HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 3 of 3)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (2)
John

JohnMelbourne

Claim refused for Orthodontics

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
Mel36

Mel36MELBOURNE

Poor and not realistic about health improvement

Having had a claim rejected for a form of remedial massage called Rolfing and now today I found out they won't cover Yoga unless it is through a gym. Oddly enough most Yoga (quality teaching) is done through yoga studios, one which I attend and which has an instructor recognised by other providers. Useless, waste of time expensive cover - I am just about to switch having found a policy with much better cover and value. I originally switched to HIF for generous dental but even that benefit was not as well paid as the previous year, don't bother keep comparing.

Expensive and not able to claim

Roger D

Roger DMelbourne

Am now certain.......... don't do it......... looking elsewhere

After transferring to HIF on the understanding my upcoming operation would be covered and getting a quote and approval in writing two days out from the operation I was advised that they now need to do a pre-existing injury check so the operation would not be covered. False and broken promises seem to be the order of the day for them. Always read between the lines and do not believe half of what they tell you. Been with them for two months but unlikely I will be with them for a third month.

Lies, False promises, You are expected to know what they are thinking.

Health Insurance

Find out how HIF (Health Insurance Fund) compares to other Health Insurance

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions