Hisense HR6VFF255 / HR6VFF255B / HR6VFF255S

HR6VFF255B, HR6VFF255BS, HR6VFF255, HR6VFF255S

Erin

ErinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lasted 9 Years

Purchased in April 2011 at Harvey Norman for $988.00.

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good piece of kit

Had the freezer 8 years not a single problem, great buy, good value for money. In the time couple of drawers broke but were easily replaced. Would buy another one.

Purchased in December 2012 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

MrsCAU

Very happy with my freezer

I bought my freezer from Good Guys about 4 years ago. I recently moved house and had to put it into storage for 3 months, and I worried that it might not survive being moved twice and turned off for 13 weeks. Up until the move, it had worked perfectly. Well, it's been in its new home for a month now and operating perfectly. I love it. It is so much more efficient than a chest freezer - much easier to keep stored food orderly and find things quickly. Stores a large volume of food.

I am hoping the door can be reversed as my only complaint is that in my new house it opens the wrong way, but that's not really a major issue. It would just be more convenient opening the other way, and I from looking at it, I suspect it can.

Purchased in March 2016 at The Good Guys for $799.00.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi, Thank you for the review and feedback, all in which will be passed on for further improvements.

Freezers

Find out how Hisense HR6VFF255 / HR6VFF255B / HR6VFF255S compares to other Freezers

knitinoz

knitinozGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mine is around 9 -10 years old still running well can't fault it

I was surprised to read some terrible reviews. I've had mine for 9 to 10 years, yes I replaced a draw about 7 years ago and am just replacing another but I dropped it as it was too heavy for me, not the manufacturers fault. I love the drawers. Was hesitant to buy Hisense at first but now it depends on your budget but definately had our monies worth and it will run for many more years.

Purchased in November 2010 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi , thank you for taking the time to write just a great review.

susanCentral, SA

dont buy Hisense ever......

yep piece of junk never again temp drops to -10 for no reason then slowly climbs back up .Not spending another cent on it.Dont buy this make ever you will regret it.

Purchased in July 2014 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi , we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry

MICK

MICKPerth, WA

ALARM light stays on freezer defrosted itself

can anyone tell me what part is required to fix this fault .Fan is working fine condenser is purring just not freezing again.just the alarm light stays on thanks for any advice

Purchased in March 2015 at The Good Guys for $498.00.

Vision54

Vision54South East Queensland, QLD

Pleasantly Surprised

The only problems experienced with the freezer have been needing tobrescrew the door handle and occasionally needing to remove ice build up from below the lowest bin. I eally like the clear plastic bins. The temperature display is a very nice touch, the fast freeze function is also handy. There is an alarm to indicate possible failure to maintain temperature, say from extended power outage or door not properly closed.

Date PurchasedDec 2010
Elaine

ElaineShepparton

A load of rubbish

Had the unit 2 years and 3 days out of warranty the auto defrost is not working. Hisense would not cover costs for service despite if failed during a public holiday. Had it repaired and within 8 weeks have the same problem. Would not buy another product from their range, so now off to replace unit that will hoplefully give me a better run for my money.

Stop freezing - absolute rubbish

This freezer worked well for 1st 18 months but does not defrost now and stops freezing every few months to be switched off to defrost befor using again - absolute rubbish !! Don't buy any hi sense ! Once you manually defrost it it irks again for a while - just rubbish

Freezers

Should last more than three years at least

Same situation after 3 years freezer is not working, had to throw so much food away as I buy meat in bulk. When you buy an appliance you expect it to last more than three years. This is ridiculous after reading similar stories I am not sure I want it repair? Will not buy this brand ever again and don't understand why shops even sell it.

Stu102

Stu102Gold Cosst

Terrible draws

You can stack heaps of food in the nice clear draws, but don't try and take things out,because the draws fall off their runners,and you can't get them back in Terrible design.Works well but those pull out draws yuck.Freezer looks smart with a temperature gauge on the door.The draws are a pain

Ness

NessAU

How is it now - Mistee 3

I was wondering if your freezer that was working so well back in 2012 is still working? We bought ours in 2012 and has worked well until now, but here I am having the same issue as everyone else has had & a freezer full of lost food :( The alarm light is on & I have no idea what the problem is which is how I found this conversation to begin with :(

Very disappointed

The same happened to me: the Alarm light came on and everything in the freezer defrosted. Now I am afraid it will happen again and again like with other customers. The freezer is a year old. Will see how Hisense is handling this.

Jen

JenCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

Do not buy Hisense freezers

I have had my freezer for just over 3 years and for the 3rd time my freezer has thawed itself when it is full to capacity with food. The next day when we went to bag the food to take to the tip it had refrozen. Not sure how many times this may have happened before.
Previously Hisense told me to reset the freezer. The second time they wanted me to reset it and I wanted someone to check it out as there was obviously a problem, so they came out with spare parts.
Hisense finally have decided to replace my freezer. Luckily I don't have to replace it with another Hisense brand, thank you to the Good Guys for their assistance.

My opinion is stay away from hisense.

Lisa H

Lisa HMelbourne

Terrible terrible freezer

I have owned this freezer for 14 months, and poof. It just died and yep. You guessed it. Full of food. I admit Hisense weren't to bad to deal with over the phone and I did get a tech to show up at the house within a week. What I am annoyed about is he showed up ALREADY HAVING THE PART SENT TO HIM BY HISENSE. They KNOW there's a problem with these freezers and apparently because its not a safety issue they wont recall. Really bad form :(

Warren

Warren

Very poor freezer

After 2 years, freezer defrosted and we lost all our recently harvested fruit and vegies. Hisense were very rude and un-coperative. They knew what was wrong with it without having it checked by service technician, so obviously an ongoing, common problem with their products. Will not buy any of their products again!!!!!!!

Very unreliable

Sarahs1

Sarahs1Ipswich

Waste of money. Very poor quality.

Brought this freezer from the good guys when it Started defrosting food at only four months old. Started working again, then completely died a week later. Would not recommend this brand to anyone.
Also had a very terrible time when dealing with the company.
We will be staying away from this brand completely.

Everything

Gailanne
Gailanne

My daughter had the exact same problem with her Kelvinator, good and bad in all modls!!

Annoyed

Annoyedbrisbane

Broken draw. no warranty

First time this was used after a bulk meat buy,a draw split down the middle when opening. They refuse to send another. They will not cover a broken draw under warranty they said. I should be able to use it without failure. Do not buy hisense. Deadset pathetic. I will be taking it further
Pathetic warranty and customer service
Bad warranty service. refuse to replace draw

Shocking product

I have had this freezer for about 2 years, and already i have had it repaired as the defrosting timer died and stopped the entire freezer and destroyed $700 worth of food and my weeding cake. When talking to Hisenese they were very rude and didnt care. Now only 6 months later again im having issues with the Freezer not defrosting at all. Terrible freezer and fridge, we were stupid enough to have bought the Pigeon pair.

Unreliable, hard to clean the fridge. Terrible warranty service

Linda

LindaSunshine Coast QLD

Not Happy Jan!

Had the freezer almost 2 years I guess, or there abouts, it has just died again for the second time! Got fixed after about a year, now happened again. Not good enough! Would not recommend it. I also bought this one because it had plastic drawers not wire. Luckily I have a 3 year warranty! Bit scared to fill the thing up if it gets fixed again.
Plastic drawers
Broken down twice!

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

HR6VFF255 / HR6VFF255B / HR6VFF255S

Have a Hisense HR6VFF255B which we bought in 2012. Has been terrific with no problems except I have just noticed there is ice build up at the bottom of the freezer. This is causing a problem for the bottom drawer and also I don't think it should be there. What has caused this and how do I get rid of the ice without having to turn the freezer off if possible.

Never had that problem

Never had that problem.

Jimb
Jimb

We had that problem defrosted a couple of weeks later freezer died 8 to 10 years old.

Matt M.

Matt M.asked

HR6VFF255 / HR6VFF255B / HR6VFF255S

. Has stopped freezing - everything has thawed - lost an entire freezer full of food.
Is there a reset button?

susan

mine had a 24 hour super freeze button it meant freezer would run on full for 24 hours it bought the temp back to normal but still had the problem a week later .I lost approx 3 loads of food before i dumped the unit.Thermostat was tested and all good ,I was told i would need to replace the mother board but was not worth the risk so off it went .I will never buy another.I have had a Fisher and Pykel for 18 years not one problem.

Derek Ratcliff

Derek Ratcliffasked

HR6VFF255 / HR6VFF255B / HR6VFF255S

How do I adjust the door. It keeps opening by itself. Can I adjust the distance between door and body of the freezer?

MrsC

Sorry, I have no idea. I've never had a problem.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives

Compare all 4 Hisense HR6VFF255 / HR6VFF255B / HR6VFF255S