1.0

• Claim ApprovedYes · No (2)

Pre-Existing clause seems to be an easy out

Never been so disappointed as a fund that focuses on being not for profit for the benefit of members...what a joke. Family cover that is beyond ridiculously expensive to then use the pre-existing condition clause. Got the call today to say declining claim and I will be declining your services as I am already looking for a new provider. Been with HIF since 2007 and will not come back. You have had enough money out of me. So I am left with a daughter with lifelong potential fertility issues, I would of been better saving all the money I have given you and paying for the service myself. Worst service I have ever experienced. I have already started getting quotes from other providers.

Claim MadeYes
Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Coverage TypeFamily
Under 30No
Claim ApprovedNo
Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
Ben
BenPerth, WA

Worst health care ever

Been with hif for years, upgraded to the top cover ten months ago. My wife needed urgent exploratory surgery, hif had over a week to investigate whether it was pre existing or not and now on the day we had to postpone the surgery because hif wouldn't cover us. I'm paying 240 a fortnight and both the gp and the surgeon signed the form to say it was not pre existing. Worst health cover.

Claim MadeYes
Claim ApprovedNo
See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

kevin b
kevin basked

I have gold star hospital & super extras, can I claim for A REPLACEMENT PILLOW MASK for my existing machine, which had before joining HIF, I have been a member for over 4 years

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting in touch. So that I can investigate this for you and look into your policy includions, do you mind sending through your HIF member number to our email address: social@hif.com.au.

From here we can access your policy and give you a better idea of what you are covered for.

Kind regards,
Ricky @ HIF.

Peter McNess
Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions