HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 4 of 7)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (12) · No (2)
Jason

JasonBunbury

Unwilling to cooperate

fmyt

fmytMelbourne

Best value my circumstances

Excellent Customer Service.

Excellent value, easy to set up, unbeatable Customer Support. Would highly recommend HIF. Was recommended to us by a third party Health Insurance reviewer and moved across after almost 15 yrs with another provider. Claim submitted and paid seamlessly. Customer service second to none (after a considerable wait but first thing consultant did was apologise for the wait). Overall, extremely professional.

DmitrySydney

Customer service unreachable

30 minutes waiting over the phone with annoying ads and then it dropped. No "leave your number and we'll call you back" service. Email not replied within 24 hours. Apparently they've got now loads of clients and became unreachable :(

Dmitry

The simple option of calling back would help a lot saving your clients time, if you only cared a bit more.

BeachgrobSydney

HIF 2017 premium increase of 22.5% in April

A warning note to everyone on HIF 2017 premium increases. They are going up by a whopping 22.5%!!! I joined earlier this week having not been informed by HIF of their intension to increase their premiums by such an amount. Today I found out the truth and immediately cancelled my policy.
How has the Federal Govt allowed HIF to increase their premiums by so much?

Claims Turn Around

I really like HIF and have no complaints about their rebate as i think compared to other funds i get a lot back. However their turn around time for claims is extremely slow, sometimes more than one week which is a bit disappointing. Surely this can be sped up particularly when everything is supplied correctly.

HIF is a rip off

I am writing regarding my daughters family membership she has paid into for past 19months (approx $5000). She called HIF to actually talk to someone to initiate becoming a member 19months ago stating that she wanted full cover if she was to become pregnant down the track.Neither she or her husband have never claimed for anything from the fund and they have a baby on the way. She inquired today regarding the ultrasounds she has had to pay for and what does she do to claim a refund. She was advised that they only have cover for a private hospital. What a waste of money. A total rip off of money. I wish people could be honest in what they are trying to sell with health insurance. Very annoyed mother.

No complaints here

Been with HIF since early 2016...all claims processed with ZERO fuss...premiums are competitive and service is friendly and efficient....just wish their mobile APP was better so far I am very happy with HIF

Chele

ChelePerth, WA

HIF have cured me!

Hooray, I was just told I don't have a sickness! I was enquiring whether HIF supplied some kind of rebate as I am having a brain operation and wanted to know whether they would cover some of my wig cost as I need to shave my head. I have been a member for 25 years and have a degenerative disease & are on the top extras cover. The answer you gave me basically is saying I am not sick!

Kitty Ward

Kitty WardPerth, WA

So very disappointed

After being a member for 10 years I have had enough. I've claimed maybe 6 times in the entire time I have been a member.
I was about to upgrade my membership as I need joint surgery down the track so rang up to inquire. All I got was the lady demanding a payment NOW in order to upgrade me. I wanted information - not a demand for payment.
Despite trying desperately to get the information I needed, I ended up giving up when all she wanted was my credit card details.
Now looking at other funds and realising how much cheaper other options are. I now realise HIF are quite expensve!

Long time members

As long time members we cannot understand these poor reviews, are the reviewers just not doing things right?
We have never ever had any issues on any claims we have made.No red tape and seamless claiming.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Easy to navigate with the best value

I spent about three weeks researching all the different health insurance funds trying to find what was best for me and HIF had by far the easiest website to navigate in terms of picking exactly what I wanted and seeing what I was getting, which was my number one reason for picking them. The fact that they were also the most competitive in terms of price for my level of cover was icing on the cake. The sign up process was a breeze, the customer service so far has been excellent, and the blog on their site has some great articles.

Happy to recommend HIF to friends and family.

qswhMelbourne, VIC

Unethical company causing clients' death.

Kels

KelsPerth

Worst health fund in Australia!!

I joined this health fund on the recommendation of my husband. However since joining we have had nothing but issues. Our payments aren't allocated even though they are sitting in HIF's account meaning that each time we try to claim it has been declined. Disgraceful!!
Worst health insurance fund I've ever had to deal with! If looking for a fund this would have to be the last one you should choose! My biggest regret would have to be leaving my previous fund, HIF are terrible!!!

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

No help as soon as you have a real issue

Been with them for years. First time I had a policy issue basically said too bad can't help you and then try to pretend the govt rebate is a discount from them

Find out how HIF (Health Insurance Fund) compares to other Health Insurance

Real people and compassionate decision making

Fastboss

FastbossSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very difficult claims procedure

We have had to claim three times with HIF and each time the process was difficult and they required extra forms and information that had in some cases already been provided. We had to make a separate trip to the GP that referred my wife to the hospital and have the GP sign forms and we had to go back to the hospital and have them sign other forms. Now on the 3rd time claiming they need more forms from the hospital that we have to get ourselves and forward to them. I would not recommend HIF.

Excellent Customer Service

I'm still yet to use their services if I ever need to. But during the signing up process, there was a little hiccup which needed to be resolved asap to complete my 457 Visa Application. Their Customer Service dealt with it fast and effectively.

That is the kind or service you look for when moving to a new country and search for a health insurance cover. And in the midst of some bad reviews I read here, which were left as is even after the matter was resolved. I just wanted to provide my input.

MincoSydney

Absolutely terrible service!

They debited the premium from my bank account but they denied it, and no refund is made after membership cancellation.

Name: Minh Cong Hoang

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions