See the Best Upright Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sorry, there are no reviews about Hisense HR6AF351 but you can read 6 reviews about Hisense HR6AF351 / HR6AF351B.

Cheryl S

Cheryl Sasked

Why is my all fridge freezing up near bottom shelf, vents etc are not blocked by anything hard against them and nothing touching the back?? Temp is set at 4

Chris.W

This is literally happening to my fridge at the moment. These fridges are extra sensitive unfortunately.
The back wall on mine has a layer of ice build up, and thinking back on recent events, I cleaned out all of the shelving and doors recently while leaving it turned on and door open for quite a while. Impatience on my own part. This has made the fridge work overtime to keep it cool, and over frosted it. Because these “babies” are so sensitive, the minute you forget to treat it like a baby, it plays up! Lol

Also, sometimes in the hotter weather, continuous opening of the door and leaving it open for longer that necessary, (which my granddaughter does frequently!) does not help the situation either. Lol
This would have most likely made a layer of ice build up along the back wall, which in turn, has interfered with its normal cooling system.
So, to fix this, I would turn the fridge off at the power point, cleaning the ice off from the back of the fridge wall, and anywhere else it may be.
Also, make sure that the drain hole is clear of debris while you’re at it.
Dry the wall off with a hand towel or some paper towel as well.
After that, put things back in place making sure nothing is touching the back wall, let it sit for about 1/2 hour, and turn it back on. Hopefully this will help the cooling system get back into it’s rhythm again.
TIPS:
Find the best time to do this.
I would do it when the fridge is at its emptiest. The day or night before you go shopping. If you can, leave the fridge turned off for a good 1/2 hour if you can. Put your items in those shopping freezer bags with ice cubes or an esky if you have one, to help keep the fridge items cool. Most of your fridge items would be fine in the freezer for 1/2 hour as well.
Hopefully it’s a simple fix like this one.
Best of luck

Russell T

Russell Tasked

How do you change the thermostat on this fridge and where is it located ?

Chris.W

Hi Russell, I’m unsure of where the thermostat is on this refrigerator as I haven’t needed to get my hands on it yet, touch wood!
I would suggest looking underneath the plastic light fitting cover, located on the interior roof.
That would be my first place to try.
It’s usually pretty easy to replace a thermostat, and I would suggest that you look on YouTube to help guide you on the replacement. There are some helpful tutorials on there.
I hope this helps!

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives

CategoryUpright Fridges / Refrigerators