Holden Astra TS

Holden Astra TS (1998-2005)

Beck

BeckPerth

Easy fix for Holden Astra !!!!

If your Astra overheats,
goes into limp mode,
or just plain and simple runs like crap, then call me in Western Australia to fix or perhaps improve the way it runs. My mobile is 0400501037. I have had two TS Astra sedans over the years and since I made this simple modification no limp mode or faults have come and both cars have been driven by learner drivers constantly stalling.....

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Awesome car when in function...

Why does my astra 05 sedan. TS model
Thump into reverse also thump into drive selection and yet the motor runs and sounds normal.However when in drive car does not want to preform like every other day... trans oil check
Engine oil check. Battery check.. may it be a sensor fault.. car starts fine. Need advice plz
Thanks... Sonya perth...

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedJune 2010
Bones269

Bones269Belmont

Good reliable drive

Picked up our 05 Astra Bertone Convertible a few years ago and its been a very reliable drive. They are a good handling car with low outside noise and plenty of cabin room front and back. With the top down the radio increases and decreases volume as needed to compensate for the extra ambient noise. The only real negative is the size of the sunshield being to small to really make much of a difference.

BadgeBertone
Date PurchasedOct 2016

gori

goriAdelaide

Not a Bad for safety

Saved my life in a massive car accident, thank god airbags worked. It was very unfortunate incident, although I believe mechanically this car wasnt A-one but m more happy to be alive. at the time of purchase it felt like a very strong carand reliable too but later iit gave me a little issues

Date PurchasedMay 2003
jess

jesstoowoomba

this is a great car need some ideas too get it fixed

I have not driven the car but would love too have my beautiful car on the road. And I need a bit of help to make this hapoen. My car has some sort of problem it won't kick over and it need a water pump replacement would this have anything too do with it.

BadgeVXR

BadgeCDX
Date PurchasedJune 2017
snapback

snapback

Generally good, but problems appear with age

Date PurchasedApr 2002
Bullet dodger

Bullet dodgerVictoria

Happy customer

Franky

FrankySpear's point

Sucking to much air

It goes not to bad,until you try to accelerate then it dies...there is a engine light on the dash baord, a little worrying but think its just a service light,a slight tapping sound from the engine...pretty good,just need to fix air flow so it stops waisting our fuel when we drive.

Awesome

I have found this site to be fantastic as I am not very mechanic wise on my new addition. I am trying to learn the little quirks that he has & this site has been fantastic. I will be using this site for whenever ai have a problem with him.

BadgeCD Equipe
RjC

RjCsouthaustralia

Loved My Astra

rr

rrsyd

Best driving small car

have driven other small cars and holden astra ts cd has it over them. Supple ride over bumps and excellent steering. Seats very comfortable around town and on long trips. Simply swallows luggage - i cant believe a small car can take such a large volume. Engine and auto gearbox well matched and much better than other small cars of similar vintage. Need to change cam belt at 60K and its wise to do water pump at same time. Thats sooner than similar small cars but they all need this done.
comfortable ride
Holden australa parts can be expensive. Get parts direct from Uk or on ebay at about half cost of Holden australia.

Tammy

Tammymelbourne

Help

My 2005 Holden Astra traction control light starting coming on, and today it just kept shutting down with no other warnings except the traction control light...driving and while stopped just had no power and shut off anyone knows what is causing this, and $....to fix....apart from this it's been a nice car to drive...worried it will shut off again driving to work before I can get someone to look at it

Anisa

AnisaSydney

reliable car

I have the 2007 CD and bought it brand new. I am happy with my car nothing major is wrong with it but have had little problems.

The air con broke once and got it replaced. it has always been very noisy when exhilarating and the air con is on at the same time.

It's a very reliable car and has served me well in the 6 years i have owed it.
looks good, no major problems
air con broke and makes a funny sound

BodyCoupe
Dad55

Dad55Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable car

Engine Size4-cyl

monkeymoo

monkeymoo

Good

I have a 2005 model Astra, automatic. The first 5 years were great, only problem was the back window jamming once. But this year alone I've had problems with the thermostat, indicator and an intermittent leak. But I love my Astra, I enjoy driving it. However, thinking of replacing it soon as I'm worried more things are going to go wrong with it!
Easy to drive, good looking.
Needs better cup holders!! Had problems with electronic windows jamming, left indicator goes haywire every so often.

astra12
astra12

holden astra 2005 cdx

I bought the car with 70000 on the clock and i have had it now for four years and i still really like the car. It handles very well and has never let me down., as long has you get all the services done i would recommend this car to anyone wanting a small hatch back.
handles very well and great on fuel

BadgeCDX
noddyyy
noddyyy

hi , i just got a2005 Astra and when i turn the radio on it comes up with safe 3 on the dash clock . Pls does anyone know what this means and to do pls ?

patrick_bateman

patrick_bateman

Good

All looked good up until the 7yr old mark and generally am concerned about any more costly repairs required, in particular in view of the negative reports/reviews I am reading/hearing about these Astra vehicles........am considering trading in
I bought my wife an Astra City hatch new in 2002, looks great,drives and handles well, good performance,fuel consumption OK, solid feel....generally we have been happy with the car
All OK with reliability up until about last June at the 50000klms mark -(she does'nt go very far) ....timing belt/water pump/alternator changed.Air conditioning packed in December 2009, new compressor required, am now advised that engine mounts are broken and need replacing.