• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)

HarjitWestern Australia

Issue Resolved

HIF Resolved the genuine issue raised by myself promptly. Mistake has been fixed and the policy document has been changed as per the HIF staff conversation with me. I am happy with the outcome.

Hi Lisa,
I have responded to you by email with all the details and conversations i had with HIF about general Hospitalisation 2 months waiting period for OHVC. Thanks

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad

TristanMelbourne

Excellent value and coverage for the price until I claimed for crutches!

Tristan

I've updated the review after recent events

Lodge a claim by email

fmytMelbourne

Best value my circumstances

Insurance claim madeNo

Excellent Customer Service.

Excellent value, easy to set up, unbeatable Customer Support. Would highly recommend HIF. Was recommended to us by a third party Health Insurance reviewer and moved across after almost 15 yrs with another provider. Claim submitted and paid seamlessly. Customer service second to none (after a considerable wait but first thing consultant did was apologise for the wait). Overall, extremely professional.

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad

Claims Turn Around

I really like HIF and have no complaints about their rebate as i think compared to other funds i get a lot back. However their turn around time for claims is extremely slow, sometimes more than one week which is a bit disappointing. Surely this can be sped up particularly when everything is supplied correctly.

MG

Great Fund that I am happy to recommend!

Since I became a member in March thoughI have nothing but positive things to say about HIF...I submit claims using their app and a week later the refund is in my bank! I have also been very impressed with the amount they reimburse which seems to be significantly higher than other funds. I have been telling everyone I know to make the switch to HIF :)

MG

That's great to know about the reward card, thanks Nikki!

My Health Fund:HIF

I've been with HIF for about 8 years,and I am extremely happy with them generally, I switched when someone at HBF suggested I change my dentist due to him not being on their scheme!Customer service is friendly and genuine.Have finally installed the HIF phone app and (at age 63 )so pleased to use this rapid refund system.I've had amazing refunds on my Podiatry, not so high on dental but that has increased of late.I will not be switching!I also actually even read the newsletter full of positive news and health tips.Highly recommended.

Health Insurance

Find out how HIF (Health Insurance Fund) compares to other Health Insurance

Excellent dental coverage, decent benefits, good service

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions