HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 2 of 6)

Very Diasppointing

Switched to HIF Gold cover 3 yrs ago, was going to be $3500.00 out of pocket for husbands sinus surgery so decided to go public, wait time 3 months and no cost. Not one of 9 surgeons contacted participated in hif gap scheme and yet their premiums have gone up substantially since joining, will be switching. Very disappointed

Madi M

Madi M

Great experience so far!

I have had to undergo two surgeries this year and HIF has covered both with only a small out of pocket payment for an anaesthetist and a once off excess fee of $200 for the year. I don't have top hospital cover being in my early 20s but the level of cover I have has been great. I also have super extras which has been fantastic in the past couple of years having to need glasses and requiring some major dental treatment. Never had an issue with claims and HIF have always been helpful on the phone with enquiries.

Lodge a claim by email

Andrew

Andrew

So far So good

I have HIF insurance for a few years now. I have used them for 2 shoulder surgeries and for the kids teeth and the usual physio etc. No real complaints, I just wish we could dump the junk benefits and make the policies cheaper.

FrostyYeppoon, Queensland

Highly Recommend

Been with HIF for over 3 Years now, and highly recommend them.

Grace

Grace

Excellent Customer Service

I really love the customer service from this company. Short wait times and speak with representatives who communicate clearly and effectively. I have used the cover for hospital stays and have found claiming to be really straightforward.
My only issue is that the cost of my same level of cover has doubled in the 6 years I have been with them.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

I am very disappointed with this service I really need to visit a doctor and this company cannot ans

I only need more contact with people to get information and there no available phone or no one answer me in an emergency moment. The customer support is awfull, I will coment more information when I solve my problem

Amie

AmieMandurah

What am I actually covered for? - No one can tell me

Fran

Fran

Terrible huge increase in Premium

It was reasonable on the first year, and thereafter, the premiums kept going up at ridiculous rates, from $2343 a few years ago and to $2963 now!! I wrote to enquire if there can be any discount from my annual premium. They told me to downgrade to another policy, which is suitable for young women with IVF, maternity & pregnancy benefits. I am a 64 years old man, not a young woman starting my family of babies. I am now looking around to switch back to my other fund.

Andrew F

Andrew FCanberra

AVOID at all costs - because you'll be the one wearing the costs - sellers of JUNK insurance

Di W

Di WBrisbane

Overall very happy with HIF

My husband and I transferred to hif from one of the major health funds due to massive price increases every year. We find hif to be very competitively priced and we like that it is a member's own fund, not a for-profit fund. When I have called, I have found my calls to be answered quite quickly. Lodging an extras claim through the app takes a few weeks to be paid, but I don't find that to be a major issue. I love that I can claim through an app....previous health fund did not even have this capability! Had to post it in or go to a branch. Very happy and have already recommended hif to a friend who joined up.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Simple question on amount claimable, difficult process

Mummatwo

MummatwoG

LONG wait times for claims

Long wait on the phone

Called today to discuss my policy, waited 18 minutes to finally talk to someone. Just to be told it was a peak period, this is the second time this has happened. Perhaps you may need to review staffing levels in order to improve customer sercive delivery. Definitely should have looked ALL of the below reviews prior to signing up. Unacceptable customer service.

Jess B
Jess B

Just some feedback for you. I called again today on hold for 17 minutes prior to talking to someone.

Dee18Perth, WA

WAITING TO LONG ON THE PHONE

I transferred to HIF from HBF a few years ago but now I'm wondering why?
Today I rang HIF and I was put on hold for 14 minutes 47 seconds with a recorded message apologising for the delay. This is totally unacceptable and this never happened when I first joined. The service at that time was great, but waiting l4 minutes is just not on. The polite lady who eventually did answer also apologised and I said then HIF need to employ more staff to answer the phones. It better not happen again or I'm moving on once again.

