See the Best Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Reliable fridge, good shelving

This side by side fridge and freezer from Hisense has an attractive stainless steel exterior, plenty of solid shelving and storage, and an easily operable water dispenser. Air flow and temperature control seem to be work well; however, time will be the true test of this. Comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty and 3 star energy rating. Thus far, very happy with this purchase!

Works well

This fridge maintain a consistent and reliable temperature in all compartments. I like the design and match my home. The fridge is easy to open and close. It has artificial intelligence to control the temperature

Awesome Fridge/Freezer!!!

Not only does it look good it also has really good storage. I really like the 3 levels of drawers in both the fridge and the freezer for organising and separation. The temperature control is on the front of this appliance also. The front of it is actually glass which is so easy to keep clean. This is one of my best purchases ever. More people need to know about the awesomeness of the Hisense brand!!

Great fridge happy customer

From the first time out of the box I loved the look of the fridge, I bought it from Harvey Normans on sale as well as a 65" Tv . My wife and I love it, our old fridge was not that old and let us down at a very inopportune time, we both noticed how quiet it is compared to the last fridge we had and after 3 months of use it has lived up to our expectations.
The only thing that it could be picked for is that there are no lower shelves on the doors to make space for the lower storage draws .
This is our first side by side and well its a winner love the extra freezer storage space , very happy customers.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Best fridge and freezer ever! Highly recommend

Great fridge and freezer! Plenty of room and shelf space. Water dispenser is great! Price was fantastic and staff were friendly and helpful whilst choosing the perfect fridge. Thanks JB-Hi-Fi for delivery and great customer service.

Check your fridge for cracks people

I purchased this side by side fridge under one year and a half ago, first the freezer drawer broke, then the fridge light had to be replaced, then the fridge leaked condensation water everywhere and whilst cleaning to return it for a replacement I have found lots of cracks on the back wall and side wall of the fridge, not to mention just about every strip on the back of the shelves in the fridge are either cracked or broken.
Love of a fridge has now turned to horror.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Updated review, from 3 stars down to 1

When you open either of the doors, it shows the fridge and freezer temperature settings, rather than what the temperatures actually are, which one may think would be more useful. In my opinion, it seems pointless to display what it should be rather than what it is, as you have no idea as to whether the fridge is operating as it should or not.

You cannot adjust the spacing between the shelves either on the doors or in the fridge, there are no slots or positions to allow this. The highest spacing within the fridge is the top shelf, you can't stand a 330ml beer/cider bottle on any of the other shelves. The shelves on the freezer door are narrow, not even wide enough for the width of a 3 litre plastic milk container. The image of the fridge on their website doesn't show any milk in the fridge at all, lots of bottled water though, why would they show only bottled water when one of the selling points (key features) is supposedly the water dispenser. The water dispenser is difficult to fill with anything bigger than a one litre jug due to the shelf above it, which means opening the door several times to fill it. Perhaps you could use a hose or I suppose you could remove the shelf every time you needed to fill the reservoir.
To me, it is more of a gimmick, anybody wanting so much cold water may be better off investing in a water cooler.

Another of the key features (selling points) is the twist ice-maker as shown on the website, this was not actually supplied with the fridge - as the manual states, it is an option extra - so you pay extra for a key feature. At least the other three key features do actually come with or are part of the fridge. I questioned this with Hisense but they never replied to me, which in itself is indicative of their level of customer care.

I had a need to speak to their support section (in Manila), I couldn't understand the consultant very well, she must have been using a faulty headset (do Hisense make headsets?) as she kept cutting out, she was less than helpful with the problem we have with our fridge.

Would not recommend this brand.

Purchased in January 2019.

Noise Level

Fantastic fridge for two

Adjustable temp, easy to clean, black glass doors really happy with our purchase, best fridge we have ever bought that suits the two of us and also extra space if we have guests. Even temp throughout no warm spots and dead quiet whilst running also noticed a drop in power bill over previous year!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good for the price

It's a sleek look fridge/freezer from the outside, the depth is larger than what I've had before so it feels like it's bulging out quite a bit from the allocated space in my kitchen. Although it's on the larger capacity fridges the inside feels small and compartmental without any ability to change the shelf heights, which are almost identical between each layer, so I'm finding i'm wasting a lot of space i can't tailor for my side of shopping.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Very good fridge for the price.

This fridge replaced an old unit from the 80's. My power bill dropped dramatically after buying this fridge. It is very quiet, efficient, and all food is the same temperature throughout the fridge. Very happy with the purchase overall.

The only minor negative is how narrow the freezer is, you have to be creative if you are trying to fit anything large into it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

It's really good!

Have had it a year. It's quiet. I've never even noticed it come on. The black strip means you never have hand marks on the door. Works perfectly. Shelves still study and unbroken after 12 months. Totally happy with it. And it was cheap. Brightly lit. Only one small downer. The ice thingy not that great...

Date PurchasedApr 2017

It's amazing

The temperature control is amazing, it's extremely quite you don't even know it's on and it's a breeze to clean. It has more room than it looks like it dose. The price for a double door fridge that is this good is usually quite large but this one was close to half the price.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not bad

we've had this fridge for around 5 months now and right now it is making some noises. Our last fridge was a samsung which burnt out, and my dad opted for a cheap fridge. It gives great value for money, and the three years included warranty lets us sleep. It is really spacious inside and the design fits really well our kitchen.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Fabulous fridge

We are so happy with our fridge purchase. The price was amazing! It looks great, runs so quietly and does all the things a good fridge should do. The bonus is being able to change the temperature on ALL four compartments. I can have a small freezer and loads of fridge space or arrange the fridge/freezer compartments to my liking. The panel on the front allows you to very simply change the temperatures and has a child lock!
Thank you Fridge and Washer City!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good Fridge

This fridge is great with lots of room. 3 crispers and 3 shelves in the fridge section. 3 drawers and 3 shelves in the freezer. On the front there is a panel which tells the temp of fridge and freezer. We are very happy with this unit. t is also very quiet.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

So glad we got this!

Not only are the white glass doors are beautiful, the inside is too! The "keep ingredients fresher" compartments really does lengthen the freshness of fruit and vegetables. The temperature in all compartments maintains a good temperature and is quiet. There's also a light up panel that let's you know the temperature in each compartment

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Very happy so far

This is a new model by Hisense and so far so good. It is very quiet. Feels well constructed with good glass shelves inside. Makes for easy cleaning.

LED lighting throughout illuminates all areas of the fridge and freezer.

Overall no complaints. No frosting in the freezer. For the price this is a great fridge. The white colour has brightened up the kitchen and looks cleaner (no finger prints and doesn't show scuffs) as opposed to my old grey stainless steel box.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

AWESOME FRIDGE!!

Not only does this black glass door side by side fridge look great, but its amazing on the inside too! SOOO much room in there, 3 extra deep crispers for whole cabbages/lettuce etc. Well lit inside. Freezer also has stacks of room, including drawers and shelving to keep everything neat and in order. Runs nice and quiet, and is easy clean and smudge resistant considering its glossy black look. Priced cheaper than other major brands also which was a bonus. Would love them to make it with a water/ice dispenser in the future.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Best price for a side by side fridge

I find this fridge very noisy. I can hear it through my bedroom door which is off the living area. Nothing else has gone wrong with it at least. I probably should do something about how noisy it is, but I don't have time to stuff around with being at home for pick up or fixing or replacing etc during business hours. For $794 on a 12 month interest free plan, it's the cheapest side by side fridge I have seen.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Stay well away from fridge HR6AF243

So so disappointed with this fridge. 1st fridge stopped working after approx 2yrs, fridge iced up at the back but fridge was not cold at all. I had to throw out all the food inside. That one got replaced but now this one has done exactly the same thing only now as it's 6 month out of the warranty they have wiped their hands of it. Had to throw out fridge full of food again. 2 fridges within 5 1/2 yrs. Obviously there is a major fault with this product. Stay well away from this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2013