HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 3 of 5)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (2)

Long wait on the phone

Called today to discuss my policy, waited 18 minutes to finally talk to someone. Just to be told it was a peak period, this is the second time this has happened. Perhaps you may need to review staffing levels in order to improve customer sercive delivery. Definitely should have looked ALL of the below reviews prior to signing up. Unacceptable customer service.

Jess B
Jess B

Just some feedback for you. I called again today on hold for 17 minutes prior to talking to someone.

Dee18Perth, WA

WAITING TO LONG ON THE PHONE

I transferred to HIF from HBF a few years ago but now I'm wondering why?
Today I rang HIF and I was put on hold for 14 minutes 47 seconds with a recorded message apologising for the delay. This is totally unacceptable and this never happened when I first joined. The service at that time was great, but waiting l4 minutes is just not on. The polite lady who eventually did answer also apologised and I said then HIF need to employ more staff to answer the phones. It better not happen again or I'm moving on once again.

Dee18

The consultant did answer my query very well. Thank you.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

That's excellent to hear Dee, thanks for letting me know. Kind regards, Kelsey.

They know how to take the money just not how to pay it.

I submitted my Claim over one month ago and have not been paid. The lady I spoke to said that was normal and nothing she could do and it would be another 2 weeks because of how busy they are. With the amount of money we pay and the premium increases every year, the service is along way from being satisfactory. Maybe we should be able to not pay our premiums until our claim has been paid. There is nothing you can do, than just wait until they are ready to pay you.

Not Happy
Not Happy

I have been contacted by HIF and they have apologised and sorted this issue out immediately. The phone call from the HIF representative was a breath of fresh air and I was happy with his actions.

monicaAscot vale

Always have problems with claim delays

I always find claiming through the app results in delays in the benefit being paid. Five plus days to process a claim and when I email about it I get a response about an old claim.

It happens every time and it's extremely disappointing because rebate is great but this is frustrating. You really need to look at your turn around time and response to queries.

monica

thanks for the response and I have sent you my claim.

This backlog happens quite often though. So I think a system review is required especially since premiums go up each year yet rebates don't.

DmitrySydney

Customer service unreachable

30 minutes waiting over the phone with annoying ads and then it dropped. No "leave your number and we'll call you back" service. Email not replied within 24 hours. Apparently they've got now loads of clients and became unreachable :(

Dmitry

The simple option of calling back would help a lot saving your clients time, if you only cared a bit more.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

BeachgrobSydney

HIF 2017 premium increase of 22.5% in April

A warning note to everyone on HIF 2017 premium increases. They are going up by a whopping 22.5%!!! I joined earlier this week having not been informed by HIF of their intension to increase their premiums by such an amount. Today I found out the truth and immediately cancelled my policy.
How has the Federal Govt allowed HIF to increase their premiums by so much?

HIF is a rip off

I am writing regarding my daughters family membership she has paid into for past 19months (approx $5000). She called HIF to actually talk to someone to initiate becoming a member 19months ago stating that she wanted full cover if she was to become pregnant down the track.Neither she or her husband have never claimed for anything from the fund and they have a baby on the way. She inquired today regarding the ultrasounds she has had to pay for and what does she do to claim a refund. She was advised that they only have cover for a private hospital. What a waste of money. A total rip off of money. I wish people could be honest in what they are trying to sell with health insurance. Very annoyed mother.

Chele

ChelePerth, WA

HIF have cured me!

Hooray, I was just told I don't have a sickness! I was enquiring whether HIF supplied some kind of rebate as I am having a brain operation and wanted to know whether they would cover some of my wig cost as I need to shave my head. I have been a member for 25 years and have a degenerative disease & are on the top extras cover. The answer you gave me basically is saying I am not sick!

Kitty Ward

Kitty WardPerth, WA

So very disappointed

After being a member for 10 years I have had enough. I've claimed maybe 6 times in the entire time I have been a member.
I was about to upgrade my membership as I need joint surgery down the track so rang up to inquire. All I got was the lady demanding a payment NOW in order to upgrade me. I wanted information - not a demand for payment.
Despite trying desperately to get the information I needed, I ended up giving up when all she wanted was my credit card details.
Now looking at other funds and realising how much cheaper other options are. I now realise HIF are quite expensve!

qswhMelbourne, VIC

Unethical company causing clients' death.

Kels

KelsPerth

Worst health fund in Australia!!

I joined this health fund on the recommendation of my husband. However since joining we have had nothing but issues. Our payments aren't allocated even though they are sitting in HIF's account meaning that each time we try to claim it has been declined. Disgraceful!!
Worst health insurance fund I've ever had to deal with! If looking for a fund this would have to be the last one you should choose! My biggest regret would have to be leaving my previous fund, HIF are terrible!!!

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

No help as soon as you have a real issue

Been with them for years. First time I had a policy issue basically said too bad can't help you and then try to pretend the govt rebate is a discount from them

Fastboss

FastbossSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very difficult claims procedure

We have had to claim three times with HIF and each time the process was difficult and they required extra forms and information that had in some cases already been provided. We had to make a separate trip to the GP that referred my wife to the hospital and have the GP sign forms and we had to go back to the hospital and have them sign other forms. Now on the 3rd time claiming they need more forms from the hospital that we have to get ourselves and forward to them. I would not recommend HIF.

MincoSydney

Absolutely terrible service!

They debited the premium from my bank account but they denied it, and no refund is made after membership cancellation.

Name: Minh Cong Hoang
Receipt number: HIF3950800

Very Dissappointing and confusing

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

kevin b

kevin basked

I have gold star hospital & super extras, can I claim for A REPLACEMENT PILLOW MASK for my existing machine, which had before joining HIF, I have been a member for over 4 years

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting in touch. So that I can investigate this for you and look into your policy includions, do you mind sending through your HIF member number to our email address: social@hif.com.au.

From here we can access your policy and give you a better idea of what you are covered for.

Kind regards,
Ricky @ HIF.

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions