Henley Questions & Answers

142 questions from our users

New Man

New Manasked

Hi,

I am after your SAHARA 34 home and do not want to disclose location. I visited your Berwick Water display and I had been referred to sales consultant who alway rushing without giving details and suggestions.I have got preliminary quotation also. However, can I change the Sales Consultant now.

Hello,
Please email customercare@henley.com.au and we will pass your email on to the Sales Manager.

Tracey

Traceyasked

Do build in Bendigo?

Febin P
Febin P

No. In Berwick. South east Melbourne. Thank you .

Hi Tracey,
Please send an email to customercare@henley.com.au and provide the address you wish to build in, and we will check if this is an area we build in. Currently we do not have any projects in Bendigo, however Berwick is not the only suburb we build in as per the above comment, we build all over Melbourne inner and outer suburbs.

Vipul Behl

Vipul Behlasked

Hi Guys,

Can anyone let me know if the timber laminate ‘Nordic Brown’ by Surfaces by Hynes is available in any of the display homes ?

Hello Vipul,
Unfortunately we have not used any of the Nordic range on display.

Shiela

Shielaasked

Hi, we went to your World of Henley display homes in Point Cook and really liked the treasure chest coffee table on one of the homes (unfortunately forgot which design).

Where can I get that same coffee table?

Hi Shiela,
Unfortunately we hire all of our furniture from an independent company so we are not provided with brands and purchase information on these items.

jess_2013asked

Energy rating certificates to be submitted prior to the occupancy permit. It was from my building permit saying. . Shall I ask for a Energy rating report before site construction which will let me what kind of material use and design meet the requirements to reach min 6 star?

Hi Jess_2013,
This is a question that can be answered by your Administrator. All Henley homes are designed to meet energy requirements, and energy assessments are performed on each build.
Please send through these types of queries to your administrator so that they can better assist you.

jb34asked

Hi Henley Customer care,
Reading thru some issues in the Review.com and customers bad experience I am a lot more concerned than before visiting this site, to continue my build process with Henley. I am into my initial steps into building with Henley and already having a bad experiences. I submit a non standard variation and it gets rejected. My friend ask for the same variation on the same house plan with a different Sales consultant and get approved. I then speak to my consultant and show them the approved variation, then my request gets approved. This is just one of the many problems faced so far in this short time with Henley. There will not be proper explanation from anyone about the questions raised. I will not completely blame the sales consultant, but the head office staff that works on the customer requests. If I am made run around even before the tender stage, what should I expect if I continue with HENLEY. As mentioned this is one of the many issues I came across in this stage.

Aman
Aman

I am a henley customer, building my first home with Henley. Their plans are good and inclusive's are really impressive. All under reasonable price but the customer service is just worst. Many time, they irritate customers, as I have experience to dealing with them. Each customer wants, a smooth and easy process without much frustration, but you will get bad surprises time over time. Some time these surprises will give you thousands of dollars lose. But, no one care and they don't give fixed cost guaranty. This will increase your headache and frastrucrion. Finally, after these frastrucrion, you will decide to give them one star. That's why they have a number of one and two stars. Henley needs to work on it.... Regarding building quality, I will update this review after 1 year as they still to start construction.

Hi Jb34,
You are welcome to email customercare@henley.com.au should you wish to voice any concerns.

Hi Henley,
I have emailed my contact details on the email address to further discuss.
Regards..

jess_2013asked

After final contract sighed , Henley would like to “confirm “discrepancy in items related contract price. I was informed after tender appointment , any item has be locked otherwise we have to pay $150 each if applicable . What I am curious about is after more than one month after Building Contract , Henley will send me the variation for me to sigh . Can I stick to the final contract set of document as the same ? , I am confused? What does contract mean for Henley . Any friends here could answer my question thanks in advance.

Nish
Nish

What variation they sent you ? For something you have changed after Tender appt?

jess_2013

Thanks Nish ! I asked privacy lock for my toilet in tender appointment , obviously they have not charged us in the final contract by “human “mistake “what is contract, from my understanding both party must obey . Am I right? Should I ask for their apologies !!

Hi Jess_2013,
These are questions that your administrator can answer, as they know the process.
Variations to the contract are common, there are very minimal jobs that do not have Post Contract Variations.
If something has not been placed into your tender, it will not be installed on site.
Please contact your administrator for a better explanation of our processes.

Dion G.asked

Hi Henley Customer care,
Would you please email me a pdf copy of the brochure for Henley Collections valid on the 14/09/2017?
I have requested for this from my Henley Admin and am as usual given the run around.
Thanks, Dionne

Hi Dionne,
I am aware of your request, and as per your administrators email to you Yesterday 30/05 at 2.56pm, she is working on this - there is no apparent run around in relation to this request.
Kind regards.

