Heritage Bank

Heritage Bank (page 2 of 7)

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dont do it

With bank 5 years. Bank charge a lot of fees and will drain every cent they can out of you. Most certainly put profit above all else. Will smile at you while they have their hand in your pocket. If you have s problem rude and don't want t know about it. Worst bank ever.

Nicole

NicoleBrisbane

Limited services useless for being in major shopping centre

I have been with this bank more than 20 years. I recently tried to deposit some money. I went at 5.45 pm on late night shopping night and found the bank had closed at 4.30pm where it used o be open till 6pm. Then I tried to make the deposit in the ATM only to find this service had also been discontinued. This branch is in a major shopping centre, it beggars belief the poor service they offer customers.

Sady

SadySydney, NSW

They are Ok but they need to step up their game

I applied for a home loan with this lender and they took ages to provide response during each stage(Pre-approval, valuation, unconditional approval). Initially they did wrong calculation (apparently their calculator was not updated) which reduced borrowing capacity by $30k. I was eventually conditionally approved for $395k.

When I shortlisted property, I was only looking for a loan of $350k but they they decided that my property is in high density area so they asked me to fork out extra $16k as a deposit. Luckily I had some additional savings otherwise I would lost my initial deposit and fee paid for building inspection. Overall it took close to 2 month to get this loan approved.

Awful bank with incompetent people

Got my home loan with this “bank” because of a personal recommendation... Worst. Move. Ever.

Got preapproved for a home loan, signed my contract, told the bank and then they they ring up and say ‘oops, we made an error, you need to come up with $10k before noon or you’re going to loose your deposit” -> What???

Now I have been waiting over 4 months to transfer my mortgage out and to another bank... 4 months!!!! Absolutely incompetent, unprofessional and antiquated bank.

Do not even entertain the idea of using heritage.

Load and Go Visa Prepaid Credit Card from Australia Post

Truly disgusting is the only way to describe the fees on the Load and Go Visa Prepaid Credit Card that I bought from Australia Post. it's totally and absolutely outrageous. I will not be using this product ever again!

PJB

PJBBrisbane

Excellent staff and customer service

Very helpful staff, very reliable, can not fault the Victoria point branch. Excellent to the point my whole family now are customers.

Anthony

AnthonyNambour

Absolutely Perplexed

Very slow application process, months in fact to find out they wouldn't do a very basic refinance lend of $300000 for a house worth $700000 with a proven income of $130000? Go figure ? Don't bother wasting your time look elsewhere.

Perfect bank for me

Dont know why most people are complaining. Ive never had a problem with heritage. Their turnover time for bank transfers is quick and reasonable. If theres no heritage atm i can use a westpac atm for free. Have been with them now for close to ten years and they have never let me down.

I ring in and try to sort something its done straight away. I go into the branch for help they're more than willing to assist me! A bonus too considering i have 3 children who get over excited at times and the staff in every branch i've gone into have gone above and beyond to entertain my children so i can do stress free transactions at the counter. Online banking is awesome especially since they've updated their app. Wouldn't bank with anyone else!

Very inconvenient branch locations

Jim Jaeger

Jim JaegerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unrealistic offer for credit card free interest period, don't waste your time.

Quillero

QuilleroSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service and terrible fraud (team) system/policy

Poor customer service, so they decided to block my card while overseas, even though I have advised them of travel dates and countries to be visited. They did not bother in calling or emailing or texting to inform that my credit card has been blocked (because I was overseas) and they did not bother in making an effort, I had to lend money to pay for the restaurant since this was the only card I had on me) Would not recommend at all. Better to go with other cards.

Gamekeeper

GamekeeperDarling Downs, QLD

"People Last"

Inconvenience

The reward for the bank with bad trading hours goes to heritage bank!
Yep if you are like me working 9-5 forget being able to experience the people first bank as they will be shut for you all the time!
Suncorp is open 8:30am till 9pm 7 days a week.
And that helps sometimes.

