.

Peter and Judy Hannah
Peter and Judy HannahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hema - never again!!

After 3 years of hn6 issues, Hema offered me a hn7 for $99. I said no, and purchased a HX1 for $100. It has not been out of the box for 3 years (brand new) - because of major family issues and we couldn't travel. Now - it:
1. Won't charge properly
2. Overheats dramatically
3. Will not hold a charge
4. Will not turn off!

What happens with retailers with old stock? These units have major mechanical, electrical and design issues, and Hema should be held responsible. A users group class action should hold them accountable. Hema brag about their systems being "World class" - and these units are not fit for purpose!!

Purchased in September 2017 at HEMA Maps for $100.00.

My hx 1 is always searching for gps

Always searching for gps signal even on clear day car gps works full phone service but Hx1 sill searching for signal very hard to use has anyone had or having this problem

Purchased in March 2021 for $550.00.

Innis C.
Innis C.Perth, WA

The most useless navigation tool ever

Bought this in 2017. Went to several courses and training sessions. It is useless. Absolutely useless. Don’t waste your money. Thankfully some bought mine off gumtree. The bin it’s next destination, for sure

Purchased in October 2017 for $600.00.

Gill N.
Gill N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A GPS that can't connect to satellites

The HEMA HX-1 might be useful if most of its time wasn't spent searching for GPS signal. Yes, it is fully updated and all GPS satellite resets done. To be honest Google maps, even with no network signal is doing a better job. This is the most expensive waste of money equipment we have, it is not user friendly and a GPS that spends all its time searching for a satellite and so unable to provide directions is only good for the bin.
This device does not perform at all.

Tony
TonySouth West, WA

charging problems

I have owned the HX-1 for 18 months, now when I turn it on it says battery low, thinking that it will recharge as it is connected to the vehicle, after maybe 10 minutes it shuts down because of low battery. I have tried to charge it on my laptop and the same results. Prior to buying the HX-1 I owned a HEMA HN5I which was really good, then the case (plastic) became sticky and was unpleasant to handle. I am now looking for a new navigator it wont be a HEMA

Martin
Martin

We are so smart we are dumb

Purchased in January 2020 at BCF Physical Store for $550.00.

Coodawa
CoodawaMid West, WA

A Step backwards

Had the HN7 which served all my needs as an rangeland ecologist. The HX1 removes useful features and provides a very limited range of operations. No easy import/export of data or maps. No custom maps. No track or waypoint control. Can't see waypoint names??? No auto-darkening. Very poorly thought out product. Gone back to my HN7. Won't be buying any more Hema products after my faithful HN7 dies.

Purchased in June 2020 at Pilbara Toyota, Newman for $636.00.

Vince
VinceSouth West, WA

Paper maps way better

The map detail is terrible and with out wifi the unit is useless, google maps on the wifes tablet had way more detail than my HX1.
I purchased the unit for a recent trip and my disappointment in the unit i can not express enough total rubbish.

Purchased in January 2020 for $580.00.

Veece R.
Veece R.South East Queensland, QLD

Just buy a paper Map, the HX1 can't link two GPS co-ordinates 10km apart on the same road

Planning a route by plotting GPS co-ordinates to within 10km apart on the same road and the HX1 still wants to double back, go the long way around, come to the other GPS point and turn around to continue to the final destination. It will be easier to use the paper Maps to calculate distances. On the plus side it is good at suburban navigation.

Purchased in June 2020 for $400.00.

GoldAu
GoldAuCentral, SA

Very useless unit.

Purchased in September 2019.

tommo
tommoPilbara, WA

don't buy save your money

unit is not good, battery has swollen after 16 months and split casing. Wrote to Hema and was advised to send item back, could take about 6 weeks if it was found to be faulty or I would have to pay cost and to provide original receipt (travelling in caravan) what receipt. Unit wont turn off and changes from day light to night mode even during the day.. I have now bought 2 of these and will never go back.

Purchased in July 2018 for $548.00.