• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (0)

Covered when you need

My wife was admitted for emergency back surgery. Very stressful situation. I spoke to HIF literally 30min before she was admitted and they were very helpful with the process etc
HIF were there when we needed and I would recommend.
Thanks!

Shall do! Thanks!!

James

JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best private health

I have been a member for 5+ years and have added my wife and now newborn son to our cover. The cover is brilliant and covers all our needs for a affordable price. Every time I have contacted HIF the staff are so friendly and helpful. Every claim I have made has been paid and the team make sure everything is sorted so promptly.

Julie S.

Julie S.Sydney, NSW

Touch and go

Ravshan U.

Ravshan U.Perth, WA

I can't be more thankful!

I was with them from early 2011 till 2013 on overseas visitor hospital cover. My wife joined a few month later.
11 month after my wife joining HIF our first child was born and needed intensive care, and hospital costs came to about 20k. Due to her not having completed 12 month waiting period HIF first declined to cover these costs. However after I mentioned that they have earlier had told me over the phone that it would be covered (wrongly assuming me and my wife joined at the same time), they quickly (within hour) investigated the recorded calls and told me they will accept the claim.
We were of course over the moon! That time 20k was hell lot of money that we didn't have.
Belated thanks to HIF!

Mrs APerth, WA

A very happy HIF member.

Mrs A

David, what a lovely response! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and caring reply. My husband and I are doing great now thanks, both happy and healthy thanks to HIF. :) Take care and keep up the great work!

Bertie59

Bertie59Perth, WA

Glad I made the switch

Up until recently, I was with another insurer and paying a very high premium. I recently switched to HIF and while I slightly lowered my cover, I have managed to save a lot of money and still be covered for the things I need. I signed up over the phone and the salesperson, Gavin, was friendly and knowledgeable and made everything easy for me to understand (I'm a bit of a technophobe!). So far I'm very happy with the service and the benefits I've received for my optical and dental claims. I'm glad I've made the switch.

Adrian WA

Adrian WAPerth, WA

HIF saved me $$$ at the dentist

I went to the dentist for a check up and clean. I had only recently moved over to HIF and wasn't exactly sure how much they would cover. I was pleasantly surprised that they covered a huge chunk of the amount. I was really impressed and glad I made the move.

Michael

MichaelPerth, WA

Excellent Service

Sales manager13

Sales manager13Cairns

Poor communication, useless web site

Still waiting for a $150 gift card, now 7 months.
The new web site is a total disaster, insufficient information regarding my policy.
You now have to phone to get your remaining extras amounts, this entails a very long wait for you call to be answered.
WA is not that far from Qld but it could be on the other side of the World when dealing with this company.

Claim MadeNo

Rachel Lee

Rachel LeePerth, WA

HIF rocks ! Especially Carly !

Spoke to Carly regarding claiming online as the app wasnt playing ball.
She has gone above and beyond exceeding expectations after I have had issues with my card at my naturopath visits.
This lady is truly an asset to your awesome company. I wish I switched from HBF a lot earlier.
Thank you !!!!

Cass August

Cass AugustGeelong

Great cover

I signed up to HIF as it was the cheapest option with maternity cover. My hospital cover only included a 3 night stay and I ended up staying 5 nights. I knew I would need to pay a fee for those days and was pleasantly surprised at how low the fee was.
They covered all other aspects of my admission including my elective c-sections costs, and I only had to pay an excess twice, despite being admitted to hospital several times during my pregnancy.
Customer service was also great when I had questions prior to signing up.

Was amazing... unitill they took $800 out of my account

Carlene

CarleneLaunceston

Great service HIF

As a new member with HIF the customer service has been fantastic. A big thank you to Chad and David for sorting out the problem with our previous provider nib. 10 out of 10 for sevice. Thankyou

May 6th 2018 Update: excellent service

the policy was great value very easy to set up excellent customer support. very friendly and informative staff. I would recommend hif 100% to anyone looking for a private health fund.

Insurance claim madeNo
LMm

LMmPerth

Great Service

Back in January this year, we received an ambulance bill, for one of the kids, I was panicking about how we would pay this amount and my partner suggested contacting HIF to see if it was covered and it was!! Such a big relief, process was explained, forms posted to us, very straight forward process. Very pleased and am happy to be supporting a WA NFP business.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Perfect service. Couldn't be more helpful.

Wanted to share my recent experience with HIF. I was a bit shocked at the size of an ambulance bill. HIF took care of it within a day! They were efficient and helpful. Matt from claims was exceptional dealing with my claim in a timely manner. I signed the claims form, sent it in and didn't have to pay a cent. This really highlights to me the value of my Special Options cover with HIF and I was simply delighted with the service. In what otherwise could have been a very stressful time, HIF were happy to answer my questions and alleviate my worries immediately as well as take care of the bill as soon as I sent it in. This I why I am with HIF and feel confident working with them. Thank you guys. :)

Could not be happier!

We are delighted with the level of offerings, service and support that HIF gave before, during and after my husband's double knee replacement. So much better than our previous insurer.

Dianne W

Dianne WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Diasppointing

Switched to HIF Gold cover 3 yrs ago, was going to be $3500.00 out of pocket for husbands sinus surgery so decided to go public, wait time 3 months and no cost. Not one of 9 surgeons contacted participated in hif gap scheme and yet their premiums have gone up substantially since joining, will be switching. Very disappointed

Insurance claim madeNo
Madi M

Madi MDarling Downs, QLD

Great experience so far!

I have had to undergo two surgeries this year and HIF has covered both with only a small out of pocket payment for an anaesthetist and a once off excess fee of $200 for the year. I don't have top hospital cover being in my early 20s but the level of cover I have has been great. I also have super extras which has been fantastic in the past couple of years having to need glasses and requiring some major dental treatment. Never had an issue with claims and HIF have always been helpful on the phone with enquiries.

FrostyCentral Queensland, QLD

Highly Recommend

Been with HIF for over 3 Years now, and highly recommend them.

Grace

Grace

Excellent Customer Service

I really love the customer service from this company. Short wait times and speak with representatives who communicate clearly and effectively. I have used the cover for hospital stays and have found claiming to be really straightforward.
My only issue is that the cost of my same level of cover has doubled in the 6 years I have been with them.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions