HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF rocks ! Especially Carly !

Spoke to Carly regarding claiming online as the app wasnt playing ball.
She has gone above and beyond exceeding expectations after I have had issues with my card at my naturopath visits.
This lady is truly an asset to your awesome company. I wish I switched from HBF a lot earlier.
Thank you !!!!

Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Coverage TypeSingle
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hello Rachel, Nikki here, Carly's Manager. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this fantastic feedback! Carly is indeed an asset to HIF, and it's terrific to hear that sentiment echoed from a Member's perspective. Rachel, I'm delighted to hear that you've had a great experience with HIF so far! If our team can ever be of further assistance, now or in the future, please don't hesitate to email us on social@hif.com.au. Thanks and warm regards, Nikki Atack.

Great cover

I signed up to HIF as it was the cheapest option with maternity cover. My hospital cover only included a 3 night stay and I ended up staying 5 nights. I knew I would need to pay a fee for those days and was pleasantly surprised at how low the fee was.
They covered all other aspects of my admission including my elective c-sections costs, and I only had to pay an excess twice, despite being admitted to hospital several times during my pregnancy.
Customer service was also great when I had questions prior to signing up.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Cass, Thank you for this fantastic feedback, we're so glad to hear you've had a great experience with HIF. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this review. If you ever have queries or need assistance with your HIF policy in the future, please don't hesitate to chat with me directly. You can email me any time on social@hif.com.au. In the meantime, congratulations you on the birth of your baby and we hope you're enjoying this magical time together. :) Many thanks, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Consultant)

Great service HIF

As a new member with HIF the customer service has been fantastic. A big thank you to Chad and David for sorting out the problem with our previous provider nib. 10 out of 10 for sevice. Thankyou

May 6th 2018 Update: excellent service

the policy was great value very easy to set up excellent customer support. very friendly and informative staff. I would recommend hif 100% to anyone looking for a private health fund.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hello Carlene, Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback! I will ensure a copy is passed on to Chad and David in a moment, and also to their managers for commendation. If you ever have membership queries or need assistance in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me any time on social@hif.com.au. Kindest regards, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Coordinator)

Great Service

Back in January this year, we received an ambulance bill, for one of the kids, I was panicking about how we would pay this amount and my partner suggested contacting HIF to see if it was covered and it was!! Such a big relief, process was explained, forms posted to us, very straight forward process. Very pleased and am happy to be supporting a WA NFP business.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review. I’m very sorry to hear that one of your children needed an ambulance though – I hope they’re ok now. I will share your feedback with our Member Services Manager and our Claims Team as I’m sure they will be thrilled to read this too. In the meantime, if you ever have membership queries or need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to email me direct. You can reach me any time on social@hif.com.au Warmest regards, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Consultant).

Perfect service. Couldn't be more helpful.

Wanted to share my recent experience with HIF. I was a bit shocked at the size of an ambulance bill. HIF took care of it within a day! They were efficient and helpful. Matt from claims was exceptional dealing with my claim in a timely manner. I signed the claims form, sent it in and didn't have to pay a cent. This really highlights to me the value of my Special Options cover with HIF and I was simply delighted with the service. In what otherwise could have been a very stressful time, HIF were happy to answer my questions and alleviate my worries immediately as well as take care of the bill as soon as I sent it in. This I why I am with HIF and feel confident working with them. Thank you guys. :)

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this fantastic feedback, it’s wonderful to hear you’ve had such a positive claiming experience with HIF. I will share your review with our Member Services Manager and our Claims Team as I’m sure they will be thrilled to read this too. In the meantime, if you ever have membership queries or need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to email me direct. You can reach me any time on social@hif.com.au Warmest regards, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Consultant).

Could not be happier!

We are delighted with the level of offerings, service and support that HIF gave before, during and after my husband's double knee replacement. So much better than our previous insurer.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello KBorgelt, Thank you for taking the time to share this terrific feedback! I'm delighted to hear that HIF was able to help you get your husband back on his feet following his surgery, I hope he's recovering well now. If I can ever be of assistance in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can email me any time on social@hif.com.au. Thanks and best wishes, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Consultant)

Great experience so far!

I have had to undergo two surgeries this year and HIF has covered both with only a small out of pocket payment for an anaesthetist and a once off excess fee of $200 for the year. I don't have top hospital cover being in my early 20s but the level of cover I have has been great. I also have super extras which has been fantastic in the past couple of years having to need glasses and requiring some major dental treatment. Never had an issue with claims and HIF have always been helpful on the phone with enquiries.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Madi. Thank you for posting this terrific review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback, and I hope you had a speedy recovery from your surgeries. Best wishes, Nikki Atack HIF Marketing Manager

Highly Recommend

Been with HIF for over 3 Years now, and highly recommend them.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Jojo, Thank you for taking the time to share this terrific feedback. We love to hear from happy HIF members and I'll ensure your comments are passed on to our whole team here. If you ever need assistance in the future or you have a query about your HIF policy, please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me anytime directly on social@hif.com.au. Many thanks, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Consultant)Hi Kelsey, Just wanted to say that wasn't all of my review, I had a lot more written out about HIF, I may have accidentally deleted it. Never had any problems on making claims on Extras, just need to remember to use your extras & make claims before 31st December every year! With many phone calls to HIF, there customer service is fantastic & very helpful & there website is very easy to use & understand. 2 negative :) I paid my $200 excess on hospital cover in November 2017 & now if I have to return back to hospital in the new year, I'll have to pay it again. I think you should get a full year out excess hospital cover & mine should reset now in November 2018. You never know when during the year you need to use hospital cover. and 2nd negatative with extras we have a family policy, just curious to know why we each have our own allowance? For example my hubby would use massage & chiro a lot more then I would & he doesn't need optical & scripts as I would use them more. It would be good if it can be a shared family extras for whoever would need them the most in the family. (Hope that makes sense) However having said that, it maybe out of HIF's control. They also have pet & travel Insurance, I'm looking forward to apply for travel insurance next time we go on our next holiday! A BIG 2 thumbs up from me! No worries at all, it’s great to hear that you’ve had such positive experiences with our Claims and Member Services Teams. :) With regards to your feedback about excesses and shared family allowances, please rest assured that we really appreciate your suggestions and will pass them on to our Product Development Committee for review. If I can be of any assistance in the future regarding pet or travel insurance queries though, please feel free to contact me directly on social@hif.com.au. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Kelsey

Excellent Customer Service

I really love the customer service from this company. Short wait times and speak with representatives who communicate clearly and effectively. I have used the cover for hospital stays and have found claiming to be really straightforward.
My only issue is that the cost of my same level of cover has doubled in the 6 years I have been with them.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi L, Thank you for your review, that’s wonderful to hear! I really appreciate you taking the time to share such terrific feedback. If you ever have queries or need assistance with your HIF policy in the future, please don't hesitate to chat with me directly. You can email me any time on social@hif.com.au. In the meantime, I will share your message with the whole team here as they love to read positive reviews like this. :) Thanks and warm regards, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Consultant)

Overall very happy with HIF

My husband and I transferred to hif from one of the major health funds due to massive price increases every year. We find hif to be very competitively priced and we like that it is a member's own fund, not a for-profit fund. When I have called, I have found my calls to be answered quite quickly. Lodging an extras claim through the app takes a few weeks to be paid, but I don't find that to be a major issue. I love that I can claim through an app....previous health fund did not even have this capability! Had to post it in or go to a branch. Very happy and have already recommended hif to a friend who joined up.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Di W, Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We’re very proud to be a not-for-profit health fund, so to hear feedback like this really does make our day. I’m also delighted to hear your comments regarding our mobile app and that you’re recommending friends to HIF too. I hope they mentioned your name at the time of joining, as you'll receive a bonus $70 eftpos gift card for each new member you send our way as a thank you. In the meantime, if you ever have a query regarding your HIF policy, please don't hesitate to email me direct. You can reach me any time on social@hif.com.au Warmest regards, Maureen Kelly (Digital Marketing Consultant).

fantastic rebates on optical

I just took the family for an annual eye check. I was amazed when told by spec savers that HIF had paid the lot and that I didn't have any OP expenses! that's a pair of reading glasses each and a pair of stylish sunglasses!! HIF you rock! thank you so much !!!! I will definitely recommend you to my f&f.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Channa, Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback, it’s fantastic to hear you’ve had such a positive claiming experience with HIF. I will share your review with our Member Experience Manager and our Claims Team as I’m sure they will be thrilled to read this too. In the meantime, if you ever have membership queries or need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to email me direct. You can reach me any time on social@hif.com.au Warmest regards, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Consultant).

No complaints here

Been with HIF since early 2016...all claims processed with ZERO fuss...premiums are competitive and service is friendly and efficient....just wish their mobile APP was better so far I am very happy with HIF

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Alexaki, Thank you for your review! I'm delighted to hear that you're a happy HIF member, and I appreciate your feedback about our mobile app too. You'll be pleased to know that we're currently working on some significant app enhancements, but in the meantime I'd love to know more about any issues you've been having with SmartClaim. Would you mind emailing through some more information please? You can contact me any time on social@hif.com.au. Warm regards, Nikki Dale (HIF Digital Manager)

Long time members

As long time members we cannot understand these poor reviews, are the reviewers just not doing things right?
We have never ever had any issues on any claims we have made.No red tape and seamless claiming.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Ian, Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful feedback! It's great to hear from a long term member and we really appreciate you taking the time to post this review. Warmest regards, Nikki Dale (HIF Digital Manager)

Easy to navigate with the best value

I spent about three weeks researching all the different health insurance funds trying to find what was best for me and HIF had by far the easiest website to navigate in terms of picking exactly what I wanted and seeing what I was getting, which was my number one reason for picking them. The fact that they were also the most competitive in terms of price for my level of cover was icing on the cake. The sign up process was a breeze, the customer service so far has been excellent, and the blog on their site has some great articles.

Happy to recommend HIF to friends and family.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hello Whitney, Thank you for your review, that’s wonderful to hear! I really appreciate you taking the time to share such terrific feedback; and as HIF’s Digital Manager, your comments about our website were particularly great to read. I’m so glad that you’re enjoying our blog too. :) I’m also delighted to hear that you plan to recommend HIF to friends and family! Just in case you weren’t aware, we actually reward successful member referrals with a $70 gift card; so if any of your friends do choose to join us, make sure they pop your name on their application form and then you can enjoy some retail therapy on us. Full details on our member loyalty program can be found here: www.hif.com.au/referafriend In the meantime, if you ever have membership queries or need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to email me direct. You can reach me any time on social@hif.com.au Warmest regards, Nikki Dale (HIF Digital Manager)

Real people and compassionate decision making

Just wanted to share a recent positive experience. I had a accident and I needed to go in for follow up surgery 9 months down the track. The emergency side of things was sorted in the public system but the wait time for for the follow up in the public system was 12 months plus. Private was 4 weeks.

HIF rang me after the private hospital contacted them for some more info. The person on the phone indicated that the level of cover I had may not cover the procedure at all and she would check with her manager. I franticly downloaded the PDS to formulate an argument if they denied the claim. The PDS was clear and in plain language and it was clear that the procedure would not be covered (fair enough as I had the cheapest, crappiest cover available).

To my surprise they rang back and had made the decision to cover the operation.

In my experience this is unheard of and I deeply appreciate the decision. This shows to me that they see their customers as people and not policies. I will be a HIF customer for life and will be recommending. Thanks

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Nick, Thank you for taking the time to share this review! I was very sorry to learn of your accident, but I'm delighted that HIF was able to help you get back on your feet. As a not-for-profit, member-owned health fund, we always strive to provide the very best service to our customers; and I'm glad that in your case, we were able to make the experience less painful in the financial sense. I hope you're recovering well now, Nick, and if I can ever be of assistance in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can email me any time on social@hif.com.au. Thanks and best wishes, Nikki Dale (Digital Manager)

Excellent Customer Service

I'm still yet to use their services if I ever need to. But during the signing up process, there was a little hiccup which needed to be resolved asap to complete my 457 Visa Application. Their Customer Service dealt with it fast and effectively.

That is the kind or service you look for when moving to a new country and search for a health insurance cover. And in the midst of some bad reviews I read here, which were left as is even after the matter was resolved. I just wanted to provide my input.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hello Antonio, Thank you for sharing this wonderful review! I'm delighted to welcome you as a new HIF member, and I hope you have a brilliant time 'Down Under'. If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. You can contact me directly by emailing social@hif.com.au Warm regards, Nikki Dale (Digital Manager)

Quick and No Fuss

April 2015, had a leg infection sprung on me while holidaying in Queensland. Now very recently been slugged a $1,100 bill by the Queensland Ambos, but however, due to some demonstration of incompetence by QLD government, they stuffed up my postal address and given that I never received an account from them, deferred me to the debit collectors.

While the debit collectors had also used the incorrect postal address, was by pure luck had a postie who had some brains and sent it to my actual address, and while after some choice words were yelled out while recovering from a case of bill-shock, sourced the bill and paid the debit collectors after complaining in writing that some idiot stuffed my postal address up.

Any who, sent the whole lot to HIF to get the money reimbursed, 5 days later the money is sitting in my bank account. No kicking and screaming, no incorrect address used saga, no filing cabinets worth of documents like other insurance would've (like that travel insurer that I used).

I would strongly recommend HIF to anybody.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Andrew, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review. I hope your leg is all better now, and I'm delighted that we could ease the pain regarding your ambulance claim! If you ever have membership queries or need assistance in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me any time on social@hif.com.au. Warm regards, Nikki Dale (Digital Manager)

Once again First Class Service

I have been with HIF for around 18 months, my first claim was for my Wife who spent 13 days in a Private Hospital
and we could not have had a better quick resolution. This time, off overseas. we had numerous injections and HIF picked up the bill for over half of the cost, sent in the receipts and 4 days later received a cheque, service does not get any better. Excellent Service.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello John, Thank you very much for sharing this review, we really appreciate your feedback and I'll be sure to share your wonderful comments with our Claims Department. I hope you had a fantastic trip overseas, and all the best for 2016. Warm regards, Nikki Dale (HIF Digital Manager)

Wonderful Customer Service and no fuss hospital claim

In December 2015 I broke my hand and had to have surgery. I only joined HIF in July 2015 and was worried about the claims process etc. It was so simple and all of the surgeons accounts were paid directly and I had no surprise out of pocket costs just the excess which i was told about beforehand. I very happy as i changed over from Medibank which was a large fund. I dealt with Wendy in the claims, she was very efficient and lovely to deal with!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hello Jen, Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback! I will ensure a copy is passed on to Wendy in a moment, and also to her manager for commendation. I hope your hand is recovering well, and if you ever have membership queries or need assistance in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me any time on social@hif.com.au. Kindest regards, Nikki Dale (HIF Digital Manager)

Peace of mind!

I have needed to be hospitalised 3 times within a 12 month period as a result of surgery & complications. It was peace of mind knowing HIF took care of the related costs involved with ease & friendly customer service. Thanks HIF.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Helen, What lovely feedback to receive - thank you! I'm sorry to hear that you've spent so much time in hospital this year though, I hope you're recovering well and feeling much better now. If you ever have queries or need assistance with your HIF policy in the future, please don't hesitate to chat with me directly. You can email me any time on social@hif.com.au. In the meantime, I will share your message with the whole team here as they love to read positive reviews like this. :) Thanks and warm regards, Nikki Dale (Digital Manager)

As a provider what health fund provider number do I need for my patients to get a receipt
Hi Sue, Thanks so much for getting in touch! I can certainly help you with this, but we do need a little more information first though. Would you mind emailing me directly on social@hif.com.au and I’ll ensure our Claims Manager gets in contact with you as soon as possible. Thanks Sue, and I’ll look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards Carly Stewart (Digital Marketing Consultant)Thank you Carly, I called the HIF yesterday and was told that I could use my Medicare provider number. So looks like it’s all done already and my client has his invoice and receipt. Sue

Hi To cover GP and pathology cost what cover I should take for my Mum? She is on visitor visa 600 in WA. How many percent HIF cover for GP and blood testes? Thanks
Hi Deep, Thanks for getting in touch and its wonderful to hear you’re considering HIF for your Mum. For the services you’ve mentioned above, you’d need to purchase our Visitor Value Policy. This is our intermediate hospital and medical insurance option and would cover your Mum for a shared room in a public or contracted private hospital, plus some out of-hospital medical expenses such as x-rays, GP visits and outpatient pathology. In terms of the benefits payable, HIF will pay 100% of the Government’s Medicare Benefit Schedule (MBS) amount for each medical item number. So, any out-of-pocket expenses would then depend on how much the doctor or specialist would charge you for their services. It is important to note though Deep, that we can only offer overseas visitor cover to people aged 64 and under. If your Mum is over this age, then unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to cover her – sorry about that. In case it helps, you can find a complete breakdown of the inclusions, exclusions and the applicable waiting period for each service on our Non-Working Visa Comparison Table here: www.hif.com.au/health-insurance/visitor-cover/non-working-visa Alternatively, if it would help I’d be more than happy to put you in touch with one of our product experts? They’ll be able to provide you with some costs, plus answer any other questions you may have. If that sounds ok, please email me directly on social@hif.com.au with your contact details and a convenient time to talk and I’ll schedule this in for you. Many thanks, Carly Stewart (Digital Marketing Consultant)

Has anyone had weight lose surgery with HIF any issues with claiming ?? I have Gold Hosp for nearly 12 mths !! These are some numbers and types of surgery I was thinking about { Below info from a clinic } Adjustable Gastric Banding: 31569 (previously 30511) Sleeve Gastrectomy: 31575 (previously 30518) Gastric Bypass: 31572 (previously 30512) also there is a new one called Laparoscopic gastric greater curve plication, .{ at the moment this one is not covered by private health cover but can Hosp and other services be claimed}??? Thanks any info will be helpful .
Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. With regards to weight loss surgery, this is certainly included on your Gold Hospital cover, providing it’s deemed medically necessary by Medicare and that you’ve served your 12 month waiting period with HIF on this level of cover. As some out-of-pocket expenses may be incurred though, we always advise our members to provide HIF with an itemised medical estimate prior to being admitted to hospital. That way, we'll be able to confirm how much you can claim back and ensure any out-of-pockets are kept to a minimum. As you've provided those details above, please feel free to email me your HIF Membership number on social@hif.com.au and I’ll ensure a medical benefit estimate is generated for you. I hope this helps, but if there’s anything else I can assist with, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, Kelsey Donnelly (Digital Marketing Consultant)

Similar listings