Rachel Lee

Rachel LeePerth, WA

HIF rocks ! Especially Carly !

Spoke to Carly regarding claiming online as the app wasnt playing ball.
She has gone above and beyond exceeding expectations after I have had issues with my card at my naturopath visits.
This lady is truly an asset to your awesome company. I wish I switched from HBF a lot earlier.
Thank you !!!!

Claim ApprovedYes

Cass August

Cass AugustGeelong

Great cover

I signed up to HIF as it was the cheapest option with maternity cover. My hospital cover only included a 3 night stay and I ended up staying 5 nights. I knew I would need to pay a fee for those days and was pleasantly surprised at how low the fee was.
They covered all other aspects of my admission including my elective c-sections costs, and I only had to pay an excess twice, despite being admitted to hospital several times during my pregnancy.
Customer service was also great when I had questions prior to signing up.

Carlene

CarleneLaunceston

Great service HIF

As a new member with HIF the customer service has been fantastic. A big thank you to Chad and David for sorting out the problem with our previous provider nib. 10 out of 10 for sevice. Thankyou

May 6th 2018 Update: excellent service

the policy was great value very easy to set up excellent customer support. very friendly and informative staff. I would recommend hif 100% to anyone looking for a private health fund.

LMm

LMmPerth

Great Service

Back in January this year, we received an ambulance bill, for one of the kids, I was panicking about how we would pay this amount and my partner suggested contacting HIF to see if it was covered and it was!! Such a big relief, process was explained, forms posted to us, very straight forward process. Very pleased and am happy to be supporting a WA NFP business.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Perfect service. Couldn't be more helpful.

Wanted to share my recent experience with HIF. I was a bit shocked at the size of an ambulance bill. HIF took care of it within a day! They were efficient and helpful. Matt from claims was exceptional dealing with my claim in a timely manner. I signed the claims form, sent it in and didn't have to pay a cent. This really highlights to me the value of my Special Options cover with HIF and I was simply delighted with the service. In what otherwise could have been a very stressful time, HIF were happy to answer my questions and alleviate my worries immediately as well as take care of the bill as soon as I sent it in. This I why I am with HIF and feel confident working with them. Thank you guys. :)

Could not be happier!

We are delighted with the level of offerings, service and support that HIF gave before, during and after my husband's double knee replacement. So much better than our previous insurer.

Madi M

Madi M

Great experience so far!

I have had to undergo two surgeries this year and HIF has covered both with only a small out of pocket payment for an anaesthetist and a once off excess fee of $200 for the year. I don't have top hospital cover being in my early 20s but the level of cover I have has been great. I also have super extras which has been fantastic in the past couple of years having to need glasses and requiring some major dental treatment. Never had an issue with claims and HIF have always been helpful on the phone with enquiries.

FrostyCentral Queensland, QLD

Highly Recommend

Been with HIF for over 3 Years now, and highly recommend them.

Grace

Grace

Excellent Customer Service

I really love the customer service from this company. Short wait times and speak with representatives who communicate clearly and effectively. I have used the cover for hospital stays and have found claiming to be really straightforward.
My only issue is that the cost of my same level of cover has doubled in the 6 years I have been with them.

Di W

Di WBrisbane

Overall very happy with HIF

My husband and I transferred to hif from one of the major health funds due to massive price increases every year. We find hif to be very competitively priced and we like that it is a member's own fund, not a for-profit fund. When I have called, I have found my calls to be answered quite quickly. Lodging an extras claim through the app takes a few weeks to be paid, but I don't find that to be a major issue. I love that I can claim through an app....previous health fund did not even have this capability! Had to post it in or go to a branch. Very happy and have already recommended hif to a friend who joined up.

fantastic rebates on optical

I just took the family for an annual eye check. I was amazed when told by spec savers that HIF had paid the lot and that I didn't have any OP expenses! that's a pair of reading glasses each and a pair of stylish sunglasses!! HIF you rock! thank you so much !!!! I will definitely recommend you to my f&f.

No complaints here

Been with HIF since early 2016...all claims processed with ZERO fuss...premiums are competitive and service is friendly and efficient....just wish their mobile APP was better so far I am very happy with HIF

Long time members

As long time members we cannot understand these poor reviews, are the reviewers just not doing things right?
We have never ever had any issues on any claims we have made.No red tape and seamless claiming.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Easy to navigate with the best value

I spent about three weeks researching all the different health insurance funds trying to find what was best for me and HIF had by far the easiest website to navigate in terms of picking exactly what I wanted and seeing what I was getting, which was my number one reason for picking them. The fact that they were also the most competitive in terms of price for my level of cover was icing on the cake. The sign up process was a breeze, the customer service so far has been excellent, and the blog on their site has some great articles.

Happy to recommend HIF to friends and family.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Real people and compassionate decision making

Excellent Customer Service

I'm still yet to use their services if I ever need to. But during the signing up process, there was a little hiccup which needed to be resolved asap to complete my 457 Visa Application. Their Customer Service dealt with it fast and effectively.

That is the kind or service you look for when moving to a new country and search for a health insurance cover. And in the midst of some bad reviews I read here, which were left as is even after the matter was resolved. I just wanted to provide my input.

Andrew Mc

Andrew McPerth, Western Australia

Quick and No Fuss

John Barker

John BarkerMelbourne

Once again First Class Service

I have been with HIF for around 18 months, my first claim was for my Wife who spent 13 days in a Private Hospital
and we could not have had a better quick resolution. This time, off overseas. we had numerous injections and HIF picked up the bill for over half of the cost, sent in the receipts and 4 days later received a cheque, service does not get any better. Excellent Service.

Wonderful Customer Service and no fuss hospital claim

In December 2015 I broke my hand and had to have surgery. I only joined HIF in July 2015 and was worried about the claims process etc. It was so simple and all of the surgeons accounts were paid directly and I had no surprise out of pocket costs just the excess which i was told about beforehand. I very happy as i changed over from Medibank which was a large fund. I dealt with Wendy in the claims, she was very efficient and lovely to deal with!

Peace of mind!

I have needed to be hospitalised 3 times within a 12 month period as a result of surgery & complications. It was peace of mind knowing HIF took care of the related costs involved with ease & friendly customer service. Thanks HIF.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Glen E.

Glen E.asked

Hi what’s the monthly free for 2 adults without pegnacy but with Hospital cover?

Sales manager13
Sales manager13

Glen,

When I joined it was prior to the Government changes to hospital cover.
They supplied a package that would not let you exclude birth services.
Different now, you can select Silver I believe, same as gold with out all the weight loss, birth services.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Glen, thanks for getting in touch. :)

You’ll be pleased to hear that all our Hospital policies except our Gold Star Hospital Cover option exclude maternity cover. Here’s a quick link for more info on our hospital cover options which may be useful: www.hif.com.au/hospital.

I’m afraid though, it’s a bit tricky to provide an accurate quotation straight away as our prices differ based on a number of variables (including your state, rebate eligibility, the type of cover you would like, e.g. Hospital only or Hospital and Extras etc).

Would it suit for one of our product experts to give you a quick call to confirm these details? That way, they’ll be able to discuss our policy options with you and provide a detailed quotation (obligation free of course!). If that sounds ok, please can you email your contact details to social@hif.com.au and I’ll be happy to schedule that in for you. Alternatively, you can also obtain an online quote by visiting www.hif.com.au/quote.

Many thanks,
Carly.

M&M

M&Masked

I have gold cover with HIF and I would like to know if it covers skin removal after bariatric gastric sleeve. My membership number is 43811. Would you mind emailing The answer via email and this page. Thanking u in advance

Hello M&M,

Thanks for your question. Provided it has been deemed medically necessary by Medicare, skin removal is certainly included on your Gold Hospital policy. To confirm any out-of-pockets expenses though, I do need some additional information from you. Has your specialist given you a treatment plan, which includes the applicable Medicare item numbers and associated charges? If so, please can you email them directly to me on social@hif.com.au and I’ll ensure a medical estimate is completed for you.

Many thanks,

Carly Stewart

Hester Tosen

Hester Tosenasked

I am a member (Gold) No : 158127 . I have two inplants done and paid for. I now have to have the two teeth done, am I covered at all for the teeth. Please let me know by my email. Greetings Hester Tosen

Hi Hester,

Thanks for getting in touch. As requested, I forwarded your enquiry to our member experience team and a consultant will be in touch shortly to assist you.

Warm regards,