Holden Astra TS

Holden Astra TS (1998-2005)

Ngoc Nam Nguyen

Ngoc Nam NguyenSydney

Emission and TCS light always on, pressing gas takes long time to increase speed and noisy engine

Hi, I just bought an old car and just recently it has some problems:
* Emission and TCS light always on
* Whenever speed back to 0 (red light, traffic), pressing gas takes long time to increase speed
* Engine has a weird noise

Can someone please help and let me know what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

BadgeCD
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedOct 2018
philip kerr

philip kerrbrisbane

No help given

Reported that my dash panel not working eg temp fuel and speedo not working I was told to see a auto electrician I have already done that I was looking for advice of what was wrong with electric system not to contact auto electrician that was no help at all

BodySedan
BadgeCD Classic
Engine Size1.8L Petrol
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2016
Dianne

DianneSouthwest, VIC

Holden Astra 2005

Bought the car in Feb 2006 new from the dealer has only done 40,000k, the paintwork is now shocking. I have 2 lines down the roof where the paint has faded and peeled off, this is also starting to happen on the boot and bonnet. Holdens Customer Care response (once they saw the cost of the repairs) is that this is sun damage and its an old car !! Really? We have a 15yr old Pajero with no such fading or chipping......but what do Holden care, they have my money now and can hide behind the 'out of warranty' statement. Would never buy another as clearly the paint is not up to the climate the car is being sold in.

Michael012

Michael012Melbourne

Great to drive but not to own!

Engine Size1.8L
BadgeCD
Angela

AngelaSydney

Problems Galore

My 2008 Astra is second hand first couple years it was fine and around 2 years ago the problems started. It suddenly went dead while driving home TWICE, engine problems, warning lights coming on for no reason, and recently speaking from somewhere my son thinks it might be the suspension.
Big boot, good braking nice sized car.
Everything that isn't the inside of the car

Bazza1980

Bazza1980Melbourne

Astra 2004 TS

Engine Size1.8

Asera 2002 1.8 ltr

Having owned this car for 3 weeks I bought it second hand ,big mistake .changed the battery in the remote control ,As only 1 key worked .now .car turns over but wont start have had auto eletrician here for 4 days on and off trying to reprogram the car ,biggest piece of rubbish Ive owned since the 1998 Landrover freelander .both cars designers should have there engineers strung up and whipped.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stupid computers designed to make people money, unworkable ,

Engine Size1.8 ltr
billios

billios

Bad

I wouldnt buy a Holden again, I think they have too many problems. I sold the car soon after the extended warranty expired (six years).
Good solid car when comparing to athor small cars, good handling, suspension. Excellent braking and handling. Makes for nice easy drving. It's a good size car for city parking and can pack a fair bit in the boot.
Had afew things wrong with it: Had to replace the fuel injectors and key barrel. It took afew visits to the service department to repair the problem with starting up the engine as it would turn over about 15 to 20 times before it would start up. It needed the extra three year warrantee I took up after the problems started.

whateva

whateva

sare423

sare423

melissaf

melissafAU

Dont buy a Holden

I have an 05 Astra CD. Loved my Astra at first but then stupid stuff started breaking and going wrong, stuff that shouldnt happen to a 4-5 yr old car!
Will prob be trading it in soon as Im worried more stuff will go wrong with it.
Cheap on petrol, quite roomy inside, good size boot for a hatchback, smooth drive
Where do I start.. air con died when the car was only 3 yrs old, then it was the coil pack needing replacing which cost in excess of $600 to be replaced (both the air con and coil packs are common Astra problems), then it was the brake rotors that needed replacing, and the Astra brake rotors are very expensive. I was quoted from $600 to $1000 to get these replaced.

Nessa78
Nessa78
l0ves_ch0c0late

l0ves_ch0c0lateQLD, 4212

Not made for warm climates!

ErikaViolet

ErikaVioletSydney

Stay away

BodyHatch

I would never get an astra again

I got my 2001 cd hatch about 18 months ago. I got it secondhand from the dealer, full service history with it.
Doesnt feel like a small car, lots of boot space
Have spent a lot of money on astra 'faults'. Rear power windows broke, timing belt went and cost $2000, new radiator, ignition barrel, thermostat and ac isn't that great. I had an old holden commodore and i have nearly spent as much money on my astra as I did the holden. Had to get a new water pump and bearings in the engine when the timing belt went.

Michael K27
Michael K27

Was the engine damaged when the timing belt went? My Astra timing belt also snapped and now im worried the engine is gone also. Not sure whether to repair or buy another car. Simply not worth 2-3K

Casie2206

Casie2206South-Eastern Region, NSW

Sooo unreliable

I have changed almost everything under the Hood. I have replaced the motor when the car was only 3 years old I think that was at 65000km. The engine was "faulty" a piston came loose and went through the side of the motor. I have replaced 2 coils, 3 ignition barrels, the radiator, the thermostat, the alternator was the last to go. I have also fixed 3 out of 4 electric windows. It has become a joke within my family of what will go wrong next. I am religious with the services as well to no avail apparently. I am replacing this car this weekend. Only thing good with it is when it goes it goes like a dream.
Stylish, drives well.

Engine Size1.8l
Transmissionautomatic

Never buy an Astra

First of all the Astra has enough power and is great for fuel. But my car fishtails on a straight highway all the time I have had the tyres and everything looked at and nothing seems to be broken. My bestfriend also had a major car accident in her 2002 Astra and almost died because it fishtailed onto an embankment causing her to be horrified. If you are a parent looking for a first car for your teens, Please do not buy this car. I would recommend buying a ford focus or fiesta over the Holden Astra.
Reliable, fuel efficient.
parts are expensive, fishtails, unsafe!

Engine Size1.8L