HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 2 of 5)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (2)
AnjuSydney, NSW

It is a big scam

I took a HIF policy with their promise of $150 FPOS card. Please look out for this as this is a big scam. It has been 3.5 months and the card hasn't reached me yet. I have called them atleast 4 times already. The 1st call they told me that it will only be dispatched after 3 months of holding the policy. Then I called them again on 12th June they said it will be dispatched on the 14th, and today is 19th and i haven't still received it. It is a big big scam. Don't get a policy wit HIF

Membership no is 166398

AntsSydney, NSW

Time to switch

Recently received notice from HIF that my Goldstarter hospital cover will be changed to Bronze Plus starter hospital ( because of the reforms).
Letter mentioned how great the new cover will be and listed the cover inclusions/exclusions however what HIF FAILED to mention is that AMBULANCE COVER will no longer be offered under their hospital policies. I'm a NSW resident, so being informed that ambulance cover will not be available is important to know.
I think HIF is seriously in breach of product disclosure/changes and I will be escalating this matter to the Industry ombudsman.

Fifi
FifiPerth, WA

Unexplained rise for pregnancy cover

Claim MadeNo

A joke - be warned!

Just over 2 years, nothing like it was presented, the result of a couple of claims was dismal beware of this scamming mob

Was amazing... unitill they took $800 out of my account

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Quality Assured
Quality AssuredPerth, WA

The opposite of customer care or service

Horrible, never again

I had 2 medical problems. First, something in my head that I needed a GP, they couldn't give me an appointment for before than 1 week, I couldn't wait and they didn't pay me nothing for the other GP. The second time I went to emergency hospital because of a cut in my leg, 12 stitches, and they didn't cover me any 1 dollar from de 1200 that I had to pay. Never again

Tammy Marcotte
Tammy MarcotteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Refusal of Cover for alleged Pre-existing ailment

I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow- I was given the go ahead by HIF. I later receive a call from the hospital saying I cannot have my surgery because I have a pre-existing condition and am only covered from July 17. My surgery is not pre-existing and has occurred due to sudden developments. I am furious and extremely distressed by this turn of events. My case is being reviewed and with some common sense I can go ahead for surgery tomorrow. If not - a thunderstorm of action is going to rain down upon HIF.

Dianne W
Dianne WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Diasppointing

Switched to HIF Gold cover 3 yrs ago, was going to be $3500.00 out of pocket for husbands sinus surgery so decided to go public, wait time 3 months and no cost. Not one of 9 surgeons contacted participated in hif gap scheme and yet their premiums have gone up substantially since joining, will be switching. Very disappointed

Find out how HIF (Health Insurance Fund) compares to other Health Insurance

I am very disappointed with this service I really need to visit a doctor and this company cannot ans

I only need more contact with people to get information and there no available phone or no one answer me in an emergency moment. The customer support is awfull, I will coment more information when I solve my problem

Amie
AmieMandurah

What am I actually covered for? - No one can tell me

Fran
Fran

Terrible huge increase in Premium

It was reasonable on the first year, and thereafter, the premiums kept going up at ridiculous rates, from $2343 a few years ago and to $2963 now!! I wrote to enquire if there can be any discount from my annual premium. They told me to downgrade to another policy, which is suitable for young women with IVF, maternity & pregnancy benefits. I am a 64 years old man, not a young woman starting my family of babies. I am now looking around to switch back to my other fund.

Andrew F
Andrew FCanberra

AVOID at all costs - because you'll be the one wearing the costs - sellers of JUNK insurance

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Simple question on amount claimable, difficult process

Mummatwo
MummatwoG

LONG wait times for claims

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

kevin b
kevin basked

I have gold star hospital & super extras, can I claim for A REPLACEMENT PILLOW MASK for my existing machine, which had before joining HIF, I have been a member for over 4 years

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting in touch. So that I can investigate this for you and look into your policy includions, do you mind sending through your HIF member number to our email address: social@hif.com.au.

From here we can access your policy and give you a better idea of what you are covered for.

Kind regards,
Ricky @ HIF.

Peter McNess
Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions