4.4

84% · 35362 · 15%

Jess C.
Jess C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most awful experience!

I am really disappointed with the Customer Service that I received in trying to get my playground in time for my Son’s birthday. The ‘Expected dispatch date’ was the 4th of December and I was excited because that timeframe worked perfectly. After a couple of emails with misleading information it didn’t arrived when the team told me it would. If you don’t have the product in stock you should never have put it on the site. I would never mislead customers like the way Hip Kids did. I will never spend my money here again.  Show details
DJK1980
DJK1980Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
San
SanPerth, WA

Very delayed delivery

Very bad customer service. Paid for a bike more than a month ago and still havent receive it. When called them, the lady on the phone said another 7 business days after delivery otherwise she suggested to give me the money back. Bought this for my dauhgter xmas present now i have to run to the shops to see what can i get. Very disapointed.
ARH
ARH3 posts

Unsafe toy

The activity play set comes in 3 parts (still not received 3rd part). One of the parts is described as a slide. When my 3 year old slid down she hit her back on the wooden bar going across the bottom of the slide which resulted in bruising. I contacted customer service who replied via email basically said the products meets standards and I should supervise my child. I consider this product dangerous for young children.
Jeremy
JeremySydney, NSW
  Online store

Products are ok. Terrible customer service

Ordered two products. Product #1 (furniture) sent was unpainted and required painting. Web description was false. Despite letting them know no resolution was offered tho they did end up updating the website at least after denying there was an issue. Product #2 - not received months after ordering. Still having to chase. Great use of my time as a time poor new parent...
Simone
Simone3 posts

Misleading description

The 2 in 1 toddler trike was purchased for my son based off the age recommendation 12 months to 3. At 18 months he had outgrown it. Hip kids told me I should have measured him and gone off the measurements the max height is 25cm.
When I looked at the measurements, the next size wooden trike states it’s from 18 months and the lowest height is 26cm. Hip kids know these won’t last til 3 yet are deceptive in their description. Show details
Adam N.
Adam N.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Verified Online store
Amy
Amy4 posts

Great customer service

The customer service is amazing. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful. Very fast response time. They have a great range of products for kids, we will buy from here again.
Thank you hip kids! Show details
Lynne V.
Lynne V.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC3 posts
  Physical store

Well done Hip kids

Just want to recommend these wonderful people, especially Melody. I usually go to Deepdene store, but the virus put a stop to travelling to Melbourne. Made a purchase by phone, beautifully handled. Then the trouble began, Australia Post..........long story short, items missing, lots of excuses etc, Melody was more than fantastic with her follow ups, she emailed me daily, was always patient (even when i got cross). 3 days short of a month the items were delivered . As a retail manager of 27 years, i couldnt have been more impressed with the professional courtesy i was shown. Shopped with them since 2016 , and will continue to do so, but bypass Australia Post! Great products, happy with everything ive bought . Show details
Maddy
MaddySydney, NSW

Worst customer service

Received a broken toy $40 and their solution was to send our wood glue and a $10 refund as the item is no longer in stock. This is completely unacceptable. Won’t buy here again.
bennie01
bennie01Metropolitan Adelaide, SA11 posts

Rocking Horse

Havent actually taken it out of the box yet, but what I can see it looks very good. Hip Kids were a reliable site to buy from, as they DO get back to you if you have any queries on delivery Show details
Bern
BernGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Prompt delivery

I ordered 4 puzzles and a ride-on toy online. Puzzles arrived in 3 days and toy came a day later. Very happy with puzzles. Ride-on maybe smaller than anticipated, but yet to assemble as is a Christmas present. Show details
Gail
GailFadden 2904, ACT6 posts
  Online store

Excellent communication and product. Ride on steel racer car/push car

We bought the Hipkids ride on steel racer/push car for our grandsons first birthday present. Communication was excellent and the product was delivered quickly and is exactly as described. One of the wheels was damaged as a result of packing from the factory and I emailed Hipkids to advise. They promptly posted a replacement wheel express post to reach us the following day. This is the type of service you expect but rarely get. Well done Hipkids, will be using you again. Show details
Alita P.
Alita P.2 posts

2 in 1 trike with wicker basket

The quality is terrible. It looks like it was slapped together.

Worse than then the product’s quality is the customer service. Hipkids filters out any negative reviews of their products. I have tried leaving a three star review on their site twice and it doesn’t appear, therefore greatly misleading it’s consumers.

Had I seen these negative reviews I would not have purchased this product for my child. My one year old is nearly too big for this bike. Her heels are constantly getting pulled under the back axel. This bike is a terrible design as though it was never actually tested out. Show details

Candice B.
Candice B.2 posts
  Online store

Good service and good product

I was not sure how my teepee order would go after reading others’ reviews.
But after looking around for a decent quality teepee for a reasonable price, hip kids was the only one.
So I took a chance it paid off. Shipping was super quick, they had my order shipped the same day I made the purchase and the product looks pretty good. I would probably buy again.
Although I would say the play mat that comes with is really like a blanket not much cushioning. You’ll need a rug underneath it. Show details
Olya M.
Olya M.
  Fair Incentive Online store

Terrible service!!! Dangerous toys for kids. Don't waste your time and money

Teepee from hip kids after 2 months in use. Dangerous things for little ones. Hip kids company replied to us that they are the best anyway and don't see any problems with their crappie toys. Show details

GSG
GSGSydney, NSW2 posts

2 in 1 Toddler Mini-Trike with Wicker Basket that can only go straight

Bought 2 in 1 Toddler Mini-Trike with Wicker Basket for our grandson's first birthday, did not know that this cannot be maneuvered, it is designed to go straight, need two people at either end to turn the trike for the baby to enjoy the ride. Suitable for babies from 12-18 months.

Wonder the challenges when transformed into a balance bike.

Very Disappointing. Show details

Juopy
JuopyAustralian Capital Territory
  Verified Online store

Fast delivery and OK product

I ordered the 3 wheel balance trike for my daughter on a Sunday and received it by Friday so was really happy with the quick postage. It was easy to assemble and looks cute. My daughter loved it and was happy to go straight to the park for a test ride.
While it is very cute, it is not a quality piece that will stand the test of time, however for approximately $100 I wasn't expecting too much in terms of quality. I will be happy if we get a years worth of riding out of it. Show details
MyraLittle Bay2 posts
  Hip Kids

Still don’t have my product

I ordered and paid for a kids table set in Sept 2018. It was advertised as 1-2 days dispatch.

After a week of no delivery I followed up and they told me the new delivery time would be end of November! 2 months later is a huge difference.

A month later they call and tell me it will be early December instead!!

I called the day before delivery in Dec and they told me the new timeframe is January 2019. Had I not called no one would have given me an update.

Terrible Service! Learn how manage to customer expectations, compensate when you have fallen

short and inconvenienced and learn simple supply/demand principles!

Myra

Up until now I still do not have my product...

Lucy
LucyMt Crosby2 posts
  Hip Kids

buying a baby wooden walker

Their products are lovely and expensive. But I found the customer service to be lackluster at best. Its as if they don't care about good relationships with customers. My inquiries to them were dismissed without any discussion. I can respect a decision of a company even when I don't agree with it but I find speedy and airy dismissal unnecessary. I would not recommend. I suggest find a company that cares about people and good service.

Mon K
Mon KWollongong17 posts

Amazing business!

I recently purchased the kids piano and I couldn't be happier with the customer service! Highly recommend their amazing products.

Julie willis
Julie willisSydney, NSW13 posts
Elle
ElleGlenfield
  Hip Kids

Terrible product breaks upon assembly

This product is cheap and nasty. So poor in quality it cracks when being screwed together. Company refuses refund stating all damage needs to be reported prior to assembly when it in fact breaks on assembly and over time. Almost half of panels cracked over a period of 2 months.

Will never purchase from this company again.

Robbery!

Jane N
Jane N
  Verified Hip Kids

Take so long to receive!

I ordered in January buy still waiting for delivery (its nearly June)!

I will not order again in future at all.

MissMum
MissMumMid North Coast, NSW5 posts

Cheap Quality Toy Box

I Purchased a toy box for my son's birthday and to my dismay, was not up to standard. Although the initial appearance is modern and nice, the particular toy box I received was of cheap quality timber with multiple scratches and cracks, the screws included were much too small to actually hold anything together plus the rails on the lid had no holes drilled in. Very disappointed and was looking forward to buying more items from this site but being the first time buying from Hip Kids, it has left a bitter vibe and will not be coming back and will be informing my fellow parents of my unfortunate experience.

LP Walters.
LP Walters.South East Queensland, QLD

Quality & Beautiful Design

Beautiful design & quality product. We have just purchased our second Hip Kids product & are just as impressed!

Delivery was super quick & we can't wait for our little one to open on her Bday!

Zoe t
Zoe t

Great balance trike

Our 2yo son loves the balance trike from hipkids. I love that it converts into a balance bike as he grows. It was really easy to assemble and delivered really quickly.

Delski
DelskiSydney, NSW

Great quality

The kids activity table with storage is great quality and something that will last for years! Struggled to find a table with adequate storage for all the small pens and crayons and this one ticked all the boxes.

Alana
Alana

Easy service

A good first experience. The toy box is nice looking and great quality - nice and sturdy. Love the safe close lid which is perfect for my 1yo. Website was easy to use and fast shipping. Arrived to me in Melbourne in a few days.

Ria
Ria

Love hip kids products

Love hip kids products already told so many of my friends about it if there order is in stock it's out to u with it the next two to three days And if not in stock they let u know there date stock arrive before you purchase... love that they have after pay which makes it easy for everyone... I'll definitely be shopping from them again next I think will be my girls beds can't wait

Tlc
Tlc3 posts

My favorite childrens store

I have purchased numerous items from children's furniture, decorative items and toys everything has been exactly as discribed amazing quality and beautifully designed with children in mind so definatley durable along with being stunning.

Bridie
Bridie
  Hip Kids

Fantastic products & service!

Absolutely love my kitchen and kids craft table. The craft table had a few scratches on it when it arrived and I (being super OCD) emailed customer service asking about it. Within a few hours I had a phone call from lovely melody who offered to send me replacement parts asap! AMAZING!

Tieka
Tieka

Great item

Great items and great free gift with purchase was a bonus, loved the availability of afterpay to help pay it off also.

Trish D
Trish DBrisbane, QLD. Australia
  Verified Hip Kids

Great website, would use again & recommend!

The website was well layed out making it easy to navigate, select my item & purchase. Additionally great communication. Delivery was prompt and it was easy to track my item. I would definitely recommend to friends & family.

Courtney
Courtney
  Hip Kids

We love our balance bike!

We had a great experience purchasing a bike from HipKids. The team were fantastic and extremely helpful throughout the whole process!

Gammy
Gammy

Perfect

From picking a gift for my granddaughter to getting it delivered was a delight. I will definitely use them again

Christine
Christine

Perfect gift!

Purchased the wooden piano, it's absolutely beautiful and so very cute. Great quality and such good service! Thanks guys will definitely be back!

Sam
Sam

Perfect kids table!

I ordered the reversible chalkboard table for my son as a birthday present! He absolutely loves it! Best purchase! Thank you hip kids!

Ricky
Ricky2 posts

Daughter loves pram

My daughter loves her moon pram. Great quality and looks great. All for a reasonable price. It was sent really fast too.

Quiltbeez
Quiltbeez

Excelllent

I purchased the white wooden moon doll pram for my granddaughters 1st birthday. I was delighted with the quality workmanship and sturdiness. It was the perfect size for her to push her dolly around in. The online purchase was easy and the delivery only took 2 working days to arrive at my address. Thank you