HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 2 of 3)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (2)

I am very disappointed with this service I really need to visit a doctor and this company cannot ans

I only need more contact with people to get information and there no available phone or no one answer me in an emergency moment. The customer support is awfull, I will coment more information when I solve my problem

Amie

AmieMandurah

What am I actually covered for? - No one can tell me

Fran

Fran

Terrible huge increase in Premium

It was reasonable on the first year, and thereafter, the premiums kept going up at ridiculous rates, from $2343 a few years ago and to $2963 now!! I wrote to enquire if there can be any discount from my annual premium. They told me to downgrade to another policy, which is suitable for young women with IVF, maternity & pregnancy benefits. I am a 64 years old man, not a young woman starting my family of babies. I am now looking around to switch back to my other fund.

Andrew F

Andrew FCanberra

AVOID at all costs - because you'll be the one wearing the costs - sellers of JUNK insurance

Long wait on the phone

Called today to discuss my policy, waited 18 minutes to finally talk to someone. Just to be told it was a peak period, this is the second time this has happened. Perhaps you may need to review staffing levels in order to improve customer sercive delivery. Definitely should have looked ALL of the below reviews prior to signing up. Unacceptable customer service.

Jess B
Jess B

Just some feedback for you. I called again today on hold for 17 minutes prior to talking to someone.

Dee18Perth, WA

WAITING TO LONG ON THE PHONE

I transferred to HIF from HBF a few years ago but now I'm wondering why?
Today I rang HIF and I was put on hold for 14 minutes 47 seconds with a recorded message apologising for the delay. This is totally unacceptable and this never happened when I first joined. The service at that time was great, but waiting l4 minutes is just not on. The polite lady who eventually did answer also apologised and I said then HIF need to employ more staff to answer the phones. It better not happen again or I'm moving on once again.

Dee18

The consultant did answer my query very well. Thank you.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

That's excellent to hear Dee, thanks for letting me know. Kind regards, Kelsey.

Ad

They know how to take the money just not how to pay it.

I submitted my Claim over one month ago and have not been paid. The lady I spoke to said that was normal and nothing she could do and it would be another 2 weeks because of how busy they are. With the amount of money we pay and the premium increases every year, the service is along way from being satisfactory. Maybe we should be able to not pay our premiums until our claim has been paid. There is nothing you can do, than just wait until they are ready to pay you.

Not Happy
Not Happy

I have been contacted by HIF and they have apologised and sorted this issue out immediately. The phone call from the HIF representative was a breath of fresh air and I was happy with his actions.

BeachgrobSydney

HIF 2017 premium increase of 22.5% in April

A warning note to everyone on HIF 2017 premium increases. They are going up by a whopping 22.5%!!! I joined earlier this week having not been informed by HIF of their intension to increase their premiums by such an amount. Today I found out the truth and immediately cancelled my policy.
How has the Federal Govt allowed HIF to increase their premiums by so much?

HIF is a rip off

I am writing regarding my daughters family membership she has paid into for past 19months (approx $5000). She called HIF to actually talk to someone to initiate becoming a member 19months ago stating that she wanted full cover if she was to become pregnant down the track.Neither she or her husband have never claimed for anything from the fund and they have a baby on the way. She inquired today regarding the ultrasounds she has had to pay for and what does she do to claim a refund. She was advised that they only have cover for a private hospital. What a waste of money. A total rip off of money. I wish people could be honest in what they are trying to sell with health insurance. Very annoyed mother.

qswhMelbourne, VIC

Unethical company causing clients' death.

Kels

KelsPerth

Worst health fund in Australia!!

I joined this health fund on the recommendation of my husband. However since joining we have had nothing but issues. Our payments aren't allocated even though they are sitting in HIF's account meaning that each time we try to claim it has been declined. Disgraceful!!
Worst health insurance fund I've ever had to deal with! If looking for a fund this would have to be the last one you should choose! My biggest regret would have to be leaving my previous fund, HIF are terrible!!!

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

No help as soon as you have a real issue

Been with them for years. First time I had a policy issue basically said too bad can't help you and then try to pretend the govt rebate is a discount from them

Fastboss

FastbossSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very difficult claims procedure

We have had to claim three times with HIF and each time the process was difficult and they required extra forms and information that had in some cases already been provided. We had to make a separate trip to the GP that referred my wife to the hospital and have the GP sign forms and we had to go back to the hospital and have them sign other forms. Now on the 3rd time claiming they need more forms from the hospital that we have to get ourselves and forward to them. I would not recommend HIF.

MincoSydney

Absolutely terrible service!

They debited the premium from my bank account but they denied it, and no refund is made after membership cancellation.

Name: Minh Cong Hoang
Receipt number: HIF3950800

Very Dissappointing and confusing

Ron

RonPerth, WA

Get real HIF! Can only claim $240 out of $1400 limit?!

My mother requires a new denture. We’ve been told she can’t claim as she’s already claimed $240 to repair the old one within the last 2 years (despite the fact that the actual limit is set at $1400) you can only claim once per 2 years for denture regardless of the amount claim! That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. What if you need to go back for more repair or adjustment or even a new one?! You need to wait for another 2 years?! Get real HIF!

Ants

AntsPerth, WA

No GAP cover on Specialits/Surgeons

Gavin

GavinPerth, WA

HIF costs us a lot more out of pocket expenses

Chantel

ChantelMelbourne

Still charge on cancelled policy! Terrible service!

Ruth

RuthPerth, Western Australia

Pay a lot and get very little back in claims

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions