Hitachi NV65AF3 Coil

Hitachi NV65AF3 Coil

See the Best Nail / Staple Guns in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for HiKOKI (Hitachi) Power Tools? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.7

Great gun; expensive parts

Great lightweight, heavy duty nail gun (I own several as run a fencing business).
    I needed to replace the main piston O-ring and was quoted $84. For a plastic o-ring!!
    Absolutely ridiculous price for parts from Hitachi. Poor form.

Purchased in January 2018 for $699.00.

rubbish service

Not even two years old and the magazine is broken for the second time. After further research I discovered that it was a common fault. Hitachi told me it was due to wear and tear so the 3 year warranty that comes with the product is worthless.The gun is great to use but dont expect any support or warranty to be honoured.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

over priced lemon

After paying more than $750 for a gun that was made in japan i thought it was money well spent.I was very mistaken.The gun lasted about 8 months before it started playing up.The gun needed a new power head spring and piston ring aswell as only being able to be used on bump fire.The spring and piston ring had just broken into pieces.After replacing these parts it lasted approx another 4 months before the same thing happened again.This was an on going problem for the next 2 years when i finally decided it was due for the rubbish.Very dissapointing
    It was very light and well balanced
    Expensive.Would have been better off buying a cheap chinese made one

manoutdorsasked

In defence of the Hitachi 65AF3 Coil Nailer, I just hired one & shot off 1000 x 50 mm nails with it & it worked perfectly. It is a hire gun & has been used extensively by all types of untrained users & is still working fine. Probably gets serviced regularly but still, pretty good test for a tool. Still waiting to hear how that "el cheapo" is going Mannie?

mannie

The ryobi is holding up fine, but I havent used it much. Its just a bit noisier than the Hitachi and heavier. But at least I am assured of them standing by their warranty.

manoutdors

Thanks for the feed back mannie. Still tossing up which one so nice to know. Cheers.

manoutdorsasked

Got any suggestions on a decent coil nail gun? I do a lot of treated pine fences & looking for a reliable but relatively inexpensive coil nail gun to buy. Wont be used extensively but I'd like it to work when I do. Cheers.

mannie

No sorry, I have gone for an el cheapo from bunnings. They have a no hassle returns policy. Not that I want my gear to break down but after the Hitachi saga I cant be bothered arguing with them anymore.

manoutdors

Would that be the Ryobi Airwave Coil Nail gun? Interested to see how it goes whatever you got;-)

• GTIN13: 4966376110018