Holden Astra TS

Holden Astra TS (1998-2005)

3.5

• Boot Size
  • Features
  • Comfort

Finally said goodbye to my 18 year old Astra

Purchased in January 2003 for A$20,000.00.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort
Ngoc Nam Nguyen

Ngoc Nam NguyenSydney

Emission and TCS light always on, pressing gas takes long time to increase speed and noisy engine

Hi, I just bought an old car and just recently it has some problems:
* Emission and TCS light always on
* Whenever speed back to 0 (red light, traffic), pressing gas takes long time to increase speed
* Engine has a weird noise

Can someone please help and let me know what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
BBBrisbane

BBBrisbaneQLD, 4101

Ok for the price, especially being a convertible

There are not many convertible 4 seater cars in the market for the price of an Astra. convertible roofs are complex and prone to faults. Astra is not exception. but finding parts for this car is easy in Australia.
My car had these issues since owning it:
- roof stopped working. busted hydraulic pipe cost around 1k to fix
- leaking engine once from rocker gasket and once from oil pressure sensor
- wheel hub and screws and nuts needed replacements
- shock absorbents needed replacement

lots of issues for a car done just 130k. but still cheaper than trying to buy a let's say golf convertible.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Nick B.

Nick B.Dunsborough

Manual 2000 Holden Astra Hatch. Great little first car

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Beck

BeckPerth

Easy fix for Holden Astra !!!!

If your Astra overheats,
goes into limp mode,
or just plain and simple runs like crap, then call me in Western Australia to fix or perhaps improve the way it runs. My mobile is 0400501037. I have had two TS Astra sedans over the years and since I made this simple modification no limp mode or faults have come and both cars have been driven by learner drivers constantly stalling.....

Date PurchasedMar 2016
AshlynSusan

AshlynSusanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fun Fun Fun in the Sun

Great all rounder car for cruising etc
Good on fuel consumption, Performance & handling on the road with the power when you need it Perfect.
If it rains while enjoying the roof down, going 50km or more you do NOT get wet. Back seat is roomy for all passengers.
Bertone interior looks stylish with sports seats that are so comfortable, even has heater in the seats for warmth in Winter

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Awesome car when in function...

Why does my astra 05 sedan. TS model
Thump into reverse also thump into drive selection and yet the motor runs and sounds normal.However when in drive car does not want to preform like every other day... trans oil check
Engine oil check. Battery check.. may it be a sensor fault.. car starts fine. Need advice plz
Thanks... Sonya perth...

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedJun 2010
Bones269

Bones269Belmont

Good reliable drive

Picked up our 05 Astra Bertone Convertible a few years ago and its been a very reliable drive. They are a good handling car with low outside noise and plenty of cabin room front and back. With the top down the radio increases and decreases volume as needed to compensate for the extra ambient noise. The only real negative is the size of the sunshield being to small to really make much of a difference.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
gori

goriAdelaide

Not a Bad for safety

Saved my life in a massive car accident, thank god airbags worked. It was very unfortunate incident, although I believe mechanically this car wasnt A-one but m more happy to be alive. at the time of purchase it felt like a very strong carand reliable too but later iit gave me a little issues

Date PurchasedMay 2003

jess

jesstoowoomba

this is a great car need some ideas too get it fixed

I have not driven the car but would love too have my beautiful car on the road. And I need a bit of help to make this hapoen. My car has some sort of problem it won't kick over and it need a water pump replacement would this have anything too do with it.

BadgeVXR
Date PurchasedSep 2017
John

JohnAdelaide

12 Years trouble free

Really loved my 2.2 Sri. Had a punchy engine that got upto speed quick. Gear box was smooth but clutch seemed a bit on the touchy side. In my ownership i never had problem and thought the car was well put together. The only problem i had was with the rear wing, you lost a lot of vision from behind with it.

BadgeSRi
Date PurchasedJan 2003
Tash

TashPerth

2002 City Coupe - first car - owned for 5 years now

BodyCoupe
Date PurchasedSep 2012

Puss car

Was bad would not reccomed don't not buy very pricey in parts and Labour over all bad experience I have a car that won't start after timing belt was replaced and now car won't start if anyone is looking can I plz have some answers if possible thanks in advance

BadgeCDTI

Date PurchasedJun 2017
philip kerr

philip kerrbrisbane

No help given

Reported that my dash panel not working eg temp fuel and speedo not working I was told to see a auto electrician I have already done that I was looking for advice of what was wrong with electric system not to contact auto electrician that was no help at all

BadgeCD Classic
Date PurchasedApr 2016

snapback

snapback

Generally good, but problems appear with age

Date PurchasedApr 2002

Great car, sweet to drive

I loved this car. Been very reliable and is a sweet car to drive, I loved it so much. Purchased second hand, was my very first car. Had a Holden Astra 2003 Manual. I found it easy to drive, changing gears was pretty easy to learn in and I felt very safe driving it. Great for learners or first car or just a round around. I wouldn't say it is the best for doing long distances, but still goes pretty strong witj no issues!
Have had no major issues apart from replacing the starter motor which was fairly cheap, otherwise I seriously had no problems!! It was my pride and joy, handles pretty well. The only thing was the air-con was pretty dodgy and got hot, but otherwise was great.

BadgeCDX
Date PurchasedJul 2016
JJm

JJmSydney, NSW

Bottomless money pit.

Had this car for four years. Performed the required services but alas, the problems continued to mount. Two ecu's, two coils packs, brake rotors and pads not lasting, engine overheating and doing the head. Thousands of dollars and mechanics who haven't a clue how to diagnose a problem, I've had enough. The car has gone into limp mode again because it is misfiring. Time for another car.

Bullet dodger

Bullet dodgerVictoria

Happy customer

Karz

KarzSydney

Don't buy this car !!! Nothing but trouble

I brought a 2000 Holden Astra it did last me only 5 years but during that time every 6 months something would go it cost so much money to fix and most mechanic can never fix the problem it lacked guts very slow take off , the car shook every-time I stopped or it would turn of on hills , then got that fixed other things went wrong the radio would be so loud every time I turned the car on even tho I never turned it up , oil light would stay on even tho there was no oil leaks and always oil in it faulty dash lights!
I would never ever buy this car again nothing but trouble
The only thing I like it just got me from a to b just .