Holden Astra TS

405 questions from our users

Haley C.

Haley C.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

My speedometer is not working on my Holden Astra TS series 2004 what is the problem with it.

Craig Smith

Craig Smithasked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

I wonder if anyone would know this. We have a TS Astra 1.8 2002 model. Is is possible to test the Throttle Body Sensor by measuring the resistance between the 8 pins in the socket? I would like to eliminate the throttle sensor before spending the money to get the ECU checked.

cumge t.

cumge t.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

I have a TS 2003 Astra 1.8 with starting problems. Winds over continuously. Had a mobile mechanic check it out and there's no fuel pumping through the lines at the engine or at the tank. So replaced fuel pump. No good. Same tests nil results. So then checked the fuel pump fuse which is intact. Being electronic I really have no idea what to do next. Any advice would be very helpful?

Maree D.

Maree D.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

holden astra TS 06/03 lost transponder chip fell out in water how to resent the new trandponder chip

Pandie

A locksmith would know how to reseat it.

steve t.

steve t.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Hi My daughter recently got her Ps and bought a Holden Astra TS 2000. It has very bad acceleration. What can we look at to see if we can resolve easily? Is there a common cause?
Secondly the gear wire has common off the nipple at the engine end. It wont start in Park but i can slide it back on and it does. Our mechanic says the wire needs to be replaced at cost of approx $500. is there a cheaper way to fix the nipple so dont need to replace whole wire?
Steve

Pandie

The gear wire sounds like you can improvise.
As for the bad acceleration, I'd say - Just a worn engine.

Graeme M.

Graeme M.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Will a RF door from a '05 Astra fit a '08 model?

Graeme M.

Graeme M.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Can anyone advise me 'will a 2005 model Astra TS RF door fit a 2008 model Astra? Pl advise......

Mike S.

Craig B.asked

Where is ecu unit on 2004 astra ts

Jarrad W.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

I have a 2004 holden astra it’s running rough idle the whole car shakes and loses power and when I try to drive it it goes really sluggish could anyone tell me what’s wrong with it please

Pandie

It sounds like all cylinders are not firing.
A tune-up and spark plug replacement will probably fix it.

Jarrad W.

I’ll replace the spark plugs and I’ll go from there

Adele P.

Adele P.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

I bought a second hand Holden Astra 2003 1.8 Auto (Opel) Sedan, came with brand new battery, had to put in new spark plugs not long after purchase, worked fine, issue is that my neighbour recently drove a few blocks for Starbucks, came back, then drove it across the road to her place, but after about 20 minutes it wouldn’t start when I got in it.. Since it wouldn’t start she and one of the other neighbours got in and started messing with fuses under the drivers side claiming it to be fuel pump, apparently replaced it for me and her uncle made me fork out to buy a coil pack and replace it but it’s still not starting. They say it’s the fuel pump, pedal test isn’t coming up with anything as just continuously flashes. I’m not hearing any clicking if I go to turn it over, there were no other signs that fuel pump or filter are the cause, it’s like it wants to start but can’t. I don’t want to fork out for a new fuel pump if I don’t have to, what can I do to source the problem since the pedal test didn’t work!! PLEASE HELP! Are there things I can look at myself, I want to learn a bit more about my car through this process!

Eric L.

Eric L.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

What is the wire harness for above the front mirror

Bev R.

Bev R.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

What does a clock spring do?

Neil W.

Neil W.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

How do you remove the plastic guard from under the drivers side front guard 2002 4 door sedan

Annnnnaaa

Annnnnaaaasked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Any ideas why my Speedo, fuel gauge, indicators and temperature gauge stops working mid driving??
Any ideas would be much appreciated

Pete

Peteasked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Hi I have a astra t.s.classic sedan 2004/5, just wondering how difficult is it to change a fuse,and where the fuse box is located,thank you,peter

S E.
S E.

Rhs behind the coin compartment. Open compartment the sqeeze sides to remove. fuse box will pivot forward when clip released.

Brett J.

Brett J.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Just bought a 2004 Astra TS, I get home and the left side all indicators not working but the right side is fine, I checked the fuse box under the steering column and it's ok so I check the bulbs they are okay, and I can hear the indicator flasher unit and it makes clicking sound when I try both sides, so I don't think that is the problem, I am stumped, can anyone suggest an idea. Thanks in advance

Other Convertibles