HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 4 of 5)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (2)
Ron

RonPerth, WA

Get real HIF! Can only claim $240 out of $1400 limit?!

My mother requires a new denture. We’ve been told she can’t claim as she’s already claimed $240 to repair the old one within the last 2 years (despite the fact that the actual limit is set at $1400) you can only claim once per 2 years for denture regardless of the amount claim! That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. What if you need to go back for more repair or adjustment or even a new one?! You need to wait for another 2 years?! Get real HIF!

Ants

AntsPerth, WA

No GAP cover on Specialits/Surgeons

Mark474

Mark474Perth

HIF - These clowns cannot communicate and take MONTHS to pay out on claims

It's July 1st and I had major surgery in the first week of May - and guess what! I'm still waiting despite numerous phone calls/ The excuse I get is the processing team is busy - well bully for them, I have thousands on my credit card and need to pay it off. I've cancelled our policy today out of frustration - NEVER go to HIF.

Gavin

GavinPerth, WA

HIF costs us a lot more out of pocket expenses

KaeJai

KaeJaiPerth, WA

Unacceptable claims time frame

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

GeethaENDEAVOUR HILLS

Extremely long waiting times for claims to be processed

We submitted the claim for Ambulance Victoria Amounting to $1115.00 and Monash Health Emergency Department Charges amounting to $550.00 and we are yet to receive the claim money into our account. No one can afford to wait for a month especially visitors who cant afford to pay everything by themselves.

After making numerous calls being replied by the customer service staff they said that one of our staff will give you a call regarding the progress of the claim we have never received a call back. As far as I can remember we have called more than 5 times regarding this claim and waited on the phone more than 45 minutes sometimes but the issue still not resolved.
Original documents (invoices) were sent via express post on the 25/05/2015.

Jamesdean

JamesdeanFerntree Gully

Poor customer service

Chantel

ChantelMelbourne

Still charge on cancelled policy! Terrible service!

Ruth

RuthPerth, Western Australia

Pay a lot and get very little back in claims

MyrnaPerth, WA

Poor customer service

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Thank you for letting me know Myrna, and thanks again for choosing HIF. :)

Ang

AngPerth

Customer Service a Joke

I am on the 2nd highest Options and put a claim in for naturopathy and was told after sending 5 emails that I can claim $20. 5 emails it took for a reply from HIF - their Customer Service is a joke!

John

JohnMelbourne

Claim refused for Orthodontics

Mel36

Mel36MELBOURNE

Poor and not realistic about health improvement

Having had a claim rejected for a form of remedial massage called Rolfing and now today I found out they won't cover Yoga unless it is through a gym. Oddly enough most Yoga (quality teaching) is done through yoga studios, one which I attend and which has an instructor recognised by other providers. Useless, waste of time expensive cover - I am just about to switch having found a policy with much better cover and value. I originally switched to HIF for generous dental but even that benefit was not as well paid as the previous year, don't bother keep comparing.

Expensive and not able to claim

Pedro

Pedro

Not a great start

Roger D

Roger DMelbourne

Am now certain.......... don't do it......... looking elsewhere

After transferring to HIF on the understanding my upcoming operation would be covered and getting a quote and approval in writing two days out from the operation I was advised that they now need to do a pre-existing injury check so the operation would not be covered. False and broken promises seem to be the order of the day for them. Always read between the lines and do not believe half of what they tell you. Been with them for two months but unlikely I will be with them for a third month.

Lies, False promises, You are expected to know what they are thinking.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

kevin b

kevin basked

I have gold star hospital & super extras, can I claim for A REPLACEMENT PILLOW MASK for my existing machine, which had before joining HIF, I have been a member for over 4 years

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting in touch. So that I can investigate this for you and look into your policy includions, do you mind sending through your HIF member number to our email address: social@hif.com.au.

From here we can access your policy and give you a better idea of what you are covered for.

Kind regards,
Ricky @ HIF.

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions