Kaila

KailaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service

2 weeks ago I ordered a hive mobile sim. After 1 week it had still not been shipped. After 2 weeks I received a sim card, however it was not a hive mobile sim card it was a moose mobile sim card. I was then told in order to get what I had actually paid for I would need to send back the moose mobile sim and then they would send me a hive sim once they received the moose sim. In between emails I waited days before hearing back and had to send multiple emails. I recently sent an email stating I would no longer like to go with hive and would like a full refund and have not heard anything back. The response time and lack of professionalism has been very disappointing. I will never recommend hive mobile to anyone.

I would confidently recommend them.

Very useful and responsive service center. This alone has no price!!!
I regret they do not offer international roaming, but then to be honest very few online only SIM operators in Australia offer that.
Very good network coverage and download speed to my experience.

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for the great words of recommendation, Alexis!

Darryl McRae

Darryl McRaeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very Happy

No problems with service. My only gripe would be to have more payment options, for example; advanced payment option. I would be happy to pay for 3,6 or 12 months in advance

Plan Cost per Month: $10.80

J Smith

J SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Telco

It's everything you want from a Telco at a cheap price. The only downside is the limited data access of 1Gb on the $9.80 plan. They also have a monthly direct debit facility.

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for choosing Hive, J!

Russell L

Russell LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product an excellent service just what you need.
Data speeds could be a little faster.
Coverage is great no drop outs which makes it so great and a pleasure to use. Thanks hive!

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for recommending Hive, Russell!

Review collected in partnership with Hive Mobile

Con

ConGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I have had the service for 3 months and can’t fault it.

Have had no problems with coverage, no drop outs and data downloads are really good.The best thing about hive is the signing up and been able to keep your old number.

Plan Cost per Month: $18.00
Included Data per Month:2 GB
Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for the review, Con!

Ken Siebring

Ken SiebringCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Works well for me , full optus coverage

Title says it all , speed and coverage appear the same , as l don't use much data the cheap plan ( 1gb ) is great
Wifi at home and out covers data anyway

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for the lovely words of recommendation, Ken. Welcome to Hive!

Excellent Service

Have been using the service for about 6 months, no difficulties whatsoever. My wife joined after observing how happy I was. Highly recommend to others. Download speeds are excellent. The prices are a winner with us.

Max K.Hive Mobile

Great to hear you and your wife are enjoying your services with Hive, TJG!

TJG
TJG

Sorry i pushed the wrong button I meant to give 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Hive Mobile

Great price, great customer service!

We have been with Hive Mobile for several months now and it is great! We have saved $$$ and best of all the customer service is great! We are very happy with Hive and have recommended to our family and friends!

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for recommending us to your friends and family, Tal!

Barry Winter

Barry WinterMurray Mallee, SA

Really Pleased

The coverage has been completely reliable wherever we have been.
We use the service tethered to our lap-top, and downloads seem faster than my previous provider.
When I have had queries they have been handled promptly and efficiently by pleasant staff.

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for the kind words on our service, Barry!

Peter Cooper

Peter CooperGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Find the service really good and no issues.

Great service for the right price and would recommend the service to family and friends.
As it’s connected to Optus works well and also they inform you of data usage. Great service.

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for the recommendation, Peter!

Megwin

MegwinSydney, NSW

Just what I need.

This is my first mobile phone provider and I find it great. The data allocation is sufficient for my needs but gives me options to grow. I do not have any drop-outs.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Plan Cost per Month: $9.00
Max K.Hive Mobile

We're delighted to be your first phone provider, Megwin! It's always nice to have a positive experience when you get your first phone plan.

Bruce Coleman

Bruce ColemanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect

My wife and I mainly use the phone and messaging, so is perfect for our needs. My son uses all his data so I will need speak to him about his usage !! Fantastic service.

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for leaving such great feedback regarding your positive experience, Bruce! If you're finding your son is using too much data you can always use our Hive mobile app to space out the data usage throughout the month. It's super handy!

Raveen

RaveenCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent Service Very Reasonably Priced Perfect

Network coverage is the same as optus. Have been using it for nearly 8 months. Havent experienced any drop outs yet. Data speed are also reasonable. Overall well priced.More data would be nice

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for the kind words of recommendation, Raveen!

Leanne Grafton

Leanne GraftonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hive is awesome.

I've never had any problem, neither has my son. We don't seem to have dropouts. The speed is sufficient. Also unlimited calls and texts is great. Wouldn't want to leave Hive.

Plan Cost per Month: $38.50
Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for sticking with us, Leanne. Welcome to Hive!

Phil

PhilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

just what I wanted

very reliable and cheap, just what I wanted as I only ever required a phone and messaging service without the frills. no problems with coverage what's so ever. would recommend to anyone

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for the recommendation, Phil!

Review collected in partnership with Hive Mobile

Haven't had a prob;em with it maybe a little more data download would be nice but don't really use what l get monthly.

I live in Balwyn Victoria, but travel to bendigo etc.and l haven't had any issues. Also l lost the 1st simm chip - I popped it out of the multi shap card and lost never to be found again. Rang the helpdesk, explained the problem and they sent a replacement over night free of charge.
At $10 a month get it and if it doesn't work your've lost a whole $10.

Max K.Hive Mobile

Thanks for the glowing review, John! Glad to see we could get you up and running right away after your first SIM was lost.

Review collected in partnership with Hive Mobile

Great online system, seamless reception and service, just annoying you can't add data.

I am very very happy with Hive overall. The online service system is great, the responses from the email system are prompt and useful, and I don't miss being able to call a call centre. And the actual mobile service and reception is excellent where I am, which is Perth metro, though it functioned fine in Hobart and in Melbourne too. And 10GB for 28.80 is excellent, even with pretty consistent use. The only gripe I have is, I wish I could purchase extra data blocks. Occasionally the internet in my building is weird and I rely more heavily on my phone, so it would be nice to be able to modify that. But it is a budget service so it's hard to complain really.

Plan Cost per Month: $28.80

Best deal going.

Everything about my service is first class and great value for money. The direct debit function makes life easy when the end of the month comes around. It was so easy to join and everything promised has materialised.

Max K.Hive Mobile

Great to see you're making use of our direct debit functionality, Peter. It's always nice to automate these sorts of things!

Steve E

Steve E

No Dramas

Coverage and speed as good as any other provider. Billing occurs easily each month, no problem. The $10/month plan is excellent for teenagers and is great value. Have had no problems since joining. Can recommend!

Plan Cost per Month: $9.98
Max K.Hive Mobile

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Hive, Steve!

curious

curiousasked

Where are your call centres located?

Hi Curious,

Thanks for the question. Our primary call centre is Australian based, and you'll always speak to an Australian if you call within normal work hours. After 5pm and on Saturdays we rely on our trained staff in offshore call centres to assist with calls. However, you can always request for an Australian call centre representative to call you back or to escalate your issue to.

Graeme

Graemeasked

I'm currently updating my elderly mother's phone with a senior's-friendly phone. They all seem to operate through the 3G network. If I were to purchase your $9.80 sim-only plan would the simcard be compatible with an unlocked 3G phone? (I'm specifically looking at the Olitech Easy Mate+ Seniors Mobile Phone).

MacGyver2481
MacGyver2481

Hi Graeme,
I can't see you having a problem connecting with an unlocked 3G phone, see link below for more details and I've found Hive's Call Centre easy and quick to deal with so if still unsure give them a call to be on the safe side.

Hi Graeme,

Our SIMs are compatible with any 3G or 4G phone, but might be limited to one of these depending on the model. If your phone can connect to the Optus 3G network but not the 4G network, then your 3G will still work without a problem. You might run into connectivity issues in the occasional spot where the 4G coverage is much stronger than the 3G, but for most areas you'll be covered.

You can get a better idea of your potential coverage by checking our coverage map online, which I will link below.

Please let us know if you had any further questions regarding the service. We'll be happy to help.

jaypea

jaypeaasked

With HIVE are you connected via Optus or Telstra ?

Hi jaypea,

Hive uses the same network as Optus. Importantly, it's the exact same network, so your service would be identical to an Optus one.

Let us know if you had any other questions regarding our service. We'll be happy to help!

Get an answer from our members and Hive Mobile representatives