Julz

JulzCooroy

Credit card nightmare

Lost my credit card. Ordered new one. They send card but never received pin. I assumed I could use my old pin. Went to pay for $200 of groceries with 2 toddlers in tow. Card rejected. Called heritage. Said to change pin online. Downloaded app. Called partner for log on details. Couldn't find where to change pin. Called heritage again. Told me it doesn't work in app, that I had to use desktop which meant 15 min drive home then 15 mins back to shop to it for shopping. At home tried to change in online 5 times. Rang heritage 3 times. Got locked out after several attempts. Website now saying I have to wait 24 hours to try again or visit branch which is 30 mins away.

SophiaS

SophiaS

Appalling customer service if card gets compromised

If your credit card gets compromised, they don’t advise you, make no outgoing calls to follow up with you, no guarantee you will get your money back, no empathy and insolently refuse to give you confidence in security of your card. Have to wait 45-60 days to get YOUR MONEY back.

kwv42QLD, 4216

Now if only Heritage Bank support customers?

Robert

Robert

Help on the phone

My Dad Robert Read banks with Heritage, he apparently had a problem on Tuesday 26th Sept. A person named Jude assisted him for around 2 hours to fix the problem and enable him to access the Heritage site. My dad is 85 and is not as good as he used to be but managed to get it done. He wants to thank Jude for their assistance and patience in helping him to a positive result.

bronty_saurus

bronty_saurusAU

Slow and unorganised

Finally got a pre approval - 2 months later .

Recommended to us from our broker. Basically asked for every single document you can think of, about us. They probably know more about me than I do of myself.

After receiving our initial documents they've cone back and asked us FIVE TIMES for different docs. Everytime it was Oh, now we need this. Oh, by the way I need this now. Seriously incompetent. The last lot of docs was for my payslip again because they'd taken so long to process my documents my original payslip was too old!

Finally got pre approval but I would never recommend to anyone.

Unreasonable criteria

wigram50

wigram50

Terrible

We had a mortgage with them via a broker for 12 months. Noticed our rate was much higher than similar mortgages with other banks. Called customer service to ask for a discount on our rate and the guy wouldn't even consider it - easy fix for us, we refinanced with another lender. Heritage lost a great customer due to awful customer service. Their rates are higher than most smaller banks and Credit unions. For the sake of giving us a 0.2 or 0.3% discount we would have stayed.

Anna B.

Anna B.asked

I would like to open a bank account because I’ll be staying here for 5 month Due to work and travel. Now should I open a bank account with heritage bank or Westpac (my friend told me they were good) ? Anyone got any experience?

steve

they are good,somebody scammed me and put negitave comments on,they are really good

Emma

Emmaasked

Should I move my banking from Suncorp to Heritage Bank? Reviews on this forum seem pretty much the same, as in BAD? Sick of the lack of customer service at Suncorp, now looking around to find a bank with real customer service. Does such a thing exist in Australia..? Would really appreciate your help.
Regards
Emma

Len1010
Len1010

Sometimes it's better to stick with the devil you know rather than try a Devil who might be worse. You never know what a company is like until you have a problem and need their help. The way a company treat you then is all that really matters so far as their credibility. Everyone nowadays talks the big talk, few actually follow through with any tangible action. After being a loyal long term Heritage customer I had my first problem recently (a double up charge) I was treated very poorly and forced to jump through many hoops. I had one of their supposed customer service representatives actually hang up on me after telling me to sort the problem out myself! I have yet to even hear back officially from them as to why I was ignored and why they took the same payment TWICE less than one minute apart. I don't trust Heritage at all anymore.
My best advice is that you should stay away from Heritage as clearly Customers Don't Matter to them.
Hope this answers your question,
Regards Len.

steve

yes i agree,tried to give them 2million,in cash,they put a indian,manager in my small town,who dont care,thier loss,like to put that cat in a crab pot,they are terrible,say something on line,they shut ya down,the crooks

Chantelle

Chantelleasked

Are heritage and westpac linked? For bank transfers?...

kwv42

If you mean Westpac does owns Heritage, it doesn't.

But if you mean can transfer money between the two, yes you can.

And like other transfers, you have to check with both to see what you need to do.

steve

better going to westpac believe me

Get an answer from our members and Heritage Bank representatives