Hisense HR6AF351 / HR6AF351B

8 questions from our users

Cheryl S

Cheryl Sasked

HR6AF351

Why is my all fridge freezing up near bottom shelf, vents etc are not blocked by anything hard against them and nothing touching the back?? Temp is set at 4

Chris.W

This is literally happening to my fridge at the moment. These fridges are extra sensitive unfortunately.
The back wall on mine has a layer of ice build up, and thinking back on recent events, I cleaned out all of the shelving and doors recently while leaving it turned on and door open for quite a while. Impatience on my own part. This has made the fridge work overtime to keep it cool, and over frosted it. Because these “babies” are so sensitive, the minute you forget to treat it like a baby, it plays up! Lol

Also, sometimes in the hotter weather, continuous opening of the door and leaving it open for longer that necessary, (which my granddaughter does frequently!) does not help the situation either. Lol
This would have most likely made a layer of ice build up along the back wall, which in turn, has interfered with its normal cooling system.
So, to fix this, I would turn the fridge off at the power point, cleaning the ice off from the back of the fridge wall, and anywhere else it may be.
Also, make sure that the drain hole is clear of debris while you’re at it.
Dry the wall off with a hand towel or some paper towel as well.
After that, put things back in place making sure nothing is touching the back wall, let it sit for about 1/2 hour, and turn it back on. Hopefully this will help the cooling system get back into it’s rhythm again.
TIPS:
Find the best time to do this.
I would do it when the fridge is at its emptiest. The day or night before you go shopping. If you can, leave the fridge turned off for a good 1/2 hour if you can. Put your items in those shopping freezer bags with ice cubes or an esky if you have one, to help keep the fridge items cool. Most of your fridge items would be fine in the freezer for 1/2 hour as well.
Hopefully it’s a simple fix like this one.
Best of luck

Tarnee string

Tarnee stringasked

HR6AF351BS

What do i do when the alarm light doesnt turn off and the super freeze want go off either?

Chris.W

Hi Tarnee, I have had the same problem with my fridge, but I haven’t delved into solving the issue with it yet. I get by without the light and alarm working, which doesn’t bother me at all, so I’m being a bit slack on getting on with fixing it. The alarm and light will eventually just turn itself off after 5-10 minutes, then it should be fine after that. With fixing this problem and having it working, I haven’t reached that solution as yet, but now someone is asking, I should get back to having a look at my fridge again. It still works just fine without the light and alarm, and when the power has been disrupted and turned back on, it just beeps for 5-10 mins, then it’s quiet again. I’ll get back to you with an answer as soon as I check out my fridge and hope I can get you some answers.

Karen

Karenasked

HR6AF351B

Hi, My fridge isn’t getting cold anymore.
I have it on 2c
Everything is going off
What should I do?
Karen

Hi Karen,
I am assuming that your light and fan are still functional, and you’re just not getting the cold air through. If so, I would try checking the compressor starter relay first. That is a cheap easy fix you could do yourself. Always get a professional though if you are not confident in these things. And always unplug your fridge first.
I will attach a great little video you can watch I found that may help you out, and understand it a bit better. See how you go. There are some tips there of what it could be if this fails to work. Cross fingers for you. I hope this helps

Russell T

Russell Tasked

HR6AF351

How do you change the thermostat on this fridge and where is it located ?

Chris.W

Hi Russell, I’m unsure of where the thermostat is on this refrigerator as I haven’t needed to get my hands on it yet, touch wood!
I would suggest looking underneath the plastic light fitting cover, located on the interior roof.
That would be my first place to try.
It’s usually pretty easy to replace a thermostat, and I would suggest that you look on YouTube to help guide you on the replacement. There are some helpful tutorials on there.
I hope this helps!

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

HR6AF351B

Hi, I purchased this fridge in 2012 and have never had any issues, the warranty has of course expired. Just this week the top area of the fridge at the back has started to freeze up. We tried emptying the fridge out and turning it off for a few hours, but as soon as we turned it back on it froze up again. Do you have any idea what would be causing this & any tips on what to do. Thank you, Lorraine

Chris.W

Hi Lorraine, I had a problem like this with mine as well. I worked out that when objects in my fridge would touch the back of the fridge wall, it would start to freeze up the wall, then the drain at the bottom of the fridge would also freeze, and cause a chain reaction for then make water leak out from the drain area, as it wasn’t draining of course, under the crisper, then out onto my floor. Even if I moved things from touching the back wall, this did nothing. I then noticed that a piece of cardboard from a pizza box had been left behind (frozen to the wall) of the fridge, and this was continuing to cause it to freeze. I had to give the entire back wall a good clean off from debris and ice, and clean out the drain hole (I used a screw driver for this.. very simple) and this seemed to do the trick.
This fridge is very sensitive I have found out.
I have to be very mindful now to try and not let things touch the back wall of the fridge. I also have to keep my temp set at 4C.
I hope this helps Lorraine! Good luck

Alison M

Alison Masked

HR6AF351 / HR6AF351B

Does it have a matching freezer?

Chris.W

Hi Alison, I am not sure if this fridge has a matching freezer. I was only looking for a refrigerator when I found my one. I hope you find a matching freezer as I think this brand fridge has been discontinued. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Terri

Terriasked

HR6AF351B

Hi... fridge leaks water and frost sits @ back of fridge, lettuce freezes @ bottom and top shelves does not keep food cool why? Purchased fridge through repossession n came with no book. What do we set fridge 2 please?

Vic

I set my fridge on 3 degrees.

Vicasked

HR6AF351B

My fridge gets mould constantly on glass shelf and the crisper is constantly wet & food rots/moulds very quickly. They have replaced the fan which did not help. Then the new fan stopped so they put oil on it to start it again. A joke really but not funny at all. Mould is so dangerous to our health. Anyone else having this problem? Vickie King

scubasteve
scubasteve

I have had my fridge now for about 5 years. I do not have the problem that you have. One thing that has become annoying with the fridge; if you open the door twice in a short period of time it is hard to pull the door open on the second time.

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives