HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 2 of 3)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (0)

Easy to navigate with the best value

I spent about three weeks researching all the different health insurance funds trying to find what was best for me and HIF had by far the easiest website to navigate in terms of picking exactly what I wanted and seeing what I was getting, which was my number one reason for picking them. The fact that they were also the most competitive in terms of price for my level of cover was icing on the cake. The sign up process was a breeze, the customer service so far has been excellent, and the blog on their site has some great articles.

Happy to recommend HIF to friends and family.

Ad

Real people and compassionate decision making

Excellent Customer Service

I'm still yet to use their services if I ever need to. But during the signing up process, there was a little hiccup which needed to be resolved asap to complete my 457 Visa Application. Their Customer Service dealt with it fast and effectively.

That is the kind or service you look for when moving to a new country and search for a health insurance cover. And in the midst of some bad reviews I read here, which were left as is even after the matter was resolved. I just wanted to provide my input.

Andrew Mc

Andrew McPerth, Western Australia

Quick and No Fuss

John Barker

John BarkerMelbourne

Once again First Class Service

I have been with HIF for around 18 months, my first claim was for my Wife who spent 13 days in a Private Hospital
and we could not have had a better quick resolution. This time, off overseas. we had numerous injections and HIF picked up the bill for over half of the cost, sent in the receipts and 4 days later received a cheque, service does not get any better. Excellent Service.

Jen M

Jen M

Wonderful Customer Service and no fuss hospital claim

In December 2015 I broke my hand and had to have surgery. I only joined HIF in July 2015 and was worried about the claims process etc. It was so simple and all of the surgeons accounts were paid directly and I had no surprise out of pocket costs just the excess which i was told about beforehand. I very happy as i changed over from Medibank which was a large fund. I dealt with Wendy in the claims, she was very efficient and lovely to deal with!

Peace of mind!

I have needed to be hospitalised 3 times within a 12 month period as a result of surgery & complications. It was peace of mind knowing HIF took care of the related costs involved with ease & friendly customer service. Thanks HIF.

great service

Very good service provider. Great communication with customers and great value. Staff are very helpful and website is easy to use and informative.

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Super easy mobile app claiming

I couldn't be happier with how easy it was to claim on my recent glasses purchase. Click, click, click to take some photos of the receipt with my phone, and a few days later the rebate is in my account with no fuss. Thanks :)

Great!

I've been with hif for many years and found them to be very helpful and have never had a problem with the staff.
Sure sometimes things take time ie claims but what about other companies I'm sure they would be the same if not worse
I've had lots of surgeries and never had any problems when dealing with hif and have recommended them with highest regard to all my friends. Some doctors in perth over charge that's why you end up with a bill you just have to check before you commit and that's not hif fault. So far I'm delighted with their customer service and intend staying with them

Natalie
Natalie

Thanks I emailed you the details and would be happy to assist

UncleRico

UncleRicoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pretty straight forward fund, member owned

We switched to HIF, and the switch took a few weeks to get processed but I found their call center helpful, they have a useful app for claiming, and they had good value coverage. The fact that they are a member owned fund suggests they're more likely to care for their customers. So far so good!

bronty_saurusAU

Cheapest with Obstetrics Cover, always provide good service

bronty_saurus

Thanks for the info about claiming. I will remember for next time.

Recommend hif

I have always found HIF, to be the best of all health funds. I work in healthcare and always recommend them because its easy, hassle free and they are lovely to deal with. i have done my wisdom teeth, my partner has had 2 knee surgeries and now I'm pregnant so confident that I have chosen the right health fund to cover everything.

Rach
Rach
Lucy

Lucy

HIF - Top Customer Service

I joined three different health insurances in the past but ended up switching due to rude, incompetent and SLOW customer service with all of them.
Since switching to HIF a year ago I had no problems with customer service, claims or policy changes. Just recently I claimed another remedial massage and received my money in no time.
Thank you for the polite, friendly and competent customer service.
Keep up the good work!
And the low premium increases of course :-)

First claim was faultless

Any insurance company is ultimately only as good as how they handle claims and having swapped very recently from one of the largest funds this was my first test. I am pleased to say that the claim process could not have been quicker and the amount paid back I believe was equal to, if not a little more than my previous provider would have paid.

Customer service

Claiming is so easy

I have recently changed from Frank (GMHBA) as they didn't offer a rebate for speech therapy. My premium only went up $2.50 per fortnight, but the increase in amount I can claim on speech and dental well and truely outweighs that. My first claim via the app was so easy and money was in my bank 2 days later. (I'm still waiting on my previous insurer to pay a bill from 3 weeks ago). Great, affordable cover for a family needing insurance but not wanting to pay the earth! Highly recommended

tinsley99

tinsley99Perth

Joined In March And Made My First Claim Easily

I got a letter recently from my insurer alerting me to large increase to my premium so shopped around and found HIF. They had a good joining bonus and my first claim went through easily. I also have a friend who has been with them for years who also said they were great.
Price, Claim process
Need national offices

FerrisBueller

FerrisBuellerPerth

Simple claims and great coverage

Hello Ferris,
Thank you for your fantastic review! We really appreciate you taking the time to contribute this feedback to ProductReview.com.au.
Kind regards,
Nikki Dale - HIF Digital Manager

Excellent Customer Service

I have had the intermediate overseas visitor's coverage for a year and have found the claims process to be easy and prompt. Customer service is excellent and very helpful. My partner is a resident and also uses HIF for dental and other extras coverage and we both have had positive experiences. Would definitely recommend to friends.
Reliable, competitive prices

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions