Holden Astra BK (Hatchback) R

Holden Astra BK (Hatchback) R (2016-2019)

Also referred to as: Holden Astra BK (Hatchback) R 2018 and Holden Astra BK (Hatchback) R 2020. Manual (2016-2019) and Auto (2016-2019)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

David J.

David J.Sydney, NSW

Back up service under warranty is disgusting

Our Astra with less than 60 000kms on the clock and still under new car warranty had an orange light pop up saying ESC on the dash. So I rang Col Crawford who were great. I got the car in straight away only to be told that the car needed pistons and rings. Not a problem, I understand that, but the problem is that it took me 4 phone calls, an hour of my time each time and threatening that my solicitor said to send them the bills for a hire car to finally get a replacement car while they try and find pistons which they have no time frame on. Be wary if you plan on buying a Holden.

Purchased in July 2018 at Col Crawford for $14,500.00.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort

BP93

BP93Brisbane

Simplicity at its finest!

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedAug 2017
Nic Mc

Nic Mc

Absolutely impressed & exceptional safety!

The 2017 Astra R driving experience is 10/10. For a small car, the performance puts the vehicle in front of all other small-medium car options with the other standard features an added bonus. During front impact the Astra proved significantly sturdy and prevented harsh impact on the driver & passengers.
The interior is stylish, sleek and classy and the Apple/Android car play increases the driving pleasure.
The Astra R fuel economy and other running cost are minimial and overall a high five to Holden for this excellent car!

Engine Size1.4 Turbo petrol
Date PurchasedJan 2017
Brock

BrockBrisbane

This is a well made car. Did really well in my crash.

We brought a new Holden Astra R hatch & had it for two weeks when I was driving through an intersection with a green traffic light & another vehicle traveling the opposite direction ran a red turn arrow & run straight into the front end of my vehicle. I didn't even have time to brake, I struck this other vehicle at about 60 km/h. The airbags went off & the vehicle came to an immediate stop. The front end folded as it's meant to do to keep me safe. I was able to get out of the car with no injuries. I was very impressed with how well the car did in my crash. The car is a write off & we are waiting for our new Astra to arrive.

Engine Size1.4