3.7

• <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No

Covered when you need

My wife was admitted for emergency back surgery. Very stressful situation. I spoke to HIF literally 30min before she was admitted and they were very helpful with the process etc
HIF were there when we needed and I would recommend.
Thanks!

Coverage TypeFamily
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Shall do! Thanks!!

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
James

JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best private health

I have been a member for 5+ years and have added my wife and now newborn son to our cover. The cover is brilliant and covers all our needs for a affordable price. Every time I have contacted HIF the staff are so friendly and helpful. Every claim I have made has been paid and the team make sure everything is sorted so promptly.

Coverage TypeFamily
Ravshan U.

Ravshan U.Perth, WA

I can't be more thankful!

I was with them from early 2011 till 2013 on overseas visitor hospital cover. My wife joined a few month later.
11 month after my wife joining HIF our first child was born and needed intensive care, and hospital costs came to about 20k. Due to her not having completed 12 month waiting period HIF first declined to cover these costs. However after I mentioned that they have earlier had told me over the phone that it would be covered (wrongly assuming me and my wife joined at the same time), they quickly (within hour) investigated the recorded calls and told me they will accept the claim.
We were of course over the moon! That time 20k was hell lot of money that we didn't have.
Belated thanks to HIF!

A very happy HIF member.

Coverage TypeCouple
Claim DateApril 2020
Mrs A

David, what a lovely response! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and caring reply. My husband and I are doing great now thanks, both happy and healthy thanks to HIF. :) Take care and keep up the great work!

Bertie59

Bertie59Perth, WA

Glad I made the switch

Up until recently, I was with another insurer and paying a very high premium. I recently switched to HIF and while I slightly lowered my cover, I have managed to save a lot of money and still be covered for the things I need. I signed up over the phone and the salesperson, Gavin, was friendly and knowledgeable and made everything easy for me to understand (I'm a bit of a technophobe!). So far I'm very happy with the service and the benefits I've received for my optical and dental claims. I'm glad I've made the switch.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Michael

MichaelPerth, WA

Excellent Service

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
Rachel Lee

Rachel LeePerth, WA

HIF rocks ! Especially Carly !

Spoke to Carly regarding claiming online as the app wasnt playing ball.
She has gone above and beyond exceeding expectations after I have had issues with my card at my naturopath visits.
This lady is truly an asset to your awesome company. I wish I switched from HBF a lot earlier.
Thank you !!!!

Claim DateMarch 2019
See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions