• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
Julie S.

Julie S.Sydney, NSW

Touch and go

Sales manager13

Sales manager13Cairns

Poor communication, useless web site

Still waiting for a $150 gift card, now 7 months.
The new web site is a total disaster, insufficient information regarding my policy.
You now have to phone to get your remaining extras amounts, this entails a very long wait for you call to be answered.
WA is not that far from Qld but it could be on the other side of the World when dealing with this company.

Claim MadeNo

Was amazing... unitill they took $800 out of my account

Dianne W

Dianne WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Diasppointing

Switched to HIF Gold cover 3 yrs ago, was going to be $3500.00 out of pocket for husbands sinus surgery so decided to go public, wait time 3 months and no cost. Not one of 9 surgeons contacted participated in hif gap scheme and yet their premiums have gone up substantially since joining, will be switching. Very disappointed

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Simple question on amount claimable, difficult process

Mummatwo

MummatwoG

LONG wait times for claims

monicaAscot vale

Always have problems with claim delays

I always find claiming through the app results in delays in the benefit being paid. Five plus days to process a claim and when I email about it I get a response about an old claim.

It happens every time and it's extremely disappointing because rebate is great but this is frustrating. You really need to look at your turn around time and response to queries.

monica

thanks for the response and I have sent you my claim.

This backlog happens quite often though. So I think a system review is required especially since premiums go up each year yet rebates don't.

DmitrySydney

Customer service unreachable

30 minutes waiting over the phone with annoying ads and then it dropped. No "leave your number and we'll call you back" service. Email not replied within 24 hours. Apparently they've got now loads of clients and became unreachable :(

Dmitry

The simple option of calling back would help a lot saving your clients time, if you only cared a bit more.

Chele

ChelePerth, WA

HIF have cured me!

Hooray, I was just told I don't have a sickness! I was enquiring whether HIF supplied some kind of rebate as I am having a brain operation and wanted to know whether they would cover some of my wig cost as I need to shave my head. I have been a member for 25 years and have a degenerative disease & are on the top extras cover. The answer you gave me basically is saying I am not sick!

Kitty Ward

Kitty WardPerth, WA

So very disappointed

After being a member for 10 years I have had enough. I've claimed maybe 6 times in the entire time I have been a member.
I was about to upgrade my membership as I need joint surgery down the track so rang up to inquire. All I got was the lady demanding a payment NOW in order to upgrade me. I wanted information - not a demand for payment.
Despite trying desperately to get the information I needed, I ended up giving up when all she wanted was my credit card details.
Now looking at other funds and realising how much cheaper other options are. I now realise HIF are quite expensve!

Mark474

Mark474Perth

HIF - These clowns cannot communicate and take MONTHS to pay out on claims

It's July 1st and I had major surgery in the first week of May - and guess what! I'm still waiting despite numerous phone calls/ The excuse I get is the processing team is busy - well bully for them, I have thousands on my credit card and need to pay it off. I've cancelled our policy today out of frustration - NEVER go to HIF.

KaeJai

KaeJaiPerth, WA

Unacceptable claims time frame

GeethaENDEAVOUR HILLS

Extremely long waiting times for claims to be processed

We submitted the claim for Ambulance Victoria Amounting to $1115.00 and Monash Health Emergency Department Charges amounting to $550.00 and we are yet to receive the claim money into our account. No one can afford to wait for a month especially visitors who cant afford to pay everything by themselves.

After making numerous calls being replied by the customer service staff they said that one of our staff will give you a call regarding the progress of the claim we have never received a call back. As far as I can remember we have called more than 5 times regarding this claim and waited on the phone more than 45 minutes sometimes but the issue still not resolved.
Original documents (invoices) were sent via express post on the 25/05/2015.

Jamesdean

JamesdeanFerntree Gully

Poor customer service

MyrnaPerth, WA

Poor customer service

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Thank you for letting me know Myrna, and thanks again for choosing HIF. :)

Ang

AngPerth

Customer Service a Joke

I am on the 2nd highest Options and put a claim in for naturopathy and was told after sending 5 emails that I can claim $20. 5 emails it took for a reply from HIF - their Customer Service is a joke!

Pedro

Pedro

Not a great start

Laura

LauraRoma

Poor service & customer support

I was with HIF for 2 years on the 457 basic cover insurance. The price was good considering what was included. However I found the process of submitting claims and queries frustrating. As I work in a remote area, it is more convenient for me to email claims rather than post them. My last email claim was rejected and I was told to resubmit via post ( this is difficult as I am a 2 hr drive from a post office). Also, the response time for queries is rather long ( up to 5 business days).
Inexpensive
Only accepts Claims via Post not Email, Poor Customer Service

Grena

GrenaSydney, NSW

Dissapointed in health insurance coverage

Briantre

Briantre

Orthodontic refubds of only 34% is very low

My daughters braces will cost $3800 but HIF will only pay $1298 based on 60% of a "deemed fee" of $2025.
Their "deemed Fee" bears no relationship to what dentists/orthodontists charge. Its a fee designed to
keep their refunds on orthodontic low. They even admit this but nowhere is it on their website
Their monthly fees are lower than most
Very poor and unfair orthodontic returns

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions