Holden Astra

Holden Astra (page 2 of 13)

TS, AH, BK, etc...

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nick B.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Chimmy

ChimmyHighett

Very smooth

We brought our Astra in June. I’m super happy with it. We originally owned a Cruze and as much as I like it this car is better. The smoothness of it is what I love he most and it’s turbo. The features in it are great (apple car play) the old system was a bit slow but not any more I connect straight away. The boot is large which is great with a pram the back seats are roomy. Have had two adults and a car seat and everyone was fine. For what I paid and what I got I’m over the moon thanks Holden

BadgeLS+
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Dalma

DalmaMelbourne

Perfect car

I absolutely love this car! Great space in the boot as it’s a sedan, plus it also has all the extras you might need in your every day driving apart from an electric engine. Average fuel consumption is around 5.7-6.5l. Really comfortable, easy to use interface, huge screen and wheels which help you to focus more on the traffic rather than worrying about how to operate what.

BadgeLT
Engine Size1.4 Petrol
Awful Truth

Awful TruthGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great car heaps of features

Very impressed with this vehicle for under $20k, have compared with other vehicles, has day time driving lights, rain sensor wipers, stop start, Emergency Bracking, lane keeping assistance, auto lights, reverse camera and rear sensors, Apple car play, DAB radio, Seven inch touch screen, seventeen inch alloy wheels, leather steering, 1.4 litre turbo very fuel efficient, made in Europe. Great styling with piano finish. Seriously most expensive vehicles don't gave half the stuff. Also 7 year warranty with 3 year roadside (RACV)......

BadgeR Plus
Engine Size1.4
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Beck

BeckPerth

Easy fix for Holden Astra !!!!

If your Astra overheats,
goes into limp mode,
or just plain and simple runs like crap, then call me in Western Australia to fix or perhaps improve the way it runs. My mobile is 0400501037. I have had two TS Astra sedans over the years and since I made this simple modification no limp mode or faults have come and both cars have been driven by learner drivers constantly stalling.....

BadgeCity
Engine Size1.8L Petrol
Date PurchasedMar 2016

Sam ADAM

Sam ADAMNowra

DON'T BUY THIS TRASH

Bought this car in 2014 for $7000 however, I had to spend another $4000 repairs
The car shakes/judders when driving at 60km or higher. The sports button makes the car undrivable. Another typical European Holden, nothing but problems.

Avoid at all costs especially L and P platers as we don't have that much money to spend.

BadgeCDTI
Date PurchasedJun 2014

Cee

CeeAdelaide

Better now Holden dont touch it

Date PurchasedJan 2009

Rae

Rae

Astra must mean a Star.

My Astra Hatchback 2016 is one of a kind and I seriously rarely have seen another pass me. The sat nav is not great to use in a hurry. Twirling the dial back and forth and over and over for each letter is very tiresome. I end up using my Google Map app on my phone. Side vision is limited, but the electrics have not let me down more than once. Warranty covered that sad little affair. ( Whatever a broken front camera is, it stopped working)

BadgeLimited Edition
Engine Size1.6L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedJul 2016

AshlynSusan

AshlynSusanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fun Fun Fun in the Sun

Great all rounder car for cruising etc
Good on fuel consumption, Performance & handling on the road with the power when you need it Perfect.
If it rains while enjoying the roof down, going 50km or more you do NOT get wet. Back seat is roomy for all passengers.
Bertone interior looks stylish with sports seats that are so comfortable, even has heater in the seats for warmth in Winter

BodyConvertible
BadgeBertone
Date PurchasedJun 2015

A real surprise! Great value, comfortable and fun to drive

BadgeRsv
Engine Size1.6L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Jess Lucas

Jess Lucas

Great little hatchback

Great little car. We were looking for something that performed similarly to our VW Golf, but with improved reliability. (We spent more on repairs for the Golf than it was worth!).

The Holden Astra ticked all the boxes. It was affordable, small, but also provided a good driving experience.

1) Excellent handling and performance, low noise, nimble around corners, good acceleration (considering it is a 1.4L engine).
2) Simple, clean interior. Nothing too fancy, not 'gadgety'.
3) Economical. Costs $50 AUD to fill up.
4) Looks nice enough, considering it's a small car.

BadgeTurbo
Engine Size1.4L Turbo
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Stacey J

Stacey JAU

Favourite car!

My car got written off and I bought a second hand Holden Astra and have never looked back! It feels so good to drive it’s so smooth, not too big on the outside but spacious five seater on the inside and best of all it’s very cheap on fuel! It’s honestly the best car I have ever owned!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Mary	Falconer

Mary FalconerRedondo Beach

Dream Car

Good for nothing. 5 weeks after I bought this car it broke down. That was one sure sign of it being a lemon. Test drive and yep, very impressed. Steering was so easy, seats comfy, spacious, all the bells and whistles except for inbuilt maps, but can get the current up-to-date maps from my mobile phone via usb cable, and that works great.

BodyCoupe
BadgeCD Classic
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Crap car

Worst car ive ever owned. I cant believe there are reviews stating astras are great little cars far from it. I got the wagon 2006 model for 6grand. The horn stoped working after the first week. Then only 1 year later replaced the brake pads but there aas a major problems so from a $300 job it turned into $1000. And just only after that the coil pack went and the parts for the astra wagon are so expensive seriously guys this is the worst type of car and now i have a new problem and j dont know what has happened for ages it keeps cutting out after i try to turn it on and its not the starter motor or the alternator

BodyWagon
Date PurchasedMar 2015
Luke

LukeSydney

Terrible

Second sign was when I took it for its first 6 monthly warranty service, and got told repairs would cost $880. ???
Apparently what needed to be replaced was not covered by the warranty. How convenient.
Somebody told me the Astra and the Holden Viva have same engine types. I will know to stay away from both in the future.
Please note: All the positive reviews you see, are written by Holden dealers. Customers will never have anything good to say about a Holden.

BadgeCD

Ronnie D

Ronnie D

Dream Car

Oh wow, I so love my new Astra. Replaced my 2004 Astra, was so happy with the old car decided to stick with Astra. Looked at a few new ones, and fell in love with this sleek black 4 door hatch back, was a demo model. Test drive and yep, very impressed. Steering was so easy, seats comfy, spacious, all the bells and whistles except for inbuilt maps, but can get the current up-to-date maps from my mobile phone via usb cable, and that works great. Sensors here there and everywhere, so many features, still learning them. My son informed me the Sport setting/button works well. Real good on fuel consumption.

BadgeSRi Turbo

Viv

VivSydney

Love this car! Best purchase ever made

Absolute killer of a car. Engine growls at low revs and the body is an elegant but sporty shape. Plenty of legroom and leather seats are super comfortable. However there is a bit of turbo lag especially at lower speeds and at 11.0L/100km, she's a thirsty one that will keep your petrol costs high. Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a stunner and a great driving experience.

BodyCoupe
BadgeVXR
Date PurchasedJun 2017

woodunn

woodunnHahndorf

Great low down grunt and good looking to boot

Good value top of the range hatch.
Plenty of power and smart traditional automatic.
Handles great around the Adelaide Hills and also on the open road.
Fantastic technology with DAB radio, Android Auto, Apple Carplay, self parking, heated seats..........
We found the seats in the R and RS too tight with the side bolsters however the RS-V with leather have a wider seat base and are very comfortable.
The lumbar support adjusts vertically and horizontally.
The only downside so far is it requires 95RON as a minimum.

BadgeRS-V
Date PurchasedJan 2017

BP93

BP93Brisbane

Simplicity at its finest!

BadgeR