• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (0)

Covered when you need

My wife was admitted for emergency back surgery. Very stressful situation. I spoke to HIF literally 30min before she was admitted and they were very helpful with the process etc
HIF were there when we needed and I would recommend.
Thanks!

Shall do! Thanks!!

James
JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best private health

I have been a member for 5+ years and have added my wife and now newborn son to our cover. The cover is brilliant and covers all our needs for a affordable price. Every time I have contacted HIF the staff are so friendly and helpful. Every claim I have made has been paid and the team make sure everything is sorted so promptly.

Ravshan U.
Ravshan U.Perth, WA

I can't be more thankful!

I was with them from early 2011 till 2013 on overseas visitor hospital cover. My wife joined a few month later.
11 month after my wife joining HIF our first child was born and needed intensive care, and hospital costs came to about 20k. Due to her not having completed 12 month waiting period HIF first declined to cover these costs. However after I mentioned that they have earlier had told me over the phone that it would be covered (wrongly assuming me and my wife joined at the same time), they quickly (within hour) investigated the recorded calls and told me they will accept the claim.
We were of course over the moon! That time 20k was hell lot of money that we didn't have.
Belated thanks to HIF!

Mrs APerth, WA

A very happy HIF member.

Mrs A

David, what a lovely response! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and caring reply. My husband and I are doing great now thanks, both happy and healthy thanks to HIF. :) Take care and keep up the great work!

Bertie59
Bertie59Perth, WA

Glad I made the switch

Up until recently, I was with another insurer and paying a very high premium. I recently switched to HIF and while I slightly lowered my cover, I have managed to save a lot of money and still be covered for the things I need. I signed up over the phone and the salesperson, Gavin, was friendly and knowledgeable and made everything easy for me to understand (I'm a bit of a technophobe!). So far I'm very happy with the service and the benefits I've received for my optical and dental claims. I'm glad I've made the switch.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Adrian WA
Adrian WAPerth, WA

HIF saved me $$$ at the dentist

I went to the dentist for a check up and clean. I had only recently moved over to HIF and wasn't exactly sure how much they would cover. I was pleasantly surprised that they covered a huge chunk of the amount. I was really impressed and glad I made the move.

Michael
MichaelPerth, WA

Excellent Service

Rachel Lee
Rachel LeePerth, WA

HIF rocks ! Especially Carly !

Spoke to Carly regarding claiming online as the app wasnt playing ball.
She has gone above and beyond exceeding expectations after I have had issues with my card at my naturopath visits.
This lady is truly an asset to your awesome company. I wish I switched from HBF a lot earlier.
Thank you !!!!

Cass August
Cass AugustGeelong

Great cover

I signed up to HIF as it was the cheapest option with maternity cover. My hospital cover only included a 3 night stay and I ended up staying 5 nights. I knew I would need to pay a fee for those days and was pleasantly surprised at how low the fee was.
They covered all other aspects of my admission including my elective c-sections costs, and I only had to pay an excess twice, despite being admitted to hospital several times during my pregnancy.
Customer service was also great when I had questions prior to signing up.

Carlene
CarleneLaunceston

Great service HIF

As a new member with HIF the customer service has been fantastic. A big thank you to Chad and David for sorting out the problem with our previous provider nib. 10 out of 10 for sevice. Thankyou

May 6th 2018 Update: excellent service

the policy was great value very easy to set up excellent customer support. very friendly and informative staff. I would recommend hif 100% to anyone looking for a private health fund.

Insurance claim madeNo
LMm
LMmPerth

Great Service

Back in January this year, we received an ambulance bill, for one of the kids, I was panicking about how we would pay this amount and my partner suggested contacting HIF to see if it was covered and it was!! Such a big relief, process was explained, forms posted to us, very straight forward process. Very pleased and am happy to be supporting a WA NFP business.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Perfect service. Couldn't be more helpful.

Wanted to share my recent experience with HIF. I was a bit shocked at the size of an ambulance bill. HIF took care of it within a day! They were efficient and helpful. Matt from claims was exceptional dealing with my claim in a timely manner. I signed the claims form, sent it in and didn't have to pay a cent. This really highlights to me the value of my Special Options cover with HIF and I was simply delighted with the service. In what otherwise could have been a very stressful time, HIF were happy to answer my questions and alleviate my worries immediately as well as take care of the bill as soon as I sent it in. This I why I am with HIF and feel confident working with them. Thank you guys. :)

Could not be happier!

We are delighted with the level of offerings, service and support that HIF gave before, during and after my husband's double knee replacement. So much better than our previous insurer.

Madi M
Madi MDarling Downs, QLD

Great experience so far!

I have had to undergo two surgeries this year and HIF has covered both with only a small out of pocket payment for an anaesthetist and a once off excess fee of $200 for the year. I don't have top hospital cover being in my early 20s but the level of cover I have has been great. I also have super extras which has been fantastic in the past couple of years having to need glasses and requiring some major dental treatment. Never had an issue with claims and HIF have always been helpful on the phone with enquiries.

FrostyCentral Queensland, QLD

Highly Recommend

Been with HIF for over 3 Years now, and highly recommend them.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

kevin b
kevin basked

I have gold star hospital & super extras, can I claim for A REPLACEMENT PILLOW MASK for my existing machine, which had before joining HIF, I have been a member for over 4 years

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting in touch. So that I can investigate this for you and look into your policy includions, do you mind sending through your HIF member number to our email address: social@hif.com.au.

From here we can access your policy and give you a better idea of what you are covered for.

Kind regards,
Ricky @ HIF.

Peter McNess
Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions