Hisense HR6CDFF French Door Series

Hisense HR6CDFF French Door Series Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

509L, 512L, 695L, 670L

48 questions from our users

Tanyaasked

512L French Door HR6CDFF512GW (White)

Can this fridge be fully integrated???

Crownhunter
Crownhunter

If you mean fully enclosed I doubt it. Manual requires air gap around all three sides

Tanya

Sorry - I mean have a cupboard door put on the front - yes, keep the air gap as required but integrate the doors with the other kitchen cabinetry.

Dan

Danasked

512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

I am interested in purchasing this fridge and all the reviews seem to be pretty good but the fridge manual recommends that you have adequate ventilation around it. The product manual states that it requires a gap of 100mm space from back, 300mm space from top and 200mm on each side. It seems over the top to me considering other brands only require say 50mm on each of side of fridge so I am interested to see from people who have bought this fridge have adhered to these recommendations and if they haven't how has there fridge had any problems with overheating????

BobboBobbo

I'd take a punt that the major issue will be increased energy use... with any fridge the more enclosed it is the harder it has to work because it will be in a warmer environment. The motor will have to run more, but a lightly loaded electric motor shouldn't really degrade with extra running so I doubt you would get a premature failure unless the motor is poor quality or has poor quality bearings. I've noticed that our fridge (which is not really enclosed... it's against a wall and has a cupboard about 100mm away on one side but is open to the room on the other side an on top) gets warm on the sides and quite hot around the door edges.. so it must be venting quite a lot of the excess heat out the front (which wouldn't be affected by the enclosure).

Only a guess, but I'd say the only problem you will face is extra electricity use. If you have solar then at the hottest time of day when it's working hardest, you will be running your fridge from the sun anyway :)

Robert Klimo

Robert Klimoasked

HR6CDFF 512L French Door

My Hisense French door fridge is only 17 Months old and it just stopped. The digital displays etc are fine and no alarm but now everything is defrosted and the fridge is not cold nor the freezer. I would have expected it to last longer. Am I wrong?

BobboBobbo

Should be under warranty right? I wasn't aware of the brand so I bought the extra Harvey Norman warranty, but I think it had 3 years factory warranty. 17 months isn't long for a fridge though.. hope it's not a common problem...

David
David

Initially my Hisense fridge was great. Three breakdowns within the first two years, losing much food in the process has made my lose any faith I might have had. The first time it iced up in the freezer and stopped cooling the fridge, the person at Hisense suggested I just turn it off for a couple of days and it would right itself. I felt foolish to admit I did not have a fridge on standby for this inevitable interruption. Many, many days of water pouring onto the floor as well and last week the freezer was cold (but not -18 degrees cold), but the fridge was 23 degrees warm. Throw out food. Call Hisense. Try turning it off for half and hour and then on again. Over the next two days it slowly moved itself down towards 4 degrees (although it was set for 2 degrees). The honeymoon is wonderful; the marriage is not.

Ronasked

512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

after delivery switched on several hours later and all seems OK ... BUT both sides of refrigerator seem overly hot. as there is adequate space around the unit for ventilation I am concerned and ask if this heating is normal.

Ange E
Ange E

I just took the temp on both sides of our fridge and it averages about 30° on each side.
We've had ours in for a couple of months without any issue.
Hope that helps

Ron

Thanks Ange E, this morning temperature seems normally warm, must have just been the initial burst to bring temperatures down inside the unit on what has been a very hot day weather wise.

garry001

Yes this is normal, because the condensation coils are are around the fridge and not on the backs and more, the gas cools quicker. You never noticed this before because the condensation coils were on the backs of fridges and out of sight, now there built into them. Hope this help
G

Frankeenasked

512L French Door HR6CDFF512GW (White)

I can't adjust temperature on hisense four door fridge. I've read the instructions, and watched a few video demos on YouTube, but I can't get the freezer to change to colder. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Frank Riley

garry001

Hold your finger on mode/unlock till a beep, then push mode button untill you get the freezer icon, the freezer icon must be flashing now touch the word freezer and number through till you get the right temprature. Its not a very good touch panel but i worked out to touch the words on the panel and hold till you hear a beep. Hope this helps

Hi,
Not sure what may be wrong but I simply hold the "lock" symbol down and then I can turn the thermostat up or down (on the chosen compartment) Give Hisense a call as I`ve found them to be helpful.

Frankeen

Thank you Garry, it worked a treat! You're a genius, mate! Now I'm an expert, ha ha!

Cheers,

Frank

Arnel

Arnelasked

512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

can you teach me how to used the display control?

Pete Strange

Sorry, misread the model you asked the question about initially.
If you hold the padlock symbol down for about 15 seconds then you can adjust all the settings and also turn the bottom RHS compartment from a chiller to a freezer compartment. You can also adjust the temp. I find 5c to be perfect for the fridge section and I have set the 2 freezer compartments to -18c which is perfect for freezing.
Once you have made your settings the settings lock in again after 20 seconds and you have to repeat the process of holding the padlock symbol down again. It`s a great idea as it stops little fingers from fiddling and upsetting the temperature controls.
Hope this helps.
Pete

Vic

Vicasked

HR6CDFF 512L French Door

Do you have any feedback on Model HR6CDFF512GW?

MerlinsEgo

Hi Vic .. you can see my other comments below, but we have been using the Hisense for about 3+ months and still very happy with it. Both our kids have moved back home so the fridge is getting a hammering (constant opening and closing !) and have had no issue .. i love this fridge

Pete Strangeasked

512L French Door HR6CDFF512GW (White)

Have just bought one of these today so hopefully I`ve done the right thing. It will be replacing a 1997 Westinghouse which just started to lose it`s cooling capacity.
Any criticisms of you Hisense so far ?

MerlinsEgo

Hey Peter .. ours replaced a 1999 Westinghouse mastermind too .. we have been really happy with our hisense for the past month ..super quiet. . efficient .. and looks great

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives

Hisense HR6CDFF French Door Series