Dion G.

I disagree- Please check facts below:
My request for the brochure was last week Friday the 24/05/2019. Her response was that she would respond 'early next week'. No response.
When I emailed a reminder on Wed 29/05/19 I was told 'she was not at work all day' and indicated that she would respond on the day'. No response
I again emailed a reminder on Thu 30/05/2019 and then got a response but brochure was not attached and was told to expect a general 48hr turnaround.

My original email is dated 24/05/2019 and today is the 31/05/2019- My request is not complete.

Hi Dionne,
We are looking into the request, as per emails from your administrator.
You have had responses within the agreed time as per company policy, your emails have not remained unanswered.
Kind regards.

Onyin S.asked

We are about to sign contract with Henley, but I wonder if anyone else has this problem with their built.
Henley has removed the top drawer beneath the stove to just a fixed panel with no credits back to us, also I request a tower with the coffee machine space which also has a drawer beneath the space and they are also replacing that with a fix panel.
Does that sound reasonable to anyone? Or has anyone else has this same issue?

Ana L.

We had issues with ur kitchen design. The final design came different than what we requested during the colour selection. We contacted Henley and discussed what we wanted and all was reverted to our original requirements. It took some time and showed a bit of lack of communication between the internal departments but in the end we got what we wanted. Do not accept changes that you do not want. It may be an error of the drafting department . In our case they remived tge wall between the pantry and kitchen and changed layout. We did not want, they listened and we have what we asked for at the start.

Onyin S.

Thanks for your advise, will definitely look closely when we receive our final drawings.

Ana L.

Onyin S., take your time and go through every line. We thought we had been super careful and even though we missed out a number wrong in the code of our powder room tiles and our kitchen, although the major issues have been fixed, has been flipped and in the middle of so many details we did not noticed :) It is ok but not what we first asked but we signed for it during the tender and contract without noticing it. My second advice is to be on top of your building every time you can and take loads and loads of pictures of every detail... they can be very useful in the future when placing curtains, wanting to make changes etc. Also, inspect the house at all times and do not issue payment for a Stage unless you are happy that it has been completed. If you feel you are getting nowhere with the people you deal with, go to Henley and escalate the issues. Remember it is your home and tiy are paying good money for it!

dheeraj g.asked

Hi Guys, I am Planning to Build Cullen 41, Not sure if anyone has built that house, also I am bit concerned after reading so many negative reviews, please if anyone can share their experiences

Hello dheeraj g,
Firstly we are excited that you are considering Henley to build your home.
We have only recently started encouraging clients to leave reviews, and you will be able to see that the number of positive reviews outweigh the negative.
We have built over 30,000 homes in the 30 years we have been in operation, and we would love nothing more than to add yours to that impressive number!

Chilli
Chilli

I would stay away from Henley! Dont be another statistic Dheeraj ,Henley thinks we are all just numbers. We have had nothing but issues from them . I am awaiting my settlement to happen before I put my reviews on and mine will be pages long once I put in all the details. Some execs from Henley do not even trust their own company to build their house and went with another builder. That must prove something right?.

dheeraj g.

Thx Chilli for sharing your experience

Ashasked

Hi,

I recently bought a land and planning to build via Henley homes. I put down my deposit and received soil test results ( Says H1 type soil ) . The quote I signed had zero site cost promotion but when I consulted many other builders, I was told that Henley will definitely charge me in a later stage for site cost even though it says zero site cost.
I just want to understand experience with Henley in regards to site cost to know how transparent they are.. I am deeply worried if they come back to me with extra figures after I sign the contract and I will be forceful to do it.

Please advise?

Sumit A.
Sumit A.

Hi Ash, we had to pay nearly 15k for site costs. We fixed our site costs so there were no surprises in the end. I'm not sure how it works with the zero site costs offer. It's probably best to get everything in writing before signing any contract.

Ash

Hi Sumit, Thanks for the reply. I will get in touch with Henley for the same. Did they confirm the site cost before you signed the contract? Was there any post contract variation for Site cost?

Thanks,

Hi Ash,
Best to speak to the Sales Consultants for the area you are looking to build.

Don R.

Don R.asked

Hi Guys,
I recently visited Henley Display home in Rockbank and i really like the plan and the inclusions.
I was very much satisfied with what I saw in Rockbank (Monaco 29), but after i read through the reviews here I'm a bit hesitant on whether to choose Henley or not.

Why are there so many unhappy customers (97 one star, 32 two star reviews).

Compared to Carlisle and Metricon, the negative feedback is too many here.
Please help me make a choice.

Hello Don R,
Firstly we are excited that you are considering Henley to build your home, and we would love to put you in touch with a sales consultant - we have private messaged you to obtain your details.
We have only recently started encouraging clients to leave reviews, and you will be able to see that the number of positive reviews outweigh the negative (5 Star - 160 & 4 Star - 132)

Dani D

Dani Dasked

Floor design package available?

