Hisense Series 5 N5

Hisense Series 5 N5 (page 2 of 2)

58N5 (58"), 65N5 (65") and 75N5 (75")

Great tv

Great TV.

Has lots of options to adjust brightness etc. Loads of HDMI and USB ports. The TV has a 3 year warranty which is above Sony and LG, the big players in the TV market.

It uses very little electricity, much less than Sony TV this size. Overall very happy with this purchase

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great tv

We bought this 65 inch tv for our media room and its fantastic. The ease of use with having the Netflix button on the controller is a great idea. Picture is clear. Great value for money. Hisense is a budget but good quality brand. Never had an issue with any of their products we have bought.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent Value For Money

Wasn’t expecting anything great from this brand, but got a ‘buy one, get one half-price’ deal that was too good to pass up. Have been pleasantly surprised but the quality of this TV. Good picture and sound quality, easy-to-use features. My young children are able to navigate the remote easily. Very happy overall.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good for the price

Needed a to replace an old Sony dinosaur to that had a blown tuner so went for the Hisense due to price
The picture quality is great! It shows all pictures brilliantly! Very vibrant..
It has more then enough ports to run everything through it.
It’s very handy having YouTube and Netflix available automatically on the tv, with the ability to add more apps if you want to! It saves running it through a different device.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great value

Purchased because of price, (superseded model.)
Easy to set up and we are very happy with the TV.
There seems to be enough ports but we have not explored all functions so far.
The sound is adequate
As I said for the price of $771 it is great value for a 55 inch TV screen
The whole transaction from going into Radio Rentals in Mount Barker, South Australia took less than 20 mins
to get it loaded into our car.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Wonderful tv

The picture is clear, colors are fantastic and I've never seen better. The sound is fantastic it's never crackles or sound distorted at all. There is enough hdmi ports for you Xbox, ps4 or any other devices you can plug it in to. If you get a change get one of these

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Love my hisense

The picture quality is great! It shows all pictures brilliantly! Very vibrant..
It has more then enough ports to run everything through it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Picture perfect

Love the picture quality its pretty good for a cheaper tv, sound is not so good we had to buy a sound bar to enhance the sound quality. Its a smart tv but some of the applications dont work so well. We are pretty happy with the ports they are enough for us

Date PurchasedDec 2016

good for the price

picture quality - great overall for the price this is a great TV
- my issue with this TV is its slow, there's a lag from the remote to TV and the start up is rather slow also. but again, other than that its fine. id still happily pay less than the competitors and deal with this as a sacrifice.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

worth the money!!

purchase during sale, big screen with 4k quality. my favorite is the feature of freeview plus and youtube!
been using for 3 months now. no trouble at all. sound quality is great. with HDMI ports. really easy to use with the apps in place. Love this TV and worth the money

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good quality. Worth for the money.

I bought this tv 3 months ago and this has actual 4K quality when you watch high quality videos. Prior to this tv I had a Sonia uhd tv and it doesn't have the said uhd quality at all. I see a clear difference with this tv over the soniq tv. Another important feature I like most is the integrated Netflix and you tube option which I can acces simply pressing the Netflix or you tube button in the tv remote. Really worth for the money.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

great quality tv

the vivid color setting makes people's face a bit red i noticed.Has a great amount of ports,Netflix and YouTube which is great,highly recommend if you love watching netflix and youtube and love smart tv's, lost of apps and the speakers are awesome for movies and netflix and youtube. great tv

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Is a good tv for price

This tv has a good remote with built in controls for Netflix and YouTube which is great. It offers a good picture and good size tv. Sound quality is good, had for 8 months and had no problems.
You can also record shows and has a good electric guide function

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Best Price Ever for ultra smart tv

This Tv is amazing Value! 58 inch 4K Smart Tv for under $1000! Picture quality is super clear, easy to use hand controller & love how Netflix is preloaded so set up was so easy. USB port, 3x HDMI, & internet ready- can't ask for any more than that! Love this Big Screen Smart TV

Fantastic quality

We purchased this big screen last month and couldn't be happier! The picture quality is truly fantastic, I have actually had quite a few people comment to me about how impressive the picture quality is!
The built in speakers are also good quality, I only do wish they would go a little but louder, but they do work extremely well!
Has a great amount of ports, very satisfied with that area too!
And best of all, the apps are great!! They work extremely well, making it especially easy if you don't have real great internet coverage.
So all in all I highly recommend!! Have had no trouble what so ever this this great buy!!

Perfect

Date PurchasedMar 2017

High quality for low price

We bought this TV for our bedroom to replace an old LG. We were hesitant at first given the great low price but after reading other reviews went for it. I'm so glad we did. The features this TV has especially the Netflix button built into the remote at fantastic. We watch tv more in the bedroom now than the lounge. The only thing I have notice is the vivid color setting makes people's face super red but only on free to air tv, color is fine on movies, Foxtel and netflix. I will be purchasing a hisense for our lounge when the time comes.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Do Not Buy If You Want Plex To Work

Good TV, easy to set up and picture and sound seems to be good quality. Has ample HDMI inputs and USB as well. Haven't seen any 4K video as yet so cannot comment on that. TV came pre installed with Plex which was one of the reasons the TV was purchased. Plex does not work. Have contacted Hisense support to be advised that Plex is a third party app supplied by the open source opera TV store and Hisense does not support this.

The following statement is direct from the Plex forums "To be very clear, we (Plex) don't actually officially support HiSense television sets currently. HiSense made our app available on their sets via the Smart TV Alliance, but hasn't provided us any sets to be able to test anything on, unfortunately."

Why promote a TV that has apps that are not supported? Opera TV store apps are terrible and not suited to the Australian market. If you want a smart TV that gives you flexibility in apps that are available and Plex, do not buy this one.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Don't Buy If You Like Good Quality Pictures

I bought it not only because it was a great price for a 58" TV. Pictures shown in store is set to store mode and looks great.
Easy to set up. Turned on to watch TV picture was of very poor quality. Any fast moving shows like Sports quality disappointing.
I returned it to the store two days later and got a refund.
I must say staff service at JB Hi-Fi was Super Fantastic.

It's a no-brainer.

Straight out of the box, the Hisense 58" is outstanding. Free to air TV looks sharp and vivid and the picture only gets better with HD, Full HD and 4K source. Netflix 4K shows look ridiculous, it's like looking through an enormous window onto the scene.

Dedicated Netflix, YouTube and Freeview Plus buttons make it a snack to use and the setup and tuning was painless. It turns on quickly and changes channels quicker than my old Samsung LCD.

About the only negative I can say is that it doesn't have a swivel stand, as we have a lot of ambient light in our lounge room and would like to angle it away from the windows at times.

Do yourself a favour and pick one of these up for $995 while they're on special. I cannot imagine why you'd spend more?