Hema HX-1 Navigator

Hema HX-1 Navigator

See the Best GPS Navigation Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hema Navigator

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy
pontiac5251
pontiac5251South Australia

Well it is broken again!

We purchased the HX1 when it arrived on the market. Worked well for the first couple of years and then the trouble started. Unit would get too hot and stop, this was when mounted in cradle on dash with windows up and air conditioning on. It has been returned 3 times and has stopped working again. Just will not charge. Hema have been great re repairs but enough is enough. Garmin purchased today.

Purchased for $800.00.

PRO’S & CON’S Product operational deficiency’s not initially apparent!

PRO’S
1 Excellent correlation of Hema paper charts with Hema HX1 data base greatly aids planning and big picture view.
2 Excellent, reliable GPS
CON’S
1 Inability to delete tracks or routes on the go. Can only be deleted when you are synced to your account. This makes using it remotely in the field annoying if trying to delete un-required noise. A major oversight.
2 Inability to adjust font size makes reading names on the go difficult and especially for anyone without perfect eyesight.
Overall this is a very useful tool supported by excellent reliable mapping but there is massive scope for improvement of the operator interface. It’s very disappointing in that regard.

Purchased in January 2018.

Brian P
Brian PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Camera fail

I had the camera fail after about twenty months. I open a ticket in the tech support section on the website and received timely replies to my queries, when we were unable to resolve the issue the technician requested that I return the device. The camera was replaced, new charger supplied and software update under warranty.
I suspect that the HX1 is like most if not all software and electronic devices (i.e. mobile phones) where new models are put on the market too soon without detail testing to beat the opposition into the market place, then identify any issues bugs etc. And fix under warranty.
However, they fixed mine in a timely manner without charge and I was impressed with the service.

Seems OK

Bought the HX 1 after I couldn’t upgrade and get the UK map off my old Garmin
It took a bit to get used to with all the different screens but if you play with an iPad you shouldn’t have to much trouble
We have just returned from touring SA VIc and Tassie with no issues with the Hema until we got back to WA and pointed it towards home on the shortest route and it did try to take us on a scenic 300km further route
The Hema updated through the wifi on my phone when I told it to with no dramas
It does lose satilitte contact now again but regained them pretty quickly
Overall quite happy with it

GPS Navigation Systems

Find out how Hema HX-1 Navigator compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

A_Nother_Consumer
A_Nother_ConsumerPerth, WA

Seems ok

Twenty
TwentyToogoolawah

Definitely not happy Jan.

Parcu

I am getting an error Unfortunately, iGo has stopped. Any help appreciated. Bob

Hema Navigator
HemaHema Navigator

Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your iGo, if you would like to give us a call, there are some steps we can try and troubleshoot over the phone with you.
You can call us between 9AM-3PM AEST on 07 3340 0000, and press option 1. Or you can make a ticket and we will respond with those steps in E-mail format. https://kb.hemamaps.com/kb-tickets/new

Kind regards.

Reebee
Reebeeasked

Im trying to update my HX-1 but when I go to check for updates now it tells me I have a network error. I've checked the wifi it was fine, reset just in case but still can't get the updates. It also said that we had registered to our email and to reset to another hema cloud ????

Chris
Chrisasked

The media operator does not work on my HX-1. I can not find any solution to this fault?

Hema Navigator
HemaHema Navigator

Hi Chris, The Hx-1 Navigator is a dedicated GPS unit and as such was not designed to play media files other than the video recorded with the onboard camera. If you would like more information, please email us at: hemasupport@hemamaps.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Hema Navigator representatives