Customer Care H.Henley

Hello Dani D, Please visit our display / sales centres for packages available.

Wai S

Wai Sasked

Hi there, could someone from let me know if Henley would apply the building permit as part of the process or do we have to apply the permit for the builder please?

Krishna

Henley applied for building permit from council and also developer approval in our case

Ben
Ben

Yes, they do.

Sam
Sam

******* Beware ****** But do not use DJM as a building surveyor ,

1tb

1tbasked

Hi Guys. Has anyone recently built with Henley in sunshine area (inner west) Vic? If so how much were your site costs, they won't even give a preliminary figure or indication although Boutique and Granvue homes have quoted 23k-25k Henley say they are more expensive but can't advise why, we have no rock or fall and only 300mm of fill(vacant block) They also want to charge a 10k build zone surcharge that the others aren't charging and really can't advise why they are charging it when it is 10 minutes from point cook etc and they aren't charged anything. If so was anyone able to have this reduced or removed. Thanks :)

Krishna

We built our house in Werribee and they charged around 25k fixed site costs. They didn’t charge any other surcharge. Hope this answers your question

Manoj Kaparwan

Manoj Kaparwanasked

Hi
My house construction is running for about a year.
On 5th Nov 2018 Henely crossed the delivery date and Henely is paying weekly penalty for the overrun .
But this is not the end. My private building inspector listed a series of unfinished things and I handed over the list to Henely supervisor. The supervisor messaged me one fine day and said all done but when my inspector visited the site it wasn’t done. Now the building supervisor is sending me message saying he is going to go through the list with my inspector.
This is unprofessional and painful at the same time for the house owner who has been dreaming and dreaming about the handover of the house.
I have started cursing the decision of going with Henely.
As handover seems to be far from the reality and these unprofessional behavior ensures that definitely I am not getting handover of my house in near future.
Please let us know the escalation route , I will write to them my detailed painful story.

Hello Manoj,
As you have already escalated this to Customer Care, and I can see that Nia has been very responsive, this is the process that will need to be followed.
I can see that this question is from the 04/12 - and you have been in contact since.

Jimmy

Jimmyasked

Which wood you use for framing? What's the difference between F5 or MGP10 Wood pines and which one is better

Hello Jimmy,
We use Machine Graded F5 structural Pine.
F5 and MGP10 are quite similar in properties, and are both pine. MGP10 refers to machine graded pine with the 10 referring to its modulus of elasticity (or stiffness). The F5 modulus is around 8.2 - they are very similar and meets our homes' structural requirements.
I hope this clarifies your query.

Ferren

Ferrenasked

Hi
Could anyone advise re Cullen 45? We're about to kick-start the process with Henley soon!
We're in SE suburb, our second build but quite concerning regarding the timeline, structural changes and etc.
Any advice is appreciated. Henley sales has so fat been really helpful.
Thanks!
Jason

delfouneso
delfouneso

Hi; Building the Cullen 45 with a Pacific Facade. The build is into it's 10th month and nowhere near completion. I had my second conversation with the site manager a week ago and was told that even without the issues that I've raised regarding tiling, it won't be finished before March next year. I foolishly believed that they were taking their time to do a better job but that simply isn't the case. Sorry to give such a bad review but it was the second house to start construction in my area and there are 4 other Henley houses that completely overtook its progress. When the contracts were signed at the end of October it was confidently stated that, "you'll be building before Christmas." In truth, construction didn't begin until well into March.

Quicksilver2109

Quicksilver2109asked

Do Henley do settlement gifts.? If so what is it? Thanks in advance

Ammight
Ammight

I have no idea regarding that, as for me settlement is still a long way to go(in Feb or March seems like)
Buying a 50k car and when customer is not happy, they even give 1 year insurance ($1500) and accessories ($500) for free on settlement. Is a good idea to build relation.

Seb
Seb

They gave us a picnic set and some light bulbs

Hello Quicksilver2109,

Thank you very much for your question.

Yes we give out settlement gifts!

We review our gift packs regularly, however we are currently offering a T2 pack which includes a tin of Melbourne Breakfast, a tea pot and two cups.

Kimmy

Kimmyasked

Why aren’t trades being paid for work they have completed? When asked for payment trades are blacklisted not good enough. I now know of several businesses black listed by supervisors who think it’s appropriate to send emoji

Hello Kimmy,
A foundation of our business is our relationships with our Trade and Supplier partners, and we have many long lasting relationships. If you are currently, or have previously been in partnership with us we are willing to discuss your concerns, please contact us at customercare@henley.com.au and we will make contact with you.
Henley Team.

Get an answer from our members and Henley representatives