Hisense HR6VFF280D / HR6VFF280SD

Hisense HR6VFF280D / HR6VFF280SD

HR6VFF280D (White), HR6VFF280SD (Stainless Steel)

BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love It

I absolutely love this upright freezer.
If I wanted to complain, I would suggest a light in the freezer would be nice.
The 2 slide covers are awkward but I leave them open.
I had a Kelvinator previously but was not prepared to pay the extra $1500 for a light.
The Kelvinator drawers are all awkward to open and are very cheap.
I am really happy with this freezer.
I have only had it a couple of months.
Time will tell.

Purchased in November 2019.

Chris A.

Chris A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stopped freezing. Not happy.

Purchased new from Good Guys in May, 2015. Now in July, 2019 after only 4 years the top half of the freezer doesn't freeze. Obviously not meant to last for long. Don't buy Hisense.

Purchased in May 2015.

PollyfodderNorth Queensland, QLD

Beautiful freezer

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $765.00.

Coops

CoopsHobart, TAS

Upright is the best!

We upgraded from a chest freezer! Chose the 280l model to compensate for the lost space. So much easier to find items, and you can use each shelf for different items. Suggest the 280l is equivalent to a 200-220l chest freezer. had it for 2 months, works great, no issues.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $674.00.

pebble

pebbleWA, 6530

So much better than a chest freezer

Purchased in January 2019 at RetraVision for $800.00.

Fixed draw problem

Trouble with 3rd draw from bottom. Kept dropping off runners at front. Cut a peice of fibreglass rod 34.5 centremeters long and 10 millimeters in diameter has a grove it fits in now no problems. Hope this may help others with this problem. Could also use a peice of dowel wood.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Lance H

Lance HPerth

This is an excellent freezer

A solid well built freezer with temperature display in the door,which is a very handy feature. All the pull out drawers are of a very sturdy material.
Another plus is that it has a 3 year warranty, also has a ice dispenser inside which is very handy in the summer. Fast freeze option is a bonus.
We are very happy with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Loved it but only lasted 9 months

The design of the storage space is great. At 9 months ours simply stopped freezing - the motor was humming and lights working, but was not chilling. 7 days after reporting the problem (& follow-ups) we are still waiting to hear from a Hisense tech, let alone have a visit. We lost all the contents and still have no freezer.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
SelRap

SelRap

Great

This product is amazing. Keeps food at it’s best. Good quality and recommend to anyone needing to put this item in their beautiful kitchen. Had cyclone a year or two ago and kept food cool for few days. Didn’t open it to often and did really well. Good product to work.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Lyn Hawkins

Lyn HawkinsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good freezer - good value for the price

Good value for money. The ice tray is a winner.
The shelf covers open upwards then slide along a slot. The covers take up more room than I thought so the internal storage space is less than our previous freezer of much the same nominal volume. The covers are also a bit 'clunky' so don't slide well. Maybe the next model will have sleeker covers which would do the same job of keeing the cold in when you open the door.
Given that the covers do help with the efficient running as it seems to work much more efficiently than our Westinghouse did.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Sandy and Stephen

Sandy and StephenSydney

Great buy

This single upright fridge turned out to be better than I thought I waited up against the Westinghouse but chose this fridge even though it was slightly thinner I felt the quality in the shelving was better and more sturdy since buying it I have realised I had way more space than I thought I'm glad I didn't buy the larger Westinghouse. With great study interior and ample space child lock and Temperature Control display this fridge is an absolute winner and my electricity bill has actually improved which just goes to show my old LG upside down fridge was costing more to run very happy with my purchase extremely happy with the quality it's interior quality is better than both Westinghouse and LG in my opinion which I've previously owned.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
George

George

Happy

Quite happy with this fridge. It has two draws at the bottom "double crispers". It has a LED screen on the front that shows how cool the fridge is at any given time, a pretty useless feature really, but we brought it anyhow because it was the right size for out kitchen.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Stevenj32

Stevenj32CHADSTONE

Loads of room

This is quite a large upright freezer, loads of room inside, so many compartments and an ice cube maker, very quick time to temperature, love the controls, digital on the front of the door, the seals on the door guarantee no cold air gets out, very quiet, we love it, recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Are there dowel slides or something missing under my drawers?

A few months ago we bought a set of hisense fridge and freezer. My freezer "would" be absolutely awesome, if it were not for the 90% of the time, need, to pull the drawer out and start again. The drawer easily comes off the side guide and falls onto lower drawer. On closer inspection of the "guides", it appears as if there should be two cross bars or something that would fit into the indents in them. This would definitely fix my issue. Unfortunately they never came with my freezer and were thus never installed and now this has become a very frustrating issue.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
SummerSkye

SummerSkyeQueensland

Hisense has won me over

When I moved into my new house I had room for a double fridge and freezer and got convinced to buy separately. After looking at power ratings and prices and general look I chose Hisense. I'd never bought anything by this brand before.

I absolutely love this freezer! We've had some black outs here and the freezer has done really well through them. No technical issues. I appreciate it's reminder to close the door after a while. Ultimately a great freezer and I will now be looking at Hisense more often.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

BMack

BMack

It works well - drawers slip though

We're liking our purchase. Coming on 12 months of use now. Sometimes I hear it kick in and wonder its a car in the distance, but I wouldn't say it loud. The big thing that we are having an issue with is the drawers slip a fair bit when we open/close them. I often find that I have to lift it out again and refit. But really, it's no major drama for the price and energy usage of the freezer.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
DragonWolf

DragonWolfQLD, 4655

Perfect Upright Freezer

I have been looking at this model for a few months now, & when I finally had the money I didn't hesitate in going to my Harvey Norman store and buying it. It's the right size for my family & our needs, I love the clear draws and flaps so you can see exactly what is in there, so no more removing half the contents out just to find what you need. I find it quite when running & I love the display on the front to show you what temp it's at.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Lisa45South East Queensland, QLD

i want the matching fridge

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Forrie

ForrieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

WHAT A GREAT FREEZER

After having our previous freezer for 45 years, and the need to regularly manually defrost it, we decided to replace it with a Hisense Upright Freezer. And how glad we are that we did. It's fantastic. Very quiet running, drawers that slide easily, and shelves and drawers that are all easily accessed. And a bonus is the ice block maker which is so simple to use. The price was also great with The Good Guys matching a competitors price.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
wendy e

wendy e

Excellent value

I can thoroughly recommend the Hisense all-freezer! Great value for money, excellent design,quiet operation and energy efficient which saves money in the long term. The glass shelves are a breeze to clean - I prefer them to slatted racks - with easy access to items. Love the ice drawer! An outstanding freezer - the best I have owned.

Kevinasked

I bought a Hisense HR6VFF280D freezer, apart from one of the top plastic door flaps shattering at a few weeks old it WAS a great freezer, freezer burn was a thing of the past, seemed to use a lot less electricity than my old westinghouse of similar size. Until it was just out of warranty, then it started making a buzzing sound in the door,which progressively got worse over the last 3 months. Pushing on top corner of door would stop it most times, I thought adjust the hinge might help. My oldest son had a look at it yesterday and reckoned moving the wire around that runs under the plastic flap on top of the door stopped the noise. Display on door still showed ok after that for a few hours then nothing at all, wiggling the wire around now makes no difference, I'm about to lose a full freezer of food, which now the coronavirus panic buying is going on even if I could afford to replace it all I probably couldn't. I am not happy and would not reccomend buying any hisense product to anyone

Bev

Hi Kevin, Apparently you may still be able to get this repaired under warranty. If they do not agree you can then take it to VCat. Several people have won cases similar to yours. Most people would expect to have a freezer for a least 7 years in this throw-away society. I would also contact the store you purchased it from and see if they could help. You could also phone your insurance company and see if your food is covered on insurance and maybe a new freezer. However, be careful how you word what you say, that makes all the difference to a claim.

Kevin

Thanks Bev, I rang Hisense and they were very helpful and agreed it should have lasted longer and have escalated it, they said hisense might pay for parts and labour for repair, if they do that I'll be very happy. From what I've seen it's a common issue with them so hoping that they have fixed whatever the problem is with their parts now.

Hisense
Jasmine F.Hisense

Hi Kevin , Thank you for your email we are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with one of our units.Can you please provide me with your Hisense Reference number and I will look over your claim.

Cristina

Cristinaasked

The multi touch control panel keeps flashing and beeping. What’s wrong and how to make it stop.

Bev

Cristina: If the previous answers have not helped. I would phone their support team. If that does not work try Consumer Affairs/VCat.

Hisense
Jasmine F.Hisense

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry.

Cristina

Cristinaasked

Bev

Hi Cristina, I have not had this problem touch wood. I have read that some people have had this happen to them. Don't muck around contact the store you purchased it from and tell them you want it repaired. I gather it is still under warranty. I would be asking and insisting on a new panel. Good luck.

Bev

Perhaps unplug for 30mins then turn back on. See if that helps.

Hi Cristina,
Best call the technical support people on (Aust) 1800 447 367
They'll be able to help.
Mine ONLY did that when I left the door open.
Hope this helps :)
Peter
Townsville

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives

Download manual