Dee18

The consultant did answer my query very well. Thank you.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

That's excellent to hear Dee, thanks for letting me know. Kind regards, Kelsey.

They know how to take the money just not how to pay it.

I submitted my Claim over one month ago and have not been paid. The lady I spoke to said that was normal and nothing she could do and it would be another 2 weeks because of how busy they are. With the amount of money we pay and the premium increases every year, the service is along way from being satisfactory. Maybe we should be able to not pay our premiums until our claim has been paid. There is nothing you can do, than just wait until they are ready to pay you.

Not Happy
Not Happy

I have been contacted by HIF and they have apologised and sorted this issue out immediately. The phone call from the HIF representative was a breath of fresh air and I was happy with his actions.

monicaAscot vale

Always have problems with claim delays

I always find claiming through the app results in delays in the benefit being paid. Five plus days to process a claim and when I email about it I get a response about an old claim.

It happens every time and it's extremely disappointing because rebate is great but this is frustrating. You really need to look at your turn around time and response to queries.

monica

thanks for the response and I have sent you my claim.

This backlog happens quite often though. So I think a system review is required especially since premiums go up each year yet rebates don't.

fantastic rebates on optical

I just took the family for an annual eye check. I was amazed when told by spec savers that HIF had paid the lot and that I didn't have any OP expenses! that's a pair of reading glasses each and a pair of stylish sunglasses!! HIF you rock! thank you so much !!!! I will definitely recommend you to my f&f.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Not happy about service!!! was kept waiting on the phone for over 30mins before I got a response.(I

1.We have found the policy ok for us at this stage in our life and also quite easy to set it all up. Customer support however needs to be looked at.

Jason

JasonBunbury

Unwilling to cooperate

Glen E.

Glen E.asked

Hi what’s the monthly free for 2 adults without pegnacy but with Hospital cover?

Sales manager13
Sales manager13

Glen,

When I joined it was prior to the Government changes to hospital cover.
They supplied a package that would not let you exclude birth services.
Different now, you can select Silver I believe, same as gold with out all the weight loss, birth services.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Glen, thanks for getting in touch. :)

You’ll be pleased to hear that all our Hospital policies except our Gold Star Hospital Cover option exclude maternity cover. Here’s a quick link for more info on our hospital cover options which may be useful: www.hif.com.au/hospital.

I’m afraid though, it’s a bit tricky to provide an accurate quotation straight away as our prices differ based on a number of variables (including your state, rebate eligibility, the type of cover you would like, e.g. Hospital only or Hospital and Extras etc).

Would it suit for one of our product experts to give you a quick call to confirm these details? That way, they’ll be able to discuss our policy options with you and provide a detailed quotation (obligation free of course!). If that sounds ok, please can you email your contact details to social@hif.com.au and I’ll be happy to schedule that in for you. Alternatively, you can also obtain an online quote by visiting www.hif.com.au/quote.

Many thanks,
Carly.

M&M

M&Masked

I have gold cover with HIF and I would like to know if it covers skin removal after bariatric gastric sleeve. My membership number is 43811. Would you mind emailing The answer via email and this page. Thanking u in advance

Hello M&M,

Thanks for your question. Provided it has been deemed medically necessary by Medicare, skin removal is certainly included on your Gold Hospital policy. To confirm any out-of-pockets expenses though, I do need some additional information from you. Has your specialist given you a treatment plan, which includes the applicable Medicare item numbers and associated charges? If so, please can you email them directly to me on social@hif.com.au and I’ll ensure a medical estimate is completed for you.

Many thanks,

Carly Stewart

Hester Tosen

Hester Tosenasked

I am a member (Gold) No : 158127 . I have two inplants done and paid for. I now have to have the two teeth done, am I covered at all for the teeth. Please let me know by my email. Greetings Hester Tosen

Hi Hester,

Thanks for getting in touch. As requested, I forwarded your enquiry to our member experience team and a consultant will be in touch shortly to assist you.

Warm regards,