HESTA Super Fund
See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HESTA Super Fund

Pros

Strong returns on investment
Low fees and costs
Knowledgeable and warm customer service staff

• Insurance Options
  • Income Protection
  • Rates and Fees

so far, so bad

Andy

Interesting how promptly you reply to a public review.

Dev
DevSydney, NSW

Lost over $14000- because they change the investment Name and risk.

I have never lost money in my super before the change , now only one option for low risk at 1% ,
I had 50% in medium and changed to " high" I lost over $2000- 2022
and 50% in risk and lost over $12000- 2022
I am changing supers , waiting for 2022 end FY statement.

Oskar A.
Oskar A.

Difficulty accessing funds

Looks like I am another one who having to make many follow up calls for a withdrawal

The telephone reception option for taking funds out does not answer, the only way I get to speak to someone is if I access the option to put money into the super account. Staff pleasant, the process however seems to deter withdrawals.

The outcome of this attempt will determine if I pull the lot out.

RJM72
RJM72South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing Insurance coverage

coop
coop

Not sure i made the right move

I also picked this fund due to the good rating. I feel the site is not up to date compared to other funds and i tried to make a switch on what i found was the last day for that 1 only per week option and the site crashed so i now have to miss getting my funds into the market for another week.
Sadly no response to my query as to why this could happen without any backup or possible fix since it was a system issue.
Lucky it's Easter and only an extra 3 market days i think.
Have to say, customer service is awesome. Super lovely staff.

Smithy
SmithyWestern Australia

Cancelled lump sum withdrawal application

I applied for a lump sum withdrawal of my super over two weeks ago because I am eligible. Today I rang to find out what has happened to it. I was advised they cancelled it without informing me and without an explanation. I was unaware of this until I rang. My super balance has dropped significantly since I applied two weeks ago. They advised they would get back to me within 7 business days regarding this matter. Meanwhile they still have my money and I don't know why because they are not entitled to it.

Leanne B
Leanne BWestern Australia

call back

we were in discussions with a call center operator, he was organizing for us to talk to a financial advisor. the call dropped out and we still await a reply

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Karen Palant
Karen PalantGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Change of name

Give you such a had time with changing your name and expect you to send personal info though the post so everyone can get there handson.They tell me no email.

Lesli Smith
Lesli SmithGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

time consuming

Pressed about 10 buttons to get to right area then i was advised 10 to 20 mins wait time, why is it so difficult to speak to someone. I gave up.

Jeff

Gill A.
Gill A.Little Mountain

very worried

Gouging Insurance Premiums

I rang to cancel my insurance as it is expensive with low sums insured. While everyone thinks industry funds are saintly they still gouge insurance premiums out of your super balance without you even being made aware. And HESTA makes cancelling your insurance difficult. They won’t let you cancel it I’ve the phone.

AnnieB
AnnieBPerth

Very slow claims service

Our darling mum died just over 6 months ago, she was with Australian Super as well and they paid out to us children within 3 months (about 48 hours after final 28 day waiting period). It has taken Hesta twice that time and were told would be 2-3 weeks after final waiting period! Been 2 1/2 weeks now and still waiting..... Along the way forms were lost in the post and wouldn’t have known unless I kept ringing to see where the process was at. Claims woman was quite rude on the phone and made me feel like a money hungry beneficiary! I would have preferred to have my mum here instead of having to deal with Hesta, glad I don’t have my Super with them.

They stopped my insurance

My income protection insurance was stopped. I rang HESTA to ask about it and they told me that I opted out of it, but I did not. Now I am unable to work due to disability and can not claim insurance. I trusted HESTA for over 20 years but now I am going to withdraw my investment.

Elle S
Elle Sasked

Is it true that members over 60 can get their Super out now?

Maria B.
Maria B.asked

What is the product type or option?

Zenaida S.asked

Hi. I have been off work for 6 years due to medical condition and most likely this will be an early retirement since I cannot go back to work. I have had accessed lump sum payments a number of times from my HESTA super. My super money was not much in it as i held my other super through Self Managed SuperFund. I was informed I can withdraw all of my funds in Hesta super, however I prefer to keep it open for when I sold my property under SMSF I intend to deposit the money to HESTA. My question is how much money I need to have in my HESTA super to be able to leave it open. Thank you

Thank you..

Get an answer from our members and HESTA Super Fund representatives

HESTA Super Fund doesn’t pay commissions to shareholders, which helps to keep its fees and costs low. This involves perks such as reduced admin fees, no entry fees charged when transferring money into your super account, and the provision of expert retirement and financial planning to members, at a competitive price.

Points of praise for HESTA Super Fund:

• Several satisfied HESTA members reported that the amount of money in their super account grew quickly, thanks to strong returns on their super contributions with the fund.
  • The customer service was described as informative, as well as pleasant, polite and helpful. HESTA staff were described as being prompt in answering any questions members had, both during the sign-up process and over the course of a membership with HESTA.
  • A number of longstanding numbers who'd been with HESTA for decades commended the super fund’s overall performance, and recommend HESTA to anyone looking to switch their superannuation fund.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With its host of happy members, it's no surprise that HESTA has won the 2021 Award for Best Superannuation Fund. Top scores were awarded to HESTA for its outstanding customer service and transparency about its business practices.