Hisense HR6TFF Series

60 questions from our users

Water leaks into the internal plastic drawer- any ideas on the cause

How many decibels is this fridge?

I have a HR6TFF527 refrigerator. It twice a week drips water from the back of the frig right side. It leaks quite a substantial amount. Electrician couldn’t find problem. Thank u

Is the 270 litre all freezer frost free
Yes it is.

Freezer frosting up and fridge lost it coolness. What do you think the problem is?
Hi Tania, I'm not a fridge mechanic but it sounds as though it may need re-gassing. Depending on the age (out of warranty?) you need to weigh up whether it is worth calling in a mechanic and having it re-gassed, at a sky-high price, or biting the bullet and buying a new one. Ours was 5 years old so we took the decision to get a new one. Picked up a Fisher and Paykel around the same size for just over $1000 which I think was a pretty good deal. Hard to decide on which way to go, but the fact is whitegoods are not built to last these days so you need to keep that in mind. Our old Phillips fridge chugged along for 36 years - never re-gassed, and never even serviced until one day it just died and I bought a replacement because the fridge mechanic who looked at it said the parts I needed to keep it going were no longer available. Shame!! Good luck. PeterThank you

hi my freezer is still working but my fridge is warm this happend about 4 weeks ago i turned it of for 8 hours then turned it back on it has worked fine till now my fridge has gone warm again want can i please do thanks tracey
Hi Tracey, it appears to be a drainage problem caused by poor design and manufacture ,according to my local repairman, and I have sworn off the Hisense range of refrigerators for ever as a result of his advice. Afraid professional help is your only option. Regards, Brianok thankyou brian

My fridge freezes with ice gathering on top of my vegetable draw. How do l adjust temp and what should my humidity slider be on ?

What is correct temperature settings for Hisense HR6TFF437SD?
We set it according how we stuff it. If it's really packed, then we turn near to coldest. Normally, when we have few things in there, we set it at intermediate level. But never at low. Hope it helps.Fridge 18

Hi just asking if I have cleaned my stainless steel fridge HR6TFF437SD with gumption and now I have marked the fridge or it looks like some of the paint is removed do you have suggestions on how to restore it?
Hi Teena, I am not sure of the damage that gumption would cause or how to fix the damage it has caused as I haven't used gumption on my fridge, I have used it on other fridges with good results but not on my current fridge, sorry i couldn't be more helpful. Kind Regards; Tommo

I have Hisense fridge HR6TFF436. It leaks water all the time. Have taken the front panel off but cannot see a drainage place. Any help?
I had the same issue with the fridge leaking water from under the cripser and ont the floor and I was able to fix it myself but not without some struggles as this fridge is really poorly designed. Anyway, the best way to clear this is a full defrost. Basically the problem lies in the freezer where the drain hole under the evaporator unit in the freezer, is blocked up by a large amount of ice, so that the defrost water cannot drain out of the hose and down back into the defrost pan. Instead the water leaks through the venting duct between the fridge and freezer and leaks down the back panels inside the fridge ito the unit and under the vegetable crisper and onto the floor. If you want to know how to fix it, please see my previous post.Daniel S what was the previous post. However will try complete defrost. Defrosted the back panel but not the freezer. Was ok for a week and has done it again. Just glad I do not have WOODEN FLOORHere you go: I had the same issue with the fridge leaking water from under the cripser and ont the floor and I was able to fix it myself but not without some struggles as this fridge is really poorly designed. Anyway, the best way to clear this is a full defrost. Basically the problem lies in the freezer where the drain hole at the back is blocked up by a large amount of ice, so that the defrost water cannot drain out of the hose and down back into the defrost pan. Instead the water leaks through the venting duct between the fridge and freezer and leaks down the back panels inside the fridge ito the unit and under the vegetable crisper and onto the floor. However if you are a bit of a fix it man, then I would suggest the following that I did. NOTE mine was an HR6TFF526S model 1. Empty the freezer, remove the shelf, and turn the freezer and fridge settings to the lowest you can. 2. Then remove the two screws at the top corners after prying off the screw covers . 3. Remove the back panel gently making sure that you remove both the plastic cover together with the styrofoam attached to it. Careful as the FAN is also attached to the plastic cover as well as the thermostat wire ( on the RHS ). 4. After gently prying opened the plastic cover and styrofoam, unplug the fan and the thermostat wire from the back (right hand side ). Be careful as there is a clip at the bottom where the styrofoam sits on and make sure you do not break this. 5. You will immediately see at the bottom under the evaporator unit, the huge amount of ice that has accumulated and blocked the drain hole which is at the back on the bottom. There will be a leading wire into that drain hole and it will be iced over. 6. Use a hair dryer ( unless you want to pour hot water into the freezer ) to melt the ice, whilst putting a towel at the bottom of the fridge to collect the water leaking from under the crisper. 7. Using a plastic tool, you may want to try and chip away the ice until it comes out from under the evaporator unit whilst it is being melted by the hair dryer. 8. Once it is all removed you will see the drain hole. Make sure it is also free from ice. Clean it all up and dry it up. 9. Replace the back panel ( plastic and styrofoam ) making sure that you connect back the fan and the thermostat first. 10. Push the styrofoam and back panel back into place, make sure that you do that with both assembled together and not separated. 11. Put back the top screws and cover. 12. Put the shelving in the freezer, your frozen food and turn the fridge and freezer back onto the normal settings. Hope that helps.

Where is the drain hole on model Hr6tff436s?
It is under the evaporator unit in the freezer behind the plastic panel.Have taken screws out but panel won’t come outHere is the trick. The styrofoam is also attached to the plastic panel. You have to pry the panel down from the corners, lift up the bottom corner and pull the assembly all out from the four corners. Took me a while too but eventually they both came off. The Fan is attached to the plastic panel and the styrofoam goes around it. You need to get them both off. I had the same issue. The plastic panel will not come out easily unless the styrofoam is also removed. You run the risk of breaking the clip down the bottom ( middle ) of the plastic panel otherwise. Email me and I will send you photos as I took them for in case someone would ask.

Why does it spill water under the front door?

Why is forming water inside?

Why is the water leaking from the dispenser. It’s a constant drip and goes all over the floor. Can someone help with this please?
i think you need to call the plumber it sounds like it needs a new washer ring placed in it.

Lost my user manual and my freezer is too cold. How do i turn temp down?

Where is the drip tray on my fridge? My fridge is dripping water on the floor, and a bit in the fridge itself, i read the manual, and it said to check the drip tray which is apparently located at the back of the fridge, I can't find it, any help would be very much appreciated. :-)
I had the same issue with the fridge leaking water from under the cripser and ont the floor and I was able to fix it myself but not without some struggles as this fridge is really poorly designed. Anyway, the best way to clear this is a full defrost. Basically the problem lies in the freezer where the drain hole at the back is blocked up by a large amount of ice, so that the defrost water cannot drain out of the hose and down back into the defrost pan. Instead the water leaks through the venting duct between the fridge and freezer and leaks down the back panels inside the fridge ito the unit and under the vegetable crisper and onto the floor. However if you are a bit of a fix it man, then I would suggest the following that I did. NOTE mine was an HR6TFF526S model 1. Empty the freezer, remove the shelf, and turn the freezer and fridge settings to the lowest you can. 2. Then remove the two screws at the top corners after prying off the screw covers . 3. Remove the back panel gently making sure that you remove both the plastic cover together with the styrofoam attached to it. Careful as the FAN is also attached to the plastic cover as well as the thermostat wire ( on the RHS ). 4. After gently prying opened the plastic cover and styrofoam, unplug the fan and the thermostat wire from the back (right hand side ). Be careful as there is a clip at the bottom where the stryfoam sits on and make sure you do not break this. 5. You will immediately see at the bottom under the evaporator unit, the huge amount of ice that has accumulated and blocked the drain hole which is at the back on the bottom. There will be a leading wire into that drain hole and it will be iced over. 6. Use a hair dryer ( unless you want to pour hot water into the freezer ) to melt the ice, whilst putting a towel at the bottom of the fridge to collect the water leaking from under the crisper. 7. Using a plastic tool, you may want to try and chip away the ice until it comes out from under the evaporator unit whilst it is being melted by the hair dryer. 8. Once it is all removed you will see the drain hole. Make sure it is also free from ice. Clean it all up and dry it up. 9. Replace the back panel ( plastic and styrofoam ) making sure that you connect back the fan and the thermostat first. 10. Push the styrofoam and back panel back into place, make sure that you do that with both assembled together and not separated. 11. Put back the top screws and cover. 12. Put the shelving in the freezer, your frozen food and turn the fridge and freezer back onto the normal settings. Hope that helps.

How do you open compartment to change lightbulb?

Why is the fridge leaking water?
See my post above.

This fridge is installed in a caravan I have just purchased, is this a suitable fidge? I plan to include off grid caravanning in my travels relying on 12v power.
I'm not sure about that sorry Mike, have you checked with the previous owner? You may need an inverter.Thanks Theodore, I checked with the previous owner after posting the question, he informed me the caravan had an inverter. Searched all the nooks and crannies and finally found the inverter.

Freezer frosting up badly and freezer is not working, curdle milk we had in fridge. What could cause the problem?

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives