• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
LPE

LPE

Ok, but the quality is going down year after year

Hi, Been with HIF for a few years now (I think close to about 6+ years), and didnt have any real issues.. While hospital cover was good, the extras was not. Anyway, kept increasing the premiums, so decided to shift to another provider who was cheaper with better coverage! Feel the service and coverage is going down.. they started discontinuing a few products and the service is not as good as it used to be.

I will be shifting shortly.. HIF - life your game or you will start loosing customers (like me, for example, who have been with you and loyal..)..

Cheers.

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad

Premium increase too much this time...

We have been with HIF for some time and have just received advice of the premium increase on April 1st and HIF is the highest I have seen at 10.5% which smacks in the face of Government advice that the average would be 3.5%. Going to be searching for another provider to switch to.

Alfie
Alfie
P Tran

P TranMelbourne

One of the cheaper covers

I only needed health insurance for tax purposes and so signed up for this one. It was the best value from what I can tell, and there was a $50 off coupon online for it too. I don't plan on claiming on anything so if you want what is called a "junk cover", this is a good option.

Health Insurance

Find out how HIF (Health Insurance Fund) compares to other Health Insurance

Andrew

Andrew

So far So good

I have HIF insurance for a few years now. I have used them for 2 shoulder surgeries and for the kids teeth and the usual physio etc. No real complaints, I just wish we could dump the junk benefits and make the policies cheaper.

Insurance claim madeYes
HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Not happy about service!!! was kept waiting on the phone for over 30mins before I got a response.(I

1.We have found the policy ok for us at this stage in our life and also quite easy to set it all up. Customer support however needs to be looked at.

60th Anniversary of HIF.

My Husband joined as a 16 year old while working with the old W.A. Govt. Railways 60 years ago. It would be great to have some recognisation of this long membership. The R.A.C. and H.B.F. afford their long term members recognition and also some benefits. I also joined in 1962 - 52 years ago. Between the two of us we have accumulated 112 years membership. Fortunately for us so far we have had very few claims but what we have claimed for has been dealt with promptly. I believe H.I.F. do not have a record beyond 1976 of long term members - is this the case?

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions