HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

HIF (Health Insurance Fund) (page 3 of 3)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (0)
old member

old memberPerth

HIF Client

I have been a member for over 50 years, and despite a few very expensive dental treatments, orthopaedic and heart operations, there has never been any doubt that HIF will be there for me without any hesitation, and without causing me any doubt as to the outcome.
A highly recommended t organisation
Very reliable and easy to deal with.

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
Shumway

ShumwayMelbourne, VIC

They answer the phone

Switched from NIB and have been very happy. GoldStarter Hospital & Super Options. They cover the majority of my dental work so I'm out of pocket only 20 bucks on a 200 dollar bill. They will also be covering me almost 3 times more for my upcoming orthodontic work than NIB did. One of the biggest gripes I had with NIB was waiting sometimes an hour on the phone. HIF answer the phone with a few minutes every time I've called.
High coverage for dental. Accesible call center.
Website, difficult to find the document you need.

Duncan

DuncanPerth, WA

So far so good

So far for me their cover and service has been excellent. I switched to them from HBF to HIF when my personal circumstances changed, and chose them as my friend who is my dentist isn't on the HBF dentist scheme so it was good to be able to go see her and still get it mostly paid for by HIF. On the one occasion my card didn't work as the HICAPS system at the dentist was on the blink, I used their app and had it processed the next day.
Good dental cover, friendly staff, quick processing
Would like them to cover more online contact lens places

Health Insurance

Find out how HIF (Health Insurance Fund) compares to other Health Insurance

Worth joining for the dental cover alone!

Our family swapped from HBF to HIF recently after our family dentist moved locations and was suddenly no longer an HBF 'participating provider'. This meant that if we wanted to keep seeing him, we'd be seriously out of pocket on dental claims in future. We subsequently switched to HIF because they don't limit members to only using certain dentists (and other types of providers too), and we've found that the benefits we're getting back now are actually better than HBF's ever were. The price of their extras cover is much cheaper than HBF too, very happy overall so far :)
Local, cheap, ticks all the boxes in terms of our healthcare needs.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews

Peter McNess

Peter McNessasked

Hello
This is Peter Mcness one of your members.
Please let me know, what is the incentive reward for getting a family member or friend to switch from Medibank to HIF?

HIF
HIF

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question. It’s our preference to reward our existing members which is why we have our member referral program. If you recommend HIF to family or friends, make sure they mention your name when joining as you'll be rewarded with a $70 eftpos card for each successful referral (and there's no limit to how many you can earn!). Information on our Member Rewards Program can be found on our website if you’re interested in finding out more: www.hif.com.au/members/member-rewards

Peter, if you have any more questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email me directly at social@hif.com.au.

Warm regards, Lisa.

glenvilleasked

I am currently a member of HIF on Goldstar basic. I suffer from sleep apnea. If I buy a Cpap Machine, can I claim something from the fund? glenvilleaitken@gmial.com. Thank you.

Hello Glenville,

Thanks for your question. We certainly do pay a rebate on CPAP machines however it’s included on our Super or Premium Options Extras Covers (not Hospital cover) within the External Prosthesis / Medical Appliance category. Here's a quick overview of what can be claimed:

One machine can be claimed every 5 years from the previous supply (per person) and the benefit will be deducted from the Prosthesis annual limit of $1,500. The benefits payable are:
$300 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 3-5 years.
$600 for Members who've held Super or Premium Options for 5+ years.

It’s important to note though, that a 3-year waiting period would apply for this service should you wish to add Extras cover to your existing hospital cover. I hope this helps, however, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak with one of our Product Experts, feel free to email me directly at social@hif.com.au and I can arrange this for you.

Take care, Lisa.

glenville

Thanks, i also rang and found out same info.

Tina R.

Tina R.asked

Can I claim for a back support brace from HIF

HIF A.HIF (Health Insurance Fund)

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch. If you’re an HIF Member and hold Super or Premium Options Extras Cover you will be eligible to claim a rebate for a back support brace under your prosthesis benefits. To do so, we’d simply need a letter of recommendation from your treating practitioner (along with your paid invoice) and you’d also need to have served the applicable 12-month waiting period. I hope that helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. You can reach me on social@hif.com.au. Thanks, Molly.

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) questions