Leaks all the time
Do not buy one. The doors do not seal well. The freezer door opens when you close the fridge. So freezer defrosts.Then it freezes up inside and water does not go to drainage pipe. Just all over my floor. If I had a wooden floor it would have been a disaster
Since we bought this never had any problem and cooling is fantastic. Design is very modern and a definite buy. I will recommend this if you are looking for a decent fridge with the budget option. I bought this fridge from God guys and got very good deal. Thanks Matt
Would not recommend
When I purchased the fridge, I noticed it was freezing anything on the bottom shelf and anything in vegetable crisper. I tried adjusting the temperature but it didn't help.
Now, 2 years later there is water leaking underneath the vege crisper and forming ice. A repairer came and fixed the issue as it was under warranty.
It didn't take long for the same problem to re-occur, but now it's not under warranty.
There are vents in the freezer along the back. Apparently you can't put anything to cover them up, which means you can't use the freezer to its capacity.
i just bought one hisense mod hr6tff437 from the good guys penrith let stand 2 hours before turning on runs very quite led light is nice and bright lots of room inside freezer nice and cold set temp on 2 i like bits of ice in my drink thats cold helps keep the meat longer recomend buying this fridge also 3 year warr is standard
Good budget option fridge for single person or small family.
I recently purchased this fridge for my beach shack. Having only a certain amount of money to spend on this item, I opted for a cheaper model and I have to say, I am not disappointed with this item. It is functional and does a good job even on the hottest day. My shack is not air conditioned (as it is only used as a week ender) but this does not seem to make a big difference in how the fridge operates. The shelving is good and easy to remove and quite durable. I like the finish as well. It is quite ergonomic. The cooling is great and there are ...areas that are designated in the fridge when you want items to be colder and not so cold. The freezer works well as well and the no frost option is great too as I hate defrosting freezers. All up for a little over $550.00 (including delivery and removal of the old fridge) I think that this particular fridge is excellent value for money for those who don't want to purchase a high end, expensive product. I would not however recommend it for a large family etc. It is too small. For me however as a single person, it is great. Just what I need.
Great Value for Money
The Hisense fridge is an affordable alternative to some of the other more well known brands. It comes with a 3 year warranty. It is a stylish looking fridge & is well laid out inside with plenty of room. The freezer is a good size too. Runs quietly. I'm very happy with this purchase.
Questions & Answers
I have Hisense fridge HR6TFF436. It leaks water all the time. Have taken the front panel off but cannot see a drainage place. Any help?
I had the same issue with the fridge leaking water from under the cripser and ont the floor and I was able to fix it myself but not without some struggles as this fridge is really poorly designed. Anyway, the best way to clear this is a full defrost. Basically the problem lies in the freezer where the drain hole under the evaporator unit in the freezer, is blocked up by a large amount of ice, so that the defrost water cannot drain out of the hose and down back into the defrost pan. Instead the water leaks through the venting duct between the fridge and freezer and leaks down the back panels inside the fridge ito the unit and under the vegetable crisper and onto the floor.
If you want to know how to fix it, please see my previous post.
Daniel S what was the previous post. However will try complete defrost. Defrosted the back panel but not the freezer. Was ok for a week and has done it again. Just glad I do not have WOODEN FLOOR
Here you go:
I had the same issue with the fridge leaking water from under the cripser and ont the floor and I was able to fix it myself but not without some struggles as this fridge is really poorly designed. Anyway, the best way to clear this is a full defrost. Basically the problem lies in the freezer where the drain hole at the back is blocked up by a large amount of ice, so that the defrost water cannot drain out of the hose and down back into the defrost pan. Instead the water leaks through the venting duct between the fridge and freezer and leaks down the back panels inside the fridge ito the unit and under the vegetable crisper and onto the floor.
However if you are a bit of a fix it man, then I would suggest the following that I did. NOTE mine was an HR6TFF526S model
1. Empty the freezer, remove the shelf, and turn the freezer and fridge settings to the lowest you can.
2. Then remove the two screws at the top corners after prying off the screw covers .
3. Remove the back panel gently making sure that you remove both the plastic cover together with the styrofoam attached to it. Careful as the FAN is also attached to the plastic cover as well as the thermostat wire ( on the RHS ).
4. After gently prying opened the plastic cover and styrofoam, unplug the fan and the thermostat wire from the back (right hand side ). Be careful as there is a clip at the bottom where the styrofoam sits on and make sure you do not break this.
5. You will immediately see at the bottom under the evaporator unit, the huge amount of ice that has accumulated and blocked the drain hole which is at the back on the bottom. There will be a leading wire into that drain hole and it will be iced over.
6. Use a hair dryer ( unless you want to pour hot water into the freezer ) to melt the ice, whilst putting a towel at the bottom of the fridge to collect the water leaking from under the crisper.
7. Using a plastic tool, you may want to try and chip away the ice until it comes out from under the evaporator unit whilst it is being melted by the hair dryer.
8. Once it is all removed you will see the drain hole. Make sure it is also free from ice. Clean it all up and dry it up.
9. Replace the back panel ( plastic and styrofoam ) making sure that you connect back the fan and the thermostat first.
10. Push the styrofoam and back panel back into place, make sure that you do that with both assembled together and not separated.
11. Put back the top screws and cover.
12. Put the shelving in the freezer, your frozen food and turn the fridge and freezer back onto the normal settings.
Hope that helps.
noticed this fridge is very hot on the outside atm,why would this be?
also is leaking just above the crisper and water is running down under crisper and out the bottom of door.
like many fridges these days it seems to have issues keeping a seal on the fridge or freezer door when you slam the other. I fixed this via ordering a couple rare earth magnets off of ebay.au ... two pairs of little ones and glued them aligned to the door and frame. keeps the seals sealed tight and now this fridge rarely runs and is a lot cooler on the outside. The outside is rarely more than lukewarm to the touch, and I live in the tropics where the kitchen is more often +30c than it's not.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.