Hisense HR6VFF177A

Hisense HR6VFF177A

MPN: 35905379
See the Best Upright Freezers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hisense

Pros

• Super Freeze function

• Reversible door option

• Storage drawers

Cons

• Frost-free function isn’t effective

• Door can be hard to open

Dougie
DougieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not reliable as frost-free.

Repaired under warranty as it was not frost-free. Now outside of warranty and doing same thing again. I've phoned Good Guys to receive bad news I'm now out of warranty period and will have to pay to get it fixed. Not in your life! I cannot recommend this brand. I'm left with the question: Where can I find a quality upright frost-free freezer that is worth more than the warranty period?

Annabel
AnnabelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Icing up affects sensor and ability to freeze

We have had a Hisense upright freezer for about 3 years. Apart from the very irritating design fault described below, it’s a nice freezer. I wish Hisense had issued a recall to fix it. The freezer stopped working soon after warranty ran out. Ice had been freezing the bottom drawer stuck. Repair man said it’s a design fault. About 6 months later the sensor failed again. I had watched the previous repair so we attempted to fix it ourselves today. Undid the inside rear panel and removed it. Took a long time to de-ice the insides with a hairdryer. Then made sure the drain was draining. There’s instructions online too. So far it’s cooling. Fingers crossed it’s ok again for a while.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys.

rehandra
rehandraErskine

Great Product: Hisense Upright Freezer 175.9 litre

Ease of use; no leaning over a chest freezer and scrabbling around trying to find things.
The top shelf has a drop down door and the other four are pull out. Frost free product which comes with a 3 year warranty and I have had no trouble in the two years since I purchased it on 13/12/2018 for $498. For a couple this is right size and I would recommend it highly.

Hi Rehandra,
Thank you for the great review and appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback.

Chris & ElizabethHunter Region, NSW

Regular problems with it switching off and food thawing.

Again we find this freezer compressor not working despite the power light on and the food thawed out with no aparent cause. We purchased it new and this is the fourth or fifth time in four years.
For some reason if we switch it off at the wall for an hour it will start running again, before the techician arrives.
Obviously a design fault with the thermostats installed in these unit,so don't buy one, and look for a more reliable brand.
Chris & Elizabeth.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Spare Part

I ordered a Top Drawer for the Freezer model HR6VFF177A from Bigwarehouse spares and waited for over 2 1/2 months having paid for it upfront. In the end I wanted refund of money paid as item not delivered. I am desperate to get this spare part and information on any supplier would be much appreciated. I am quite satisfied with the functioning of the freezer itself. Unfortunately plastic drawer panel being very flimsy, it came off on pulling the drawer out !

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
bailey
baileyWestern District, VIC

hr6VFF177a has stopped working less than 6 months old

freezer has red warning light on, checked with product manual and online still no go green light on freezer red warning light on and compressor does not work and no sound from freezer all food in freezer bad and had to be thrown out

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $649.00.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry.

P w
P wSydney, NSW

Don’t buy any Hisense products. Poor customer service

Bought this product and had some issue later. Tried to Call or email the warranty team. No response at all. To avoid any trouble later, don’t purchase this brand at all

Ben S.Hisense

Hi , we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. Please email me directly at crt@hisense.com with your reference number I will look into it further.

Brought in May 2019 only 6 months old max

6 mths old, it stop working.
Its at the end of our fortnight shop cycle, so lost about $100 worth of freezer stuff.
Lucky theres a 3yr warranty on this product.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $799.00.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi Cindy , we are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your freezer , can you please provide me with Hisense reference number to crt@hisense.com ?

georgie
georgie

It's ok

The energy rating is not that good. It does do what it was designed for and I have had no problems with it. I find it a bit small on the inside especially as its only for two people.

Purchased in November 2018 at RetraVision.

Find out how Hisense HR6VFF177A compares to other Upright Freezers

Wish I had read the reviews before buying

The door is hard to open (seals to tight) so the whole freezer moves every time the door is opened (unless you hold the freezer while you pull the door open which is hard to do when you have your hands full). I find the loud click that the freezer makes every time the motor stops and starts annoying, I have never experienced this before with other freezers. Occasionally there are droplets of ice that come out of the grill at the top on the freezer. The top shelf that tips when you open the shelf door makes no sense to me.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi , we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry

SamVictoria

Bad quality

Very bad quality product, 3&1/2 years old freezer stopped working without warning, all the food was wasted , apparently the defrost timer was faulty, cost to fix $200 and no guarantee, how terrible is that?

Purchased in April 2016.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi Sam , we are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Hisense product . Sam do you have your Hisense reference number so i call look into your file ?

Ben S.Hisense

Hi Sam , did you make any contact with Hisense regarding the issues you were having ?

Alisa
AlisaSydney, NSW

Pretty good Upright Freezer

I've never bought a Hisense product before have always stuck with the traditional brands but I'm impressed with this Upright Freezer, its frost free which is just essential these days, for people who don't have a lot of room to fit these in near the kitchen it works well plus great space in the drawers to separate meat, chicken, fish etc. good value for money.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $578.00.

lemmie
lemmiedelan

Don't waste you hard earned dollars

Never again, failed within a month,lost all our food, tried to contact hisense, surprise they are on a public holiday 28/09/18, checked online with other owners, and reset the defrost timer, hope it works but too scared to use it, no point in having a freezer you can't trust, it sits alongside a westinghouse which is 6 months old, no problem there, should not have let the salesgirl talk us into the hisense, never again will i consider hisense products, they apparently know of this fault and have done nothing. as soon as the warranty runs out to the dump Beware.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
John H
John HVictoria, 3814

So far all good

Read a few bad reviews on this product, however, so far I've been quite happy with this freezer.
Heaps of room on either your choice of using the baskets or just using the shelves. Baskets seem a bit flimsy and tend to pop out when pulling them forward. Just a matter of getting use to I guess. Also the freezer has quite a strong closing door, which to me seems like it is keeping the door well closed. Lets be honest we can't expect too much if we are not prepared to pay for a big brand freezer. Time will tell I guess.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sheryl
SherylElizabeth east

Junk

Came home from holidays and lent on freezer and it was boiling hot! All the food was defrosted inside and alarm light was on lucky didn't catch on fire. This freezer was only 4 years old and purchased the fridge to so I am sure the same things will happen. Will not purchase another product of there's again. Not happy!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Read more reviews - page 2

Tracey
Traceyasked

How do you level this freezer? Need the front left side leg to come down but won’t move. Is there a trick to it?

Kerry L.asked

just walked into the laundry, and the room was HOT, I touched the sides of my freezer and it was really hot, and the alarm light is on. I have turned it off and waited 10 minutes and turned back on with the super freeze. My meat was partially defrosted so I think it happened early this morning. lost my icecreams. I am reading that this is a problem with seems like all Hisense products. I only bought this is March this year, so only 8 months old. Not sure if it is going to get working or not.

Wally

I have had the identical model for 4 years and not had any issues. If it is only 8 months old, replacement warranty should apply. I would advice you to contact the dealer for a replacement. Hisense Australia may be contacted on 03 9765 8800. Please have the serial number of the product handy when you call them. If I remember correctly, there is a 3 year manufacturers warranty on the product.

Kerry L.

Where is the serial number on the appliance? But the good news. I have it all working. But i am concerned that it might have been the heat that caused the problem. now having hotter days since I first bought it. I might have to keep my doors in the laundry open to facilitate some movement of air when it is over 30c. I am not sure, has gone cold again. Thanks

Chris & Elizabeth

We have had the same issue about four times when it defrosted and after switching of by unplugging for a while operates normally until the next time.We have ours located in our attached garage where it is hotter in the summer. The freezer generates heat as part of normal operation, with the left side always warm so it should be in a partly ventillated room. It would appear that this brand and model has a design failt with the thermostat and is unable to cope with moderate summer temperatures. If still in warranty you should strongly complain, because it will happen again. Hope you can sort it out.
Cheers,Chris .

Noelle
Noelleasked

Hi, I’ve just noticed my freezer isn’t making any noise and the power light is off. Everything is still frozen so I’m not sure if I’ve just happened to open it just in time to notice?

Look to be honest I don’t take much notice of the lights but shouldn’t the power light be on to show that it’s receiving power?

Ben S.Hisense

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives

With its 176-litre capacity, space-saving vertical profile and reversible door, the HR6VFF177A is a perfect fit for a wide variety of kitchens and homes. It offers a host of versatile features including frost-free operation, temperature control, a Super Freeze function that gets food colder more quickly, see-through drawers and a convenient quick access panel. The HR6VFF177A is available as a stand-alone freezer or as a matching pair with the HR6AF243 single-door refrigerator.

The Hisense 176L Upright Freezer is a practical solution for small to medium-sized households who require more freezer space for their meat, vegetables, frozen meals, and ice cream. This stand-alone freezer is a great choice if you want the convenience of buying groceries in bulk or if you like to prepare meals in advance.

Features

Frost Free: No more finding ice all over your meals when you open your freezer with clever Frost Free technology that removes frost build-up.

Reversible door for versatile positioning: The reversible door on the Hisense upright freezer lets you enjoy more options for conveniently positioning the freezer to suit different kitchen layouts.

Storage drawers: Store your items easily. Maximise the use of space using the built-in storage drawers.

White finish: This model is finished in a stylish white that is easy to clean and fingerprint resistant.

What reviewers thought:

This freezer is a great size and is able to hold a large amount of food. Some users have complained that it tends to break down and their food goes to waste. They also found that the Frost Free feature isn’t as effective as hoped as their food still ends up covered in frost.

CategoryUpright Freezers