HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 3 of 7)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (12) · No (2)

Could not be happier!

We are delighted with the level of offerings, service and support that HIF gave before, during and after my husband's double knee replacement. So much better than our previous insurer.

Dianne W

Dianne WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Diasppointing

Switched to HIF Gold cover 3 yrs ago, was going to be $3500.00 out of pocket for husbands sinus surgery so decided to go public, wait time 3 months and no cost. Not one of 9 surgeons contacted participated in hif gap scheme and yet their premiums have gone up substantially since joining, will be switching. Very disappointed

Madi M

Madi MDarling Downs, QLD

Great experience so far!

I have had to undergo two surgeries this year and HIF has covered both with only a small out of pocket payment for an anaesthetist and a once off excess fee of $200 for the year. I don't have top hospital cover being in my early 20s but the level of cover I have has been great. I also have super extras which has been fantastic in the past couple of years having to need glasses and requiring some major dental treatment. Never had an issue with claims and HIF have always been helpful on the phone with enquiries.

Lodge a claim by email

Andrew

Andrew

So far So good

I have HIF insurance for a few years now. I have used them for 2 shoulder surgeries and for the kids teeth and the usual physio etc. No real complaints, I just wish we could dump the junk benefits and make the policies cheaper.

FrostyCentral Queensland, QLD

Highly Recommend

Been with HIF for over 3 Years now, and highly recommend them.

Grace

Grace

Excellent Customer Service

I really love the customer service from this company. Short wait times and speak with representatives who communicate clearly and effectively. I have used the cover for hospital stays and have found claiming to be really straightforward.
My only issue is that the cost of my same level of cover has doubled in the 6 years I have been with them.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

I am very disappointed with this service I really need to visit a doctor and this company cannot ans

I only need more contact with people to get information and there no available phone or no one answer me in an emergency moment. The customer support is awfull, I will coment more information when I solve my problem

Amie

AmieMandurah

What am I actually covered for? - No one can tell me

Fran

Fran

Terrible huge increase in Premium

It was reasonable on the first year, and thereafter, the premiums kept going up at ridiculous rates, from $2343 a few years ago and to $2963 now!! I wrote to enquire if there can be any discount from my annual premium. They told me to downgrade to another policy, which is suitable for young women with IVF, maternity & pregnancy benefits. I am a 64 years old man, not a young woman starting my family of babies. I am now looking around to switch back to my other fund.

Andrew F

Andrew FCanberra

AVOID at all costs - because you'll be the one wearing the costs - sellers of JUNK insurance

Di W

Di WBrisbane

Overall very happy with HIF

My husband and I transferred to hif from one of the major health funds due to massive price increases every year. We find hif to be very competitively priced and we like that it is a member's own fund, not a for-profit fund. When I have called, I have found my calls to be answered quite quickly. Lodging an extras claim through the app takes a few weeks to be paid, but I don't find that to be a major issue. I love that I can claim through an app....previous health fund did not even have this capability! Had to post it in or go to a branch. Very happy and have already recommended hif to a friend who joined up.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Simple question on amount claimable, difficult process

Mummatwo

MummatwoG

LONG wait times for claims

Long wait on the phone

Called today to discuss my policy, waited 18 minutes to finally talk to someone. Just to be told it was a peak period, this is the second time this has happened. Perhaps you may need to review staffing levels in order to improve customer sercive delivery. Definitely should have looked ALL of the below reviews prior to signing up. Unacceptable customer service.

Jess B
Jess B

Just some feedback for you. I called again today on hold for 17 minutes prior to talking to someone.

Dee18Perth, WA

WAITING TO LONG ON THE PHONE

I transferred to HIF from HBF a few years ago but now I'm wondering why?
Today I rang HIF and I was put on hold for 14 minutes 47 seconds with a recorded message apologising for the delay. This is totally unacceptable and this never happened when I first joined. The service at that time was great, but waiting l4 minutes is just not on. The polite lady who eventually did answer also apologised and I said then HIF need to employ more staff to answer the phones. It better not happen again or I'm moving on once again.

Dee18

The consultant did answer my query very well. Thank you.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

That's excellent to hear Dee, thanks for letting me know. Kind regards, Kelsey.

They know how to take the money just not how to pay it.

I submitted my Claim over one month ago and have not been paid. The lady I spoke to said that was normal and nothing she could do and it would be another 2 weeks because of how busy they are. With the amount of money we pay and the premium increases every year, the service is along way from being satisfactory. Maybe we should be able to not pay our premiums until our claim has been paid. There is nothing you can do, than just wait until they are ready to pay you.

Not Happy
Not Happy

I have been contacted by HIF and they have apologised and sorted this issue out immediately. The phone call from the HIF representative was a breath of fresh air and I was happy with his actions.

monicaAscot vale

Always have problems with claim delays

I always find claiming through the app results in delays in the benefit being paid. Five plus days to process a claim and when I email about it I get a response about an old claim.

It happens every time and it's extremely disappointing because rebate is great but this is frustrating. You really need to look at your turn around time and response to queries.

monica

thanks for the response and I have sent you my claim.

This backlog happens quite often though. So I think a system review is required especially since premiums go up each year yet rebates don't.

fantastic rebates on optical

I just took the family for an annual eye check. I was amazed when told by spec savers that HIF had paid the lot and that I didn't have any OP expenses! that's a pair of reading glasses each and a pair of stylish sunglasses!! HIF you rock! thank you so much !!!! I will definitely recommend you to my f&f.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Not happy about service!!! was kept waiting on the phone for over 30mins before I got a response.(I

1.We have found the policy ok for us at this stage in our life and also quite easy to set it all up. Customer support however needs to be looked at.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions