Holden Astra AH

Holden Astra AH (page 2 of 5)

See the Best Convertibles in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (33%) · No (67%)

12 years of ownership

Engine Size1.8L Petrol

monkey

monkeySydney

ripoff

nothing but problems timming belt cost 2000 what do I do fix it our replace engine can anyone help I like to now what the best opion is or anyone now any machines who cheap fair or might have a payment plan if any one can help please get back

MpowerSydney

Comfy, Powerfull and Good Looking

BadgeSRi

Holden Astra Sucks

After 13 fixes $41,000 later the judge says no money just 1 more fix
Watever big business sux
So 6 years later I'm supposed to be patient for one more time so the judge can say you've had the cat for 7 years you've used it right?

No I've had Anxiety each time i opened the roof.

June 6th 2018 Update: Holden Astra was so bad it hit discontinued... not only that some parts you cannot get

If you want to spend 45K then sob for the following years... deal with holden! I regretted having ever dealt with them and the last straw was to find out some parts have been totally discontinued.... joke
The times I was left by the way side - rained on ... how infuriating.

Ellejay

EllejaySydney

Reliable, but bad paint work

TransmissionManual

excellent build quality and reliability

I owned my ah astra cd coupe for four years.apart from servicing and replacing front brake pads nothing else needed doing.It had 110000 on the clock when I bought it and 175000 when I sold it.It was a pleasure to drive being a 5 speed manual was fun and zippy couldn't really fault this car I've owned 8 previous cars and this was by far the best!

BodyCoupe
Engine Size1.8L Petrol

Ray

RayPerth

Dont buy one and if you have one sell it now

Engine Size1.8

Tristan ThroupNEERIM SOUTH, VIC

Who says European cars are unreliable?

Engine Size1.8L
Tristan Throup

UPDATE: I have clocked over 200,000 kilometres without any problems. The battery needed replacing as it was 5 years old. And I have decided to get ambitious and see if I could aim to clock 400,000 kilometres.

Tristan Throup

Another thing. I've managed to get 6.7L per 100 km lately with my car. Still running on the 95 PULP. Maintain them and they could still be good for many years to come.

2005 Holden Astra AH CD - excellent car

Badge0
Engine Size1.8L
dan c

dan csydney

Fantastic family car

I have owned my 2008 cdx wagon for 6 yrs i have had no problems with this car, it's been fantastic it has a luxury cabin with leather seats and seat warmers very good for the winter. It is a very economical car it is very roomy inside as well.

Transmissionauto
BodyWagon

irishpete

irishpete

2009 Astra 1.9CDTI Manual

Engine Size1.9CDTI

Great Car!!!!

Bought the car brand new - 08 CDX wagon. Have not had a problem with it in 6 years. Very economical, very reliable. Would definitely recommend.

TransmissionAuto
BodyWagon

David5864

David5864AU

SRI Turbo is a great car, vey fun to drive

Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
BodyCoupe
BadgeSRi Turbo
Date PurchasedAug 2010

drew76

drew76Perth, WA

Solid and good looking. Mechanically soul destroying.

Engine Size1.9DTH
BadgeCDTI
smallcar lover

smallcar loverMELBOURNE

Fuel efficient, but has its issues

Darion

DarionVictoria

Fantastic little car

Engine Size1.8 litre

annoyed

annoyedMelbourne

Good for a first car

This is my first car and have found it very reliable. Purchased second hand at 60,000k. Easy to maintain/service, although at around 100,000km the timing belt needs replacing and this can be pricey- so be wary if purchasing one around 90,000k. Cruise control is a breeze, very good on petrol, handles well. Not sure about other models but my car has full airbags including curtain airbags.
If you are outside the car and hold the unlock button down all the windows go down/ go up when you hold down lock. Cool trick and can close the windows once you've left the car.
Only one cupholder, no console/elbow rest.

Still not sure...

Engine Size1.9
BadgeCDTI

Roger

Roger

We like it ...

We really like our Astra Twin Top. It had a few issues when it was brand new such as having to have the fuel pump replaced 3 times. This issue ended up being an issue that they recalled all the Twin Tops to fix. But now that is all sorted its a great car. It looks great and drives really well.
Sunny days with the top down
the roof takes a fair while to go up and down.

Transmission6 speed manual
prestigelink
prestigelink

ldigitalbathl

ldigitalbathlCanberra

Great car! I wish i did more research though.

Engine SizeZ18XE