Hitachi 235mm

Hitachi 235mm

C9BA2 and C9SA2
5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Circular Saws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent saw

This has been an excellent saw and still going strong. It is really of trade quality but I use it for DIY use and so it breezes through everything asked of it. It has plenty of power to slice through any timber. I have mounted it in a Triton workcentre and it has been excellent. The blade that came with it lasts a long time and has been fine. I did upgrade the blade eventually. I have had no faults with this saw after all these years. It works well every time.

The only criticism I have is really a generic issue with most circular saws. The bracket to reduce the depth of the saw is not rigid enough. Therefore over time it becomes sloppy and so the blade is no longer in complete alignment when not at full depth. At full depth this is not an issue. You would not notice this in handheld use but it does matter when used in the Triton workcentre. However as I say, that is a problem that is not unique to this saw. (and there is a bracket you can get from Triton for this issue).

I see they have a new model now. If it is as good as this model, it would be money well spent.

Date PurchasedNov 2009