See the Best Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect. Never had a problem.

Reliable. Bought 4 years ago and it's never missed a beat.
Barely makes an sound. Love the front touch feature for the temp and the upside down freezer. Super handy if you have kids they can't raid the fridge.

Purchased in August 2015 at The Good Guys for $850.00.

3 months in and going good

Been searching for a few years to upgrade terrible procrastinator here. Did so much research wanted bottom mounted. Bought this fridge 3 months ago so far so good. Im just one person so perfect for me ample room even the doors. One litre drinks fit on top shelf. The easy glide crisper is a dream and also in the freezer easy glide. So many fridges dont have railed drawers they are cheap nasty hard to use. Water dispenser is great. The only gripe I have is when I dropped the freezer temp down from minus 17 to minus 16 15 14 etc (bc I found my ice cream was too hard) the fridge started making a weird whimpering noise every time I open fridge door it was very noticeable and annoying. So I set the temp back to 17 below and noise gone. Small price to pay for near perfection. This fridge looks a million dollars in my kitchen. Also when they unboxed from Harvey Norman fridge had a broken shelf and scratches on door which I was annoyed about but they replaced next day. Guess it had quite a few knocks on the ship. Overall highly recommend. Also its whisper quiet you can barely detect its on pretty amazing so far AAA+++.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $890.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Hisense is awesome!

I recently purchased the Hisense refrigerator and am pleasantly surprised.

It is roomy and has adjustable glass shelving. The door storage shelving could have been better planned - you can fit the essentials though.

The temperature control on the front of the refrigerator is easy to use and it has great features such as a 'super freeze', 'super cool' and 'holiday' mode.

The non-plumbed water dispenser is a great feature and is easily cleaned - it lifts out completely.

Overall, I am glad I chose this model over other brands and the reasonable price was a bonus.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $620.20.

A good spacious fridge

We replaced our samsung 414L fridge with this larger 514L hisense fridge. Things i like about it is firstly it is very spacious inside, the shelves can be adjusted to ur choice so u can fit in big pots/pans sometimes too. The freezer has quite enough space too. The fresh food compartment is the thing i preferred this fridge over the other bcoz it has got a separator wedge with which u can separate fruits feom vegetables otherwise bcoz the tray is quite big ur food would get lost at the back or bottom.
The things i did not like is firstly it dont have any deodorizer like my samsung fridge had and bcoz of which my fridge never had any odours, and now if i put any strong smelling food the whole fridge starts smelling. Second is the cans area in the door is not removable and it takes up quite much space in the door which otherwise can be used for milk, etc.
Overall im quite happy with the purchase

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $999.00.

Not a good quality

We purchased this fridge two years ago, the light burned just a few weeks after purchase, I've lost everything in it, the fridge stopped keeping my food cold, all my food was warm. I called because we purchased a 4 year extended warranty, a technician came and told us it was the ventilator that is not working anymore, it takes 5 to 10 business days to received the part. So I'm still waiting for that part and to be fixed. I'm on my second week without a fridge. I won't be purchasing an Hisense fridge anymore.

Purchased in May 2017 for $1,000.00.

Edited review..

Ok so I am editing this review as my initial review was very harsh based on a bad experience. Since then we have a replacement which is working just fine so far... the water dispenser is a refill, non plumbed dispenser which at this price point is a nice compromise & the reason we chose it. The fridge is good looking and if it remains reliable this time I will be happy with it. Perhaps we got a rare dodgy one or I was unlucky, but I felt the need to update this review as I almost always rely on reviews when purchasing. The warranty is good for such issues.

We bought this fridge and within a week the light on the fridge would only turn on sometimes when the door was opened, it beeped randomly & the display would come off & on showing the temperature which seemed to change by itself. Cold one moment, warm the next with ice melting in the freezer then would go cold again. Constant beeping.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,099.00.

No Frills Functionality

This unit is simple in its sleek brushed-silver design, making it easy to clean and resistant to finger prints and smudges. The handles are seamlessly integrated into the doors which means no protruding parts for things to get caught on, and if you're moving house, can fit easily through a conventional-sized door. It did take about a day for the unit to maintain a constant temperature straight out of the box, but that can attributable to having the doors being constantly opened and closed the day it was delivered. The doors are solid and easy to open and close, with strong seals. Inside, there is enough shelving and compartments and cleaning is easy. The freezer has two large compartments and an ice cube tray. It also has a 5.5/6 star energy rating which is awesome. Highly recommended.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $978.00.

It's ok.

So I have had my fridge for about 6 months now. Currently renting it. Brand new. The handle has come off easily and so I've fixed it myself. The freezer is starting to not freeze properly. The lights on the both fridge and freezer come on when they want to. This fridge was brand new when I received it and already having problems.
It may be a great fridge if you don't have small children that is.

Purchased in July 2018 at Rent4keeps for $3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 10 person(s)

Too expensive to only last 3.5 years

I loved the design and functions of the fridge freezer until the fridge section suddenly stoped working at only 3.5 years since purchased and used in clean stable environment.
Hisense original contact offered to pay for parts if I paid labour and gave details of nearest repair people who unfortunately are one hour away from my town and only visit the town one day a week ( not the repair company’s fault but highlights issues with waiting for repairs and living without a fridge for over two weeks in Australia summertime). However follow up call informed me I have to pay full for all repairs.
I have had fridge checked and been informed it could be the motherboard that needs replacing. This will be is an expensive repair and I’m debating whether to cut losses and purchase another fridge ( not a HiSense rubbish one that only lasts a bit past 3 years) a fridge should last at least 10 years!! All my previous other brand ones did
-any other thoughts are welcome

Purchased in October 2015 at Betta Home Living for $1,300.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)

Easy to keep clean and easy to store food and products in freezer and fridge part. Does not freeze over the water part is easy to fill and it's sturdy and easy to operate

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hifi Home.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Flimsy and motor stop working

Product is flimsy, product does not work, did not open packaging immediately after delivery. Once opened the fridge had massive dents and did not work. Both the Good Guys and Hisense refused to replace fridge or fix it under warranty. No customer service skills and both companies denied and took no responsibility on damaged product.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great Fridge

Very silent could hardly hear it at night. Love the silver look as it suits our kitchen setting. Very spacious and easy to get into with a top mounted refrigerator and bottom freezer.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Family sized fridge

The fridge is easy to open and close, and it seals very well. Having the freezer on the bottom is a good feature and makes it easier to use as the crisper is at the right height for us, much more practical than having the freezer up top. As it's fairly wide and deep it's not too high either. HOWEVER, the biggest problem we've had with this useless fridge is that we have the temperature set at 4 degrees which while it's a bit warm for us, some food still freezes, it's worse at 3 degrees though, but 3 is a better temp. For the food, but the fridge freezes up at this temp.. It's a good size fridge, not too wide and not too high, just keeps freezing up, makes it almost useless. Would NEVER EVER buy another one. It has a high electricity rating, so it's not too dear to run. BUT IT'S nearly useless.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Short lifespan Do not buy

We have had our fridge for almost 4 years now. We bought an extended warranty at the time and sadly have now had to use it. The fridge has stopped cooling, whilst the freezer stays on. A Service guy has been sent out three times and replaced three different parts and still this fridge does not work. They have no idea how to fix it. Did notice all parts are plastic cheap looking chinese rubbish. Looks like alot of us have had same issue re fridge not working too. Perhaps Hisense should be held accountable for making chuck away appliances!.
Seems like it's just a Cheaply made fridge and we have lost alot of food and medications also. We wll be taking this further and never buying a Hisense fridge again!.

January 9th 2019 Update: Short lifespan Fridge undiagnosable problems

Hisense rubbish cheap and when there is a problem it's a guessing game. After 3 major parts replaced and the fridge still not cooling, finally got a replacement in a different brand. It was a decent fridge until 3 years passed and the service people had no idea how to fix it. Cheap rubbish, fridges should last more than 3 years! These makers should be made to make reliable products not cheap crap that ends up adding to landfill after a very short lifespan.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Don't bother

Has failed three times within four years, issues with the thermostat which has caused the motor to fail. Parts that were replaced have failed again. Was told there would be a warranty on the parts replaced and even that the whole fridge could potentially be replaced if it failed again, should have gotten that in writing.
Absolutely not good enough to have a new fridge fail so many times, would not buy another fridge through Hisense.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Loving the size and functionality

Keeps food well chilled and food doesn't get frozen if it touches the back. I love the alarm if door is left open which can save on electricity. Solid which means food doesn't tip over. Has plenty of egg storage and even extra storage for bottles. Temperature shown on front door so I no longer have to bend down and climb in fridge to adjust temperature.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great Fridge

Purchased this fridge in Dec 17 and we have been very happy with it. It looks great, the size is awesome and it keeps everything nice and cold. Can sometimes freeze things which sit directly in front of the vents at the back so keep and eye on that. We love the water dispenser feature. The crisper drawer feels a little funny to pull in and out like its not sitting on the runners properly but we have checked others in store and they are all the same.

Great size freezer with handy ice tray, although the ice cubes are a little small.

All in all we really like our purchase and will keep you updated if we have any issues in the future.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

great love it

this is a great fridge the size inside is huge and the kids love that they can get water without opening the fridge. it has great functions that are touch screen panel on the front and tells you exactly what the temps are set on in the fridge and freezer

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Cheap quality

Really cheap quality fridge, temperature is always not regulated... easily scratched...hard to open and close, inconvenient freezer with ice that keeps on coming out and you open one droor of the fridge, 2 or 3 coming out automatically. Cheap plastic on the outside. Not recommended at all and the water is manual therefore you have to fill it... not worth the money

Date PurchasedMay 2018

A haven for mice

We have had this fridge for 3 months and have no complaints re its setup or working. Our beef is that the lower rear section is open and has been a haven for mice. The stench is unbelievable despite washing as much as we can around the open area. Cannot believe in this day and age that fridges are not closed in. Our last fridge, a Samsung, was closed in and never any issues.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Is it possible to turn doors around to open from other side?
I don’t think you can. Best to ask a Hisense distributer or sales person. Sadly, the Door on my fridge could not be adjusted to open other way

I have my freezer set at -14 but everything was like a rock so I checked the temperature with a Thermometer and it reads -35.7. I’ve got the fridge set at 3 and the thermometer says 6.4???? The fridge is also very noisy.

What is error code “EF” for and how can it be fixed?

Hisense HR6BMFF435D (435L, White)Hisense HR6BMFF435SD (435L, Stainless Steel)Hisense HR6BMFF514SW (514L, Stainless Steel)Hisense HR6BMFF453S (453L, Stainless Steel)Hisense HR6BMFF320S (320L, Stainless Steel)Hisense HR6BMFF520 (520L, White)Hisense HR6BMFF520S (520L, Stainless)Hisense HR6BMFF320 (320L, White)
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,099$1,199$1,299$1,399$1,099
Dimensions 1756 x 680 x 735 mm1756 x 680 x 735 mm1756 x 842 x 735 mm1723 x 704 x 687 mm1780 x 595 x 653 mm1756 x 790 x 735 mm1756 x 790 x 735 mm1780 x 595 x 653 mm
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)4 star(s)4.5 star(s)3 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people4-5 people4-5 people1-2 people5+ people5+ people1-2 people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Frost Free and Wine RackDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Frost Free and Wine RackDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Frost Free and Water DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm and Frost FreeFrost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeFrost Free
Colour / Finish WhiteStainless SteelStainless SteelSilverStainless SteelWhiteStainless SteelWhite
Handle Type External External External RecessedRecessedExternal External Recessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlassGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44334444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 11111111
Weight86 kg86 kg88.5 kg67.5 kg96 kg96 kg67.5 kg
Door Hinge RightRightRightReversible Door HingeReversible Door HingeReversible Door Hinge
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Capacity