Hisense 512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

Hisense 512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel) Questions & Answers

MPN: HR6CDFF512S

7 questions from our users

Yvmv
Yvmvasked
512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

My hisense fridge is very hot one side.you can't even stand close to that side what is the problem?

Dreddy.E
Dreddy.Easked
512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

My new mini refrigerator feels warm to touch on the sides, and there is a wierd sound coming from the freezing part, is this normal?

Hisense
Ben S.Hisense

Hi , If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry.

Christine A.
Christine A.asked
512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

My fridge is hot around the door frames.
Changed thermal fuse and motor fan. What could make the fridge very hot to touch.

Hisense
Ben S.Hisense

Hi Christine , If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry

Masa
Masaasked
512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

I bought a double door fridge in February 2018, now the fridge part is hot and my food is getting off. What could be the problem? It’s on 15 degrees Celsius. Please help

Dan
Danasked
512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

I am interested in purchasing this fridge and all the reviews seem to be pretty good but the fridge manual recommends that you have adequate ventilation around it. The product manual states that it requires a gap of 100mm space from back, 300mm space from top and 200mm on each side. It seems over the top to me considering other brands only require say 50mm on each of side of fridge so I am interested to see from people who have bought this fridge have adhered to these recommendations and if they haven't how has there fridge had any problems with overheating????

BobboBobbo
BobboBobbo

I'd take a punt that the major issue will be increased energy use... with any fridge the more enclosed it is the harder it has to work because it will be in a warmer environment. The motor will have to run more, but a lightly loaded electric motor shouldn't really degrade with extra running so I doubt you would get a premature failure unless the motor is poor quality or has poor quality bearings. I've noticed that our fridge (which is not really enclosed... it's against a wall and has a cupboard about 100mm away on one side but is open to the room on the other side an on top) gets warm on the sides and quite hot around the door edges.. so it must be venting quite a lot of the excess heat out the front (which wouldn't be affected by the enclosure).

Only a guess, but I'd say the only problem you will face is extra electricity use. If you have solar then at the hottest time of day when it's working hardest, you will be running your fridge from the sun anyway :)

Ronasked
512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

after delivery switched on several hours later and all seems OK ... BUT both sides of refrigerator seem overly hot. as there is adequate space around the unit for ventilation I am concerned and ask if this heating is normal.

Ange E
Ange E

I just took the temp on both sides of our fridge and it averages about 30° on each side.
We've had ours in for a couple of months without any issue.
Hope that helps

Ron

Thanks Ange E, this morning temperature seems normally warm, must have just been the initial burst to bring temperatures down inside the unit on what has been a very hot day weather wise.

garry001
garry001

Yes this is normal, because the condensation coils are are around the fridge and not on the backs and more, the gas cools quicker. You never noticed this before because the condensation coils were on the backs of fridges and out of sight, now there built into them. Hope this help
G

Arnel
Arnelasked
512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

can you teach me how to used the display control?

Pete Strange
Pete Strange

Sorry, misread the model you asked the question about initially.
If you hold the padlock symbol down for about 15 seconds then you can adjust all the settings and also turn the bottom RHS compartment from a chiller to a freezer compartment. You can also adjust the temp. I find 5c to be perfect for the fridge section and I have set the 2 freezer compartments to -18c which is perfect for freezing.
Once you have made your settings the settings lock in again after 20 seconds and you have to repeat the process of holding the padlock symbol down again. It`s a great idea as it stops little fingers from fiddling and upsetting the temperature controls.
Hope this helps.
Pete

See all Hisense HR6CDFF French Door Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives

Hisense 512L French Door HR6CDFF512S (Stainless Steel)

